November 6 Day Charity CAL: 11/21 - 11/26

busy-bee-lmt

I'm not sure where the last month has gone, but it's almost time for this month's six day charity CAL.  It is open to one and all.  All crafts are welcome.  Sewing, crocheting, knitting, weaving, etc.  The items can be for any charity of your choice and this includes animal shelters.  Whether you can join us for just one day or the whole six days makes no difference.  This is a time to join together and focus on those in need.  We end up with a grand total that demonstrates just how much our individual bits amount to when added to others' little bits.  I'm always amazed by how much is accomplished.  If you want to start a little early and/or go a little past the six days, that is fine too.  We chat and show pictures of our work and encourage each other  throughout the CAL.  Cheerleaders are always welcome too.

Here are last month's totals to give you an idea of what we can do together.

4 Hats

6 - six inch squares

3 Baby Blanket, Baby Sweater, & Hat sets

4 Granny squares

3 1/2 Prayer Shawls

20 Baby & Childrens' Hats

7 Lapghans

8 of 10 rounds on 8 squares

7 of 10 rounds on 4 squares

Progress on a Lapghan

2 Preemie Afghans

1 Preemie Afghan with matching Hat

Congratulations everyone for last month!   :yay  :yay  :yay 

At the end of the six days I ask that everyone post your individual total in Big, Bold letters and I'll attempt to get a grand total posted by the following weekend.  (Or, at least by the start of the December CAL.  :P )

I'm in for this month. Gonna be making squares for Warmup America to be donated to Michael's. My local Michael's is taking donations for Warmup America. They have a box when you first go in. I think all Michael's are doing this. So much was accomplished last month. Way to go ladies!!!

Hi everyone. I am in! I recently bought an Addi Kingsize which makes perfect adult sized hats, so I may do some of those. I am just learning how to use it, so I am not sure what I will accomplish.

I do need to get some crochet cat toys going too. We give away the toys and blankets I make when a cat is adopted so they will have something with their scent when they go home. Our store has had great adoption numbers this fall, so I have to keep up!

Glad to have you again this month Denise and Krazychrocheter.   :cheer  Your projects sound perfect.  :cheer 

I am going to be working on a knitted prayer shawl.   :knit The pattern is simple, but it's been driving me crazy since it's easy to mess up.   :shrug    I've had to frog it 3 times already.   :2frog   :2frog   :2frog  I've now got stitch markers at every 4 stitches to try to help me with it.  

Welcome, Pineknot, Cshort, and Katieallen.  Nice to have you join us this month.   :welcome  Your project is one new to me, Katie.  It looks like a very worthwhile one. 

In the past our Michael's has not collected them, but I finally got someone at the store who knew what I was talking about - that took a while - and they are this year. So I may try to make a few squares for them. I'll go through my scraps tomorrow and see what yarn I can come up with.

For the CAL this month, I'll only be doing what I can get to while at work. I'm making an afghan for a friend that, at this point, I would sell my soul to the low bidder to have finished and in the mail. I may have had this same story last month. It seems like I've been working on it forever. Any time I have at home, will be given to that. I'm off Mon-Fri next week (hooray!!) so I'll turn in totals Sunday night. 

So between limited time and other projects, I volunteer to be the underachiever for November. 

In the past our Michael's has not collected them, but I finally got someone at the store who knew what I was talking about - that took a while - and they are this year. So I may try to make a few squares for them. I'll go through my scraps tomorrow and see what yarn I can come up with.

Good for you!

For the CAL this month, I'll only be doing what I can get to while at work. I'm making an afghan for a friend that, at this point, I would sell my soul to the low bidder to have finished and in the mail. I may have had this same story last month. It seems like I've been working on it forever. Any time I have at home, will be given to that. I'm off Mon-Fri next week (hooray!!) so I'll turn in totals Sunday night. 

Sounds great.  Just do what you can.

So between limited time and other projects, I volunteer to be the underachiever for November. 

Love it!   :lol   Glad to have you with us again.

I pulled some yarn for the Warm Up America squares this morning and cut a 7x9" cardboard template for easy sizing. Some of the yarn is leftover in colors I never anticipate using again, a couple of variegated colors I just don't like after I bought them online, and some random colors. I made one in just plain dc to get the ball rolling.

I decided I would give all the crochet time to this through Sunday. Since I off extra time next week, I can probably get the afghan done then, and may be happier about it after a break. I think the only reason it's such a chore is that it's getting big and hard to turn. I think my vocation is truly limited to lapghans.

So I've made a beginning and brought yarn to work tonight. I should be able to get several done tonight, especially if I keep just doing rows of dc, which works as well as anything with variegated yarn anyway. 

Congratulations, everyone.   :cheer   :cheer    :cheer

I see we are off to a great beginning.  I finished off a prayer shawl tonight that just had one row left to go and the hiding of the tails.  I also added several rows to the knitted prayer shawl I started this week after having frogged it three times already.  I'm making slow but steady progress on it this time.

I made several squares yesterday. I'll get a few more done today to add to the ones that have been laying around and put them together for a lapghan. Since I'm home with a cold/virus I'm hoping to get if finished today.

I made several squares yesterday. I'll get a few more done today to add to the ones that have been laying around and put them together for a lapghan. Since I'm home with a cold/virus I'm hoping to get if finished today.

Hope you are feeling better very soon.

I have 5 squares done.  It would be more if I hadn't spent all my time after work playing dumb computer games. I'll probably be able to get at least another two or three done tonight, unless I'm lured into freecell again. It's fun to be doing something little for a change.                                                           

Way to go, everyone!  You are all doing great!   :cheer    :cheer    :cheer

I have some hot mulled cider on and hot chocolate with whipped cream for those of you needing to warm up a little in this chillier weather.  And fresh from the oven gingerbread men.  Help yourself to some cyber goodies while crafting today.   :)

I work today, so I'm not sure how much time I'll have to craft, will take some with me for if it's quiet.

I didn't get anything done last night after all. I frittered away my time at work, and, sigh, found new projects I want to do. I'm just not in the mood for the same old, same old right now. I left all the yarn at work though, so maybe I can get some done tonight.

I was looking at the Attic24 blog last night, at Lucy's wreaths. I want to make one! Maybe over Christmas. Or maybe the fit will pass. But they are wonderful. Here's the link in you haven't seen them: http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/2013/11/wreath-love-just-because.html

Wow, everyone has been busy! Linda, you are so close. I hope you get your 50.

I have had mixed results with the Addi. I will have pictures later.

For now, my cat stuff: 96 fleece toys, 3 crochet toys a pillow and a bed. I have some mats done but they don't could until the ends are in and they are washed. Also I made 3 more toys today but my cats made them disappear somewhere....

post-13802-0-29608600-1385336662_thumb.jpg

Well, your cats wouldn't want to you be giving away substandard toys so someone has to test them. They don't want you to be embarrassed in front of strange cats.  :lol

That's a lot! Good work!

Archived