Edging

sprtsbear

Question

8 answers to this question

I saw this edging and thought it would work.  If you click on the link and scroll down just about to the bottom of the page there is a clickable tutorial for the edging. 

http://sandra-cherryheart.blogspot.com/2012/07/giant-granny-patches.html

That was exactly the border I was going to suggest!  I think it really complements the granny stitch!

I love the border this lady has added to her Granny. The colors pop and it looks very "finished". Her instructions are writtern after the 2nd photo.

I just finished a couple of join as you go granny afghans and put two rows of dc on one of them and then finished it off with a row of reverse sc.

On the other, I did a few rows of sc and finished that one off with a row of picots.

It also depends on the colors, if it is more masculine I tend towards reverse sc, if more feminine, picots.

Sometimes, just a row of dc or a couple of rows of sc, many times I just look at the afghan, whether it is a join as you go or one big giant square granny or rectangle and then decide. 

The one from Crochet Again is stunning. Another to add to  my evergrowing list. LOL.

LI Roe

I like it a lot too. One of my current projects is a granny for my sister and I just may put this border on it.  :D

Oh Reni that entire afghan is gorgeous!  But I agree....the border is beautiful!

Archived