Comfy Slippers

Tiffany

I couldn't stand having cold toes any longer so I made these adorable ribbed slippers yesterday. I don't know what has overcome me - two finished projects in three days. :faint

marloslippers.jpg

I used this pattern and Caron Simply Soft in Brocade Print.

Guest SamplerLady

I've made these before, too. They are a very comfortable and easy to make. I changed the pattern and spiral around rather than sl sting each round to end it, ch 1 and continue. I just keep going round and round and round until it's long enough. It eliminates the seam which is aesthetically more pleasing to me.

I do love that yarn, though! It makes a real nice dark/light fabric! mmouseplus.gif

I cant wait to make some of these for myself :bounce:bounce These look so comfy and easy to make. Thanks for sharing, yours came out beautiful! I might use verigated yarn too!

Kelly v

Thanks for all of the comments. :fluffy :grouphug Rebecca, you should try this pattern because it's very non-sockish. :))

I thought the same too about the pattern! Just how did I miss this one of Marlo's?? I'm going to make a few more pairs as Christmas presents for my aunts and grandma. :))

thanks everyone for the thumbs up on my slipper pattern. It was one of my first designs. I have made many pairs. I even used the basic concepts of the pattern and designed a felted slipper. Picture of it way back on my blog. I think I need to tinker with that pattern a bit more this winter. The felted slippers are amazingly warm. Almost too warm some days in Texas.

marlo

marlo's crochet corner

www.marloscrochetcorner.com

that girl-blog

www.marloscrochetcorner.c....php?cat=1

i was thinking of doing these for my mommy for Christmas as well - she is diabetic and her feet are very very sensitive and she is not allowed to go bare foot ... how do they feel while walking? - my worries are that you might be able to feel the stitches- kinda knotty??? if ya'll think they will be okay for her, let me know - i'm gonna choose a vari as well

:?

Rebecca, I can't really feel the stitches when I'm walking, but I wonder if you could line them with a soft fabric if it bothered her? :? In case they're too slippery on some surfaces (wood floors, tile, etc), I've heard of people that put different things on the bottom of slippers to keep them from slipping. Puff paint is the only one I can think of right now. :thinking1

I would suggest maybe putting some Dr Scholl's in there after you're done. I've heard that can help with the slippery-ness of slippers, too, and by putting a sole in between her foot and the slipper, I bet it would feel ok.

I found if you paint little designs (like hearts or dots) on the bottom of your yarn slippers with the Puff Paint that comes in a tube and you just squeeze it out, and let it dry, it helps stop the slipping-- works great!

• 2 years later...

Archived