I need some help!

mrs who

Question

I'm making another shrug - this one is for myself. I used an sc/dc crunch stitch for the body of the shrug, but I can't decide what stitch to use for the "ruffle" which will essentially be the collar and torso. I don't want something as open as my daughter's one:

shrugfront.jpgshrugback.jpg

Here's what I have so far:

shrugback1.jpg

and

shrugfront1.jpg

I know I look like I haven't had my coffee yet:morcoffee - because it's early and I haven't!!!! ;) But, goofy pictures of me notwithstanding, what stitches do you all suggest for the ruffle/body which will be fairly solid, not too girly, and will make the most of this yarn?

It's hard to tell, but it's the denim marl from bernat softee: denimmarl.jpg

:?

Suggestions are most welcome!!!

13 answers to this question

You could continue with an sc row, then do the increases "cocoon-style" if you like that look. (what I don't like about that is that the last couple of rows tend to pull it down, so I end up with big holes)

Or, here is the one I did, see if you like the pattern (post #28)

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7959

Your shrug looks really pretty, I am sure it will turn out well:clap

Your shrug looks very pretty so far. What pattern are you using? Sorry I can't be a better help to you on what stitch to use to finish it up. I have never made a shrug. I have seen them knitted but this is the first crocheted one. That is so cool. Wish you luck on the finished project. Let us know how it turns out. I'd love to see it done.

:knit

i have to tell you that i really dig this as it is. lovely~* cute! i'm not a fan of shrugs with collars tho--so yes, i'm biased.

with that being said, how about using the moss stitch, which is similiar to what you did for the body. or is that what you actually did already? maybe i need some coffee!

or the urchin stitch? i think that might be pretty~* its tiny spoked motifs give the pattern a raised textural effect. and it's a semi solid pattern.

or maybe the point stitch?

that's all i can come up with for now~*

Could you continue using the same sc/dc?, but instead of going onto every stich, go into every other stitch. Does this make sense?

Miki

makes plenty sense~* not sure, but i think that's what she's done already, it would be the moss stitch.

I LOVE the one you did for your daughter!!!!!!!!! Where can I get that pattern?

Did you design it? It is really cute and exactly what I have been looking for. Please let me know where I cna get a copy of the pattern.

Thanks

Yarnbunny

Really, what about continuing in the same stitch pattern just doing the appropriate increases?

I think I want to try that. Would be nice with seed stitch, open stitch and a whole number of others, don't you think?:)

It sits really nicely in the back. Did you do anything differently this time?

Archived