November 6 Day Charity CAL: 11/21 - 11/26

busy-bee-lmt

I didn't get anything done last night after all. I frittered away my time at work, and, sigh, found new projects I want to do. I'm just not in the mood for the same old, same old right now. I left all the yarn at work though, so maybe I can get some done tonight.

I was looking at the Attic24 blog last night, at Lucy's wreaths. I want to make one! Maybe over Christmas. Or maybe the fit will pass. But they are wonderful. Here's the link in you haven't seen them: http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/2013/11/wreath-love-just-because.html

Wow!  Those are fantastic wreaths.  I don't know if I have the patience to do all the flowers and such.  Maybe.  It definitely would be for a future date.

Wow, everyone has been busy! Linda, you are so close. I hope you get your 50.

I have had mixed results with the Addi. I will have pictures later.

For now, my cat stuff: 96 fleece toys, 3 crochet toys a pillow and a bed. I have some mats done but they don't could until the ends are in and they are washed. Also I made 3 more toys today but my cats made them disappear somewhere....

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

What wonderful things for the homeless kitties.  

I have started two new prayer shawls already this session.  One is my trusty go-to quickie in Homespun (variegated turquoise.)  The other is my Celtic Knot pattern, which I haven't done in a long time.  The know in the back stands for the interconnectedness of people and eternal friendship.  It seemed especially appropriate right now.  It's done in two strands of thin yarn, one a gold metallic and the other fuzzy.

Donna, thanks for being with us this month.  Great work on the squares.  Sometimes this just cut out time super short.  It happens to us all.  Have a great Thanksgiving.

I finished 1 Doll dress for this month's drive.  However it did inspire me to get organized and start next year's doll donation.  I have one dress about 1/2 done and am plotting out what I want to accomplish.  DH is dropping off 4 dolls with their clothes and accessories to the local tech high school tomorrow.  I love this program because it teaches the students the skills involved in organizing and running a charity and it benefits those who get the gifts.

HI Donna, ha ha, yeah my cats are "product testers" that is for sure.  Were you the one trying to clear out your "pounders" a few months ago?  I get everyone so confused sometimes. 

Linda's hats, Bailey's doll clothes, and I forget what else I have read.  We are a small but busy group this month.

My brother just flew into town last night, so I might not crochet much more before the close of the CAL, but you never know.  Maybe I can get him to try the Addi!  He bought me my yarn winder a few Christmases ago, so he's usually interested in what I am doing, unlike my hubby who is bored with it all!! 

Denise

Wishing you all a very Happy Thanksgiving!  One of the things that I'm thankful for every day is all my friends here at Crochetville.  You all make my life so much richer.  Thank you.  :manyheart 

I am so sorry that I couldn't join in,  my ISP addy was blocked for a bit but I am finally back.

couldn't sign in but I happened to make 15 hats in the time frame of the blast.  I was on a kick to get my "Port Cares" boxes filled with hats. 

Archived