I'm making an afghan as a gift, and I really like the pattern--spiderweb blocks separated by a grid of openwork, very easy to see where I am in the pattern....or so i thought!

post-10356-0-32486000-1365378612_thumb.jpg

I was holding it up, saying to my husband that I really like it, isn't it looking great, when Oh *#!@x there's a big mistake!    I'm just glad i found it when i did!  

the pattern is eight spiderwebs across, 135 sts in a row i believe ...not that I'm counting!  :P

My heart is with you on this one.  I think we have all been there and done that at some time. :ghug

I know it is very much a shared experience!  ;-)   I did kind of surprise myself with this one 'cause i had been checking frequently to make sure I wasn't off track.....guess i should look at it from a distance more often!  

took me a minute to even see the mistake. if it is what I am seeing. Are you talking about there not being the line for spaces between the top and 2nd rows?  I think anyone would be happy to have it and prolly not even notice

I've made this pattern many, many times and love it.  I know when I make a mistake I have to go back and correct it.  I don't blame you one bit for doing so.  Babies love afghans made of this pattern by the way. 

took me a minute to even see the mistake. if it is what I am seeing. Are you talking about there not being the line for spaces between the top and 2nd rows?  I think anyone would be happy to have it and prolly not even notice

Yes, there should be a row of spaces between the spiderweb rows.  It does really blend in and doesn't look bad at all which Is why I didn't notice it i guess lol

I've made this pattern many, many times and love it.  I know when I make a mistake I have to go back and correct it.  I don't blame you one bit for doing so.  Babies love afghans made of this pattern by the way. 

I like it  a lot too!  I like the spiderweb st patt in any form.  This will be my first full size afghan, previously I have only made a doll blanket from the pattern.   I've ripped back because i just didn't like the way a stitch was sitting, and because I skipped one space, all in the part since the "big" mistake, I noticed those little things but not the big one lol

I ripped back last night and now have redone it to about halfway to where I was when I realized the mistake.

I appreciate the comments that it doesn't look so bad and could be left in, but the thing i love about the pattern is the way each spiderweb sits in its own little "windowpane", so i have to put the panes in! :D    :crocheting

Don't you wish you could just hit the undo, insert, repaste button :lol   Or cash in those ripped stiches somehow. 

I wish I could cash in the ripped stitches for some improved brain cells that would cause me to be able to remember where I am in the gosh darn pattern!  :loco

You're not alone in stupid mess ups. I remember working on a shawl.  It was worked across the top and down to the point.  it was a beautiful but braindead pattern.  So, what did I do?  I didn't finish the row before I put it down for the night so when I picked it up the next morning I turned and continued.  It wasn't until about 10 inches later that I noticed the top end flapping away in the breeze.  .

I would've frogged it, too.

You're not alone in stupid mess ups. I remember working on a shawl.  It was worked across the top and down to the point.  it was a beautiful but braindead pattern.  So, what did I do?  I didn't finish the row before I put it down for the night so when I picked it up the next morning I turned and continued.  It wasn't until about 10 inches later that I noticed the top end flapping away in the breeze.  .

I would've frogged it, too.

I was trying to make a prayer shawl last month and had some problems with a simple dc pattern!!!  I was aiming for 20" wide X 60" long.  At first, after 3 or 4 rows, It measured 20". So I continued happily along, until I noticed it was getting much wider!  I checked--same stitch count, same hook size, same yarn--everything!!  I frogged it , made adjustments, then proceeded to do it again, crocheting happily along once again!  After it again grew to 10 or 20 rows, I measured again.    24" this time!  So I frogged once again and went to a completely different pattern--everything turned out great!!  I was beginning to think I'd stepped into the "Twilight Zone"!!

I know what you are going through. I'm currently working on sewing squares of my afghan together. I sewed four squares to the wrong side of the blanket and one square in a previous row was in the wrong placement. I thought for sure I'd have to put it away and work on something else for awhile. I'm sticking with it though. I will be beyond thrilled to finish it.

Archived