Bartering with Crochet

A friend of mine wanted me to make him a sweater vest and his sister had a box of yarn that she didnt want anymore so I told him I would trade my work for the yarn. I wasnt expecting this big of a box but I'm definitly happy with the trade. Does anyone else barter with their crochet work?

post-66663-0-43930400-1366558057_thumb.jpg

post-66663-0-89629300-1366558051_thumb.jpg

Oh wow! Thats a fantastic box of yarn!

I have a few crafty friends and we swap our skills with eachother. Someone wants me to make something for them, so they make me something. Its great. Going back to the old days when money didn't exist and everyone shared their skills. :)

That was a good trade!!

I have one friend that we trade sewing or yarn stuff if one needs it or has too much.  And another friend that barters with me, I usually sew or crochet things for fabric or "stocking stuffers" she accumulates from sales.  It's a good way to get stuff!!

I did this just recently. My coworker does photography. She photographed my son's Eagle Scout Court of Honor and in return I made her two fringe blankets and a baby hammock for her photography studio.

Oh wow! Thats a fantastic box of yarn!

I have a few crafty friends and we swap our skills with eachother. Someone wants me to make something for them, so they make me something. Its great. Going back to the old days when money didn't exist and everyone shared their skills. :)

I'm actually doing that right now! A friend of mine does handmade jewelry and made me a custom necklace, so I bought some beautiful RH Boutique yarn and I'm making her an infinity scarf to trade!

Archived