Placemats

CrochetAmore

Space is limited in my apartment. I don't have a proper dining room, just a small area in the living room so I have a small folding table that I use as a dining table. I wanted a set of two placemats to help dress it up a little and this pattern by Priscilla Hewitt was my first attempt. (see first pic) It's a great pattern and I love the placemats, but they turned out bigger than I liked for my small table even with using a much smaller hook than called for.

Then I saw this post from Afghaniac. I love that they fit the floral theme in my apartment and they are the perfect size for my tiny table. I love them so much I made 2 sets! :lol (see 2nd and 3rd pics) The pattern is from the book White Crochet. I used a G hook and Lion Cotton in Olive and Orchid.

post-19997-135897768901_thumb.jpg

post-19997-135897768905_thumb.jpg

post-19997-135897768908_thumb.jpg

I'm so glad you're enjoying the pattern, too. Yours tuned out very pretty. I also first made eight of Priscilla's placemats, only to find they wouldn't fit around my oval dining table. So the BHG pattern really filled the bill for me as well.

Archived