Getting Started on Gifts for 2013

judianne

I'm going to join. I need to make several things for Christmas and know that I'll need some encouragement. I want to make several 18" doll outfits for my daughter and I want to make the "Don't Thread on me" afghan, I got the pattern off Ravelry, this one will be for my son. I know I'll be adding more, but for the moment these 2 are the most important ones.

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, ladies - on another CAL I belong to I posted pics of 2 gifts I made ....here they are for those who haven't seen them.

post-8552-0-48874200-1366757122_thumb.jpg

post-8552-0-90931100-1366757147_thumb.jpg

I've gotten 3 18" doll dresses completed.  I didn't want to take any chances on trying the outfits on the doll.  Cause the doll is also a Christmas surprise. 

This one is called CottonCandy.  I used Pretty n' Pink for the dress.  And added a extra bow.

post-17808-0-30276800-1367409343_thumb.jpg

This one is called Green Christmas.  I used Paddy green and trimed it with red sparkly yarn.

The second one, the picture does not do it justice, it is the red sparkly yarn and paddy green trim.

post-17808-0-09839200-1367409485_thumb.jpgpost-17808-0-39788300-1367409558_thumb.jpg

My pictures did not turn out just right.  I think my kids has changed a setting on my camera, I'll have to check.  And hopefully get better pictures later.

Great dresses!!! 

I use my Springfield Doll that I got with a 50% coupon from AC Moore as my dress model.  I find its close enough for those that have the AG dolls and for those with the Springfield it is even a better model.

I've gotten 3 18" doll dresses completed.  I didn't want to take any chances on trying the outfits on the doll.  Cause the doll is also a Christmas surprise. 

This one is called CottonCandy.  I used Pretty n' Pink for the dress.  And added a extra bow.

attachicon.gif100_2903.jpg

This one is called Green Christmas.  I used Paddy green and trimed it with red sparkly yarn.

The second one, the picture does not do it justice, it is the red sparkly yarn and paddy green trim.

attachicon.gif100_2908.jpgattachicon.gif100_2909.jpg

My pictures did not turn out just right.  I think my kids has changed a setting on my camera, I'll have to check.  And hopefully get better pictures later.

Very cute! Some little girl is going to be very happy!

attachicon.gif100_2903.jpg

attachicon.gif100_2908.jpgattachicon.gif100_2909.jpg

Great work, Lynn!! Really cute dresses!

Finally got a thread 18" doll dress completed for a May birthday box that I need to get mailed soon.  I'm still working on the Jungle mat projects.  I will be posting pictures of my progress with that soon.  That has been so much fun.

American Girl Doll Thread Hippy Dress

Love the hippie theme!

A while back someone started a thread about a free Jungle pattern set from Joann's.  Someone found the link and posted it and it got me started on my June birthday project.  I'm starting to post the items I've finished on my blog.  First up:

Jungle Play Mat

A while back someone started a thread about a free Jungle pattern set from Joann's.  Someone found the link and posted it and it got me started on my June birthday project.  I'm starting to post the items I've finished on my blog.  First up:

Jungle Play Mat

that's a cute idea!!

Today I posted the rowboat that is part of the jungle playmat pattern.  I thought this was such a creative idea for a toy set.  I haven't been this excited about a gift in a long time.  I just wish the child lived locally.  I would love to see how this gets played with, interacts with other toys, etc.

Rowboat

Today we have the second animal posted for the jungle.

Rhinoceros

I'm so excited I got a new zoo book in the mail that has babboons and chimps in it.  It also has zoo keepers which I am going to make into rangers for my jungle project.

Today I bring you the Jeep or as it has been nicknamed Beep Beep Jeep.  This was one of the more challenging pieces as it had several pieces to construct and sew together.  Not one of my strengths.  I'm trying to see if I can get a Baboon from the new book together.  The directions are a bit tricky.

Beep Beep Jeep

I have lots more to post, but I think I am starting to lose steam.  I've started the baboon, but haven't had the chance to get much done on him.

Today we have the monkey.  He was a cute freebie I picked up.

Monkey

Soooo cute, Bailey! I know all about losing steam. I recently made this angel bookmark as a thank you.....I also needed a break from my bear graph ghan!

It's a free pattern from Marlo's Crochet Corner

post-8552-0-60545800-1368713721_thumb.jpg

Archived