Sketching Gloves

Skoggy

The pattern for these was featured on Garnstudio's Facebook page.

I have been needing to make myself something like this because I'm going to be starting degree studies next month and will be having to take up residence in my dining room for studying. Annoyingly, the dining room is the coldest room in the house. So, as I will be working on my laptop quite alot and reading, I needed something thin yet warm.

For these I used, DROPS Fable (fingering / 4ply) and a 3.5mm hook.

The pattern used a normal starting chain but, as they needed to be a little bit more stretchy, I used a hdc foundation row instead. It worked great.

post-54070-0-63229600-1379088349_thumb.jpg

Skoggy;  These are beautiful and I love the yarn you used too! Nice job. I am going to make some for my DIL as she lives where it snows all winter and they'll come in handy.

I checked around Facebook and found the reference. Here's the direct Ravelry link in case any are interested. Hope that's okay.

Thank you for sharing.

Thanks ladies. :hug

Skoggy;  These are beautiful and I love the yarn you used too! Nice job. I am going to make some for my DIL as she lives where it snows all winter and they'll come in handy.

I checked around Facebook and found the reference. Here's the direct Ravelry link in case any are interested. Hope that's okay.

Thank you for sharing.

Thanks for doing that. I forgot to add the link. :)
I love all DROPS yarn and Fable is lovely. Its Wool / Polyamide so will be nice and warm. This colour is lovely. I like dark colours so was thrilled when this was delievered and I saw it in person.

You are very welcome Skoggy.

I was just now reading through the pattern and came across a term that stopped me in my tracks.

"N.B. the additional round". Can you tell me what it means since you've made the gloves?

You are very welcome Skoggy.

I was just now reading through the pattern and came across a term that stopped me in my tracks.

"N.B. the additional round". Can you tell me what it means since you've made the gloves?

Yeah. That confused me as well. It is just pointing out in words rather than numbers that the larger pattern requires additional rounds to the normal size. The row count is right, and it does have the additional rounds. I have no idea why it was written as well.

Hmmm....Curious to say the least. Thank you for the info.

Yeah. That confused me as well. It is just pointing out in words rather than numbers that the larger pattern requires additional rounds to the normal size. The row count is right, and it does have the additional rounds. I have no idea why it was written as well.

Archived