Getting Started on Gifts for 2013

judianne

Great job on the wedding dress, Bailey!:clap I know what you mean about being gung-ho one minute and ready to do something else the next!:lol

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Beautiful scarves Tam! Thanks!!!

I have my first doll Christmas donation dress finished and posted on my blog. I go through periods where I feel like making doll clothes and then I can't look at another pattern for months. So, I use the time to get as many put away as possible. That dress is adorable! you did a great job!!!

American Girl Wedding Dress

:heart

:mug

This has to be one of my favorites so far. The pattern was gifted to me during one of the wish lists here.

American Girl Doll Superhero

Another winner!! And I can see how it could be adaptable to other themes...

I forgot: do you send these outfits to kids who have the doll or are they all for one girl, with doll and all the outfits incuded?

Another winner!! And I can see how it could be adaptable to other themes...

I forgot: do you send these outfits to kids who have the doll or are they all for one girl, with doll and all the outfits incuded?

I send them to a local toy donation program with Springfield dolls. Last year I did two dolls with a bag of clothes and let them determine how to divide the stuff. I let them know they are free to break up the donation as needed. So, if they get a doll without clothes they are free to share.

:oops I forgot about this thread :oops

Oh well, I don't know what I'm doing anyways :shrug:lol

I finished my texting gloves and am now making a pair for our neighbor, but it's slow going right now because I've been busy and haven't really had the time to give them attention :(

Hi, Marisa!

Welcome back;)

I finally pulled out the thread for the bookmarks I want to make....made the chain and the first treble before starting a purple beanie for my neighbor's little baby. This is the NICU nurse's baby - I had the saltine blanket and 3 hats for her so took the time to get a measurement for the baby's head size;) The color is dark orchid, RHSS

.:: Morning All.........................

just poppin' in to say HI

Its been a rough week... so I havent been on here

Ken (hubby) is still getting over shingles... and the flu

David and Michael(youngest two) are dealing with sinus colds

Patrick(16yr old) is in a neck brace due to a wrestling injury

My beautiful Aunt who taught me to crochet and knit when I was 7 .... passed away Tuesday night

and some dear friends of ours ... two of their older boys were in a 3 car accident last night. They are alive but beat up pretty bad.

So my head hasnt been real clear lately.

But.... we'll all get through it!!

I havent been working much on any crocheting or knitting this week.... a few stitches here and there... but not enough to finish anything.

I will be working on several comfor'ghans for a while......

Hopefully I can squeeze in a Christmas gift here and there to mark off my list!

have a great day everyone!!! :hug

.:: Morning All.........................

just poppin' in to say HI

Its been a rough week... so I havent been on here

Ken (hubby) is still getting over shingles... and the flu

David and Michael(youngest two) are dealing with sinus colds

Patrick(16yr old) is in a neck brace due to a wrestling injury

My beautiful Aunt who taught me to crochet and knit when I was 7 .... passed away Tuesday night

and some dear friends of ours ... two of their older boys were in a 3 car accident last night. They are alive but beat up pretty bad.

So my head hasnt been real clear lately.

But.... we'll all get through it!!

I havent been working much on any crocheting or knitting this week.... a few stitches here and there... but not enough to finish anything.

I will be working on several comfor'ghans for a while......

Hopefully I can squeeze in a Christmas gift here and there to mark off my list!

have a great day everyone!!! :hug

You've got lots on your plate and I wish you strength, courage, and energy to handle it all.

I'm so sorry for the loss of your Aunt. My Aunt taught me to crochet and the little I've mastered of knitting and it was devastating when I lost her last fall.

You are right, you will get through it all. :hug:hug

Bailey, I really love that bath set!!!!!

Tam, there's a saying I like: What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. You are already a strong woman, so you'll get past this. My good thoughts and prayers for Ken in particular. I had a mild case of shingles last year and I wouldn't want to go through that again - and the flu! Ugh.

You've got lots on your plate and I wish you strength, courage, and energy to handle it all. Thank you :hug

I'm so sorry for the loss of your Aunt. My Aunt taught me to crochet and the little I've mastered of knitting and it was devastating when I lost her last fall. Oh... I'm so sorry sweetie! I think we all have that one Aunt that just has that special spot in our hearts. I sure do miss her!

You are right, you will get through it all. :hug:hug

Bailey, I really love that bath set!!!!!

Tam, there's a saying I like: What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.LOL... Omy... I should be superwoman by now....LOL You are already a strong woman, so you'll get past this. My good thoughts and prayers for Ken in particular. Thanks dear... :hug I had a mild case of shingles last year and I wouldn't want to go through that again I'm so sorry you did! it stinks!!! - and the flu! Ugh.

.:: Morning Kids.....................

Thank you all for your love...hugs and prayers! They are very much appreciated and very much needed!

Hubby's tests came back showing signs of relapse. So Monday he gets admitted to the hospital and starts chemo again.

This is going to be a short post....as I have tons to do before we leave tonight for Joplin for my Aunts service.... but wanted to stop in and say :hi HI

Catch up more later!

hugs to you all

She is so beautiful!!!!

Thank you so much! She is one of those projects that you really put your heart into and that is so hard to part with. I guess I will be making another for me someday.

Archived