Pack Purse

Zhaylin Black

I am unhappy about only three things.

1- the seam.  I started this as a coaster, then let it round up.  I worked ridged stitches to the inside of the pouch with the intention of turning the bag inside out when finished (which I did).  The seams were barely noticeable before I turned it.

2- my botched job as a seamstress lol.  I stitched the ends of the strap together after weaving it through the loops.

3- The length of my strap.  But a knot will take care of that until I can buy more yarn.

The project took less than 2 skeins of yarn (I used both skeins at the same time for extra durability)

I used double crochet stitches until the last row, when I switched to triples to weave the strap through.

Then I looked on YouTube about how to make ruffles and the first one I saw showed how to make double ruffles, which I added above the triple crochets.

The strap was simply single crocheted in 3 rows.

Now I need to figure out how to add a liner and an outside pocket :)

I worked on this bag for about 7 hours.

(and now I can sleep  :rofl  )

post-68080-0-28773800-1377261879_thumb.jpg

post-68080-0-04001500-1377261889_thumb.jpg

Bah!  I'm not a huge fan of the bag for practical purposes... but I'm not a huge fan of purses in general, so it might just take some getting used to.

I'm one of those dreaded fanny pack wearers  :rofl  And not a discrete fanny pack either.  Mine is a little taller than the Bible and Baby Wipe container shown above and a tad wider than them.  It has pockets on either side for carrying water bottles and a zipper pocket in the front and two zippered compartments along the side straps that clip at my back (I wear the pack facing frontward).

I don't carry water bottles (it's a hikers pack), so one cup pocket usually holds my car keys.  And if my hands are cold, I stick my fists inside them  :lol

I absolutely love it.  But it's nearing the end of it's life  :cry And I can't find another.

If I'm shopping using a basket, I rest the basket on top of my pack.  If I'm helping hubby move items, I do the same.

I can't sew to save my life, so I was hoping to eventually learn how to crochet a replacement fanny pack.  I don't know if such a thing would be as useful (for resting items on).

Time to run off to YouTube and try to learn how to make rectangular coasters that I could raise purse fashion lol

fanny pack wearers unite,they are getting harder to find,people are amazed at how many things I can pull out of a standard fanny pack

Bah!  I'm not a huge fan of the bag for practical purposes... but I'm not a huge fan of purses in general, so it might just take some getting used to.

I'm one of those dreaded fanny pack wearers  :rofl  And not a discrete fanny pack either.  Mine is a little taller than the Bible and Baby Wipe container shown above and a tad wider than them.  It has pockets on either side for carrying water bottles and a zipper pocket in the front and two zippered compartments along the side straps that clip at my back (I wear the pack facing frontward).

I don't carry water bottles (it's a hikers pack), so one cup pocket usually holds my car keys.  And if my hands are cold, I stick my fists inside them  :lol

I absolutely love it.  But it's nearing the end of it's life  :cry And I can't find another.

If I'm shopping using a basket, I rest the basket on top of my pack.  If I'm helping hubby move items, I do the same.

I can't sew to save my life, so I was hoping to eventually learn how to crochet a replacement fanny pack.  I don't know if such a thing would be as useful (for resting items on).

Time to run off to YouTube and try to learn how to make rectangular coasters that I could raise purse fashion lol

:manyheart  Sister!  How nice to meet you  :lol

I actually tried crocheting the fanny pack last night.  I was very optimistic, but it turned out much too large.  I have a nice (handle-less) basket out of though :D  I can't sew and the thought of sewing on a zipper overwhelmed me.    I figured out an alternative, but I was just playing around initially and forgot to count my foundation chain.  I figured, I could just duplicate the bottom of the basket, but make it wider- then I could bring the work "up" (what is the correct term for that?) in the form of a lid.  But then I run into the same problem of how to connect the two?

I saw something on YouTube the other day about making handles for purses.  The person called it making a bridge.  It looked really handy but beyond my skill set.

There's so much yet for me to learn :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived