My first project!

AmethystOT

So, my original first project, a scarf, proved to be a little above my current beginner status (for the life I me I couldn't manage to count the chains correctly to make the foundation row!:think) so I started a project that seems easier to manage.... a different scarf!

I obviously need to work on my tension (hence the indent in the middle) but I'm pretty proud of myself for finishing the first section over the course of 3 nights. Now to tackle the next 10-13 sections!!! :D

post-64889-13589779037_thumb.jpg

Thank you everyone! It's nice to hear from people who know what they are looking at (my husband just looks at me like I'm nuts!!).

The yarn is Lily Sugar'n Cream in grape - I made the rookie mistake of buying yarn before I had any idea what I was doing, so I am hoping the one skein I have will be enough to finish the scarf!!

You're doing a great job! It's normal for the stitches in the middle to be bunched up. Just dampen it when it's finished and block it with rust-free pins and it will look beautiful. It's so good to see the excitement of a beginner.

Archived