Breaking Amish

TeriMcc

I found a video and that is beautiful, we went there in 1986 and saw some of the homes that were open for tourists with tours of how they lived. It was very interesting . They had some beautiful quilts for sale.

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone find the pattern for the afghan in episode 1 of breaking Amish, the afghan was on the back of the couch. I can find the granny square ripple stitch pattern but not that exact one. I would appreciate any help in locating that exact pattern.:pinterest:clap

I searched Google Images, and found one very close. Unfortunately, the URL won't copy. It had directed me to a page for "Project Linus", giving a "Granny Ripple" pattern. The picture of the afghan is in black and white, so imagination is needed. Try typing "Granny Ripple" into the Google Images search bar, and you should find the pattern.

• 8 months later...

Has anyone found the afghan pattern that the mom is working on while visiting her son in Florida. Also saw it on the couch seat at her home. It has a huge Lacey edge and it is not straight across but the stitches seem to go ahead into a newer row for later adding. I tried everywhere snd all the books I had and all the web sites I saw. It is more than a scalloped edge sort of star flake edged or flowery edge that is a large stitch repeat of st least 2-3 inches. Please helpe

I poked thru the TLC Breaking Amish site looking for a pic of Mary and her afghan but I couldn't find one. I have the shows on DVR, so I replayed those sections... I'm thinking it may be bernat's Mountain Mist afghan? You can see a pic of it here.

I noticed it the other night when I watched this episode the first time, because I've had that afghan on my "to do" list for a while. After seeing it again, I think this may be it. I don't have any of the older episodes showing her finished afghans, just these recent ones where she is working on this pink, red and white one.

Stageman, I think it might be Mountain Mist... http://www.allfreecrochet.com/Ripple-Afghans/Mountain-Mist-Afghan-from-Bernat

I can only see a small section of what she is working on in her lap, I don't have any pics of the finished afghans in her PA home.

Edit 11:30pm... okay, tonite I just found this video of Mary working on her afghan.. it's shown really nicely at the 20 second mark.. Now I'm not so sure it is mountain mist... I'll keep looking!

video link to huffington post for Mary's afghan....  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/01/breaking-amish-moving-back-video_n_3527709.html

I'm looking for the pattern as well I'm making the mountain mist afghan right now and it doesn't look quite like the pattern Mary is crocheting. I have been searching all night and can't find the pattern, I'll keep looking.

There is an interesting thread on Ravelry about this, lots of us are looking for this pattern.

Someone has posted a pinterest link with pic and graph, check out post #27.

• 4 weeks later...

if anyone is interested in the pattern for the blue ghan shown on the show it is the "lacy chevron "pattern it is available on the leisure arts site for download via ebook for 4.99 by it's self or in a book with other patterns for 9.95 called afghan parade just in case you might have old book sitting around ..another alternative which doesn't have the quite the high valleys and peaks but it is free pattern called "mountain mist" ..apparently their has been such a rukus over the t.v afghan leisure arts dug up the old pattern and is now offering it again  as solo pattern or in a book as told to me by a leisure arts employee on site.  The pattern on the leisure arts site is considered "easy" pattern

• 5 months later...

I found the leaflet with the lacy chevron afghan pattern from Leisure Arts on ebay.  I have recieved the leaflet but now that I am making the pattern I cannot see the pattern that is shown in the picture or the picture of the afghan from the breaking amish show.I am on the third row and cannot distinguish the pattern sequence as it was shown in the show and in the picture on the leaflet.  Has anyone made this one and  could help me with the directions perhaps I am not following it right?

Thanks

Archived