Daisy coasters

Afghaniac

I love the pattern for these cute little coasters, http://whiskersandwool.blogspot.com/2012/04/daisy-coasters-free-pattern_21.html

So I binged out on the pattern and made two sets of eight from some cotton yarn I had on hand. A club I belong to is having a charity fund raiser, and I thought about donating these, but don't know (a) whether they'd sell and if so (b) what starting price to place on them for the silent auction. Any ideas?

post-1473-135897766426_thumb.jpg

post-1473-135897766429_thumb.jpg

These are adorable! I especially like the set with the yellow centers. I have no idea how a silent auction works, I guess. I thought that you would just set the coasters out, and people would write down how much they are willing to pay... I didn't know you had to have a starting price!

I bet they would sell in a hurry! I love that idea. I made billions of heart coasters this year or maybe it was last year now, so I need a new coaster idea. Thanks! I just downloaded!

I bet they would sell in a hurry! I love that idea. I made billions of heart coasters this year or maybe it was last year now, so I need a new coaster idea. Thanks! I just downloaded!

I've been playing around with trying to make some sunflower coasters. Made one using the crocodile stitch, but didn't like my result so far. Actually, it could be that this daisy coaster pattern, modified at the petal tips, could become a sunflower. Will try that next. Also working on an apple from another Internet pattern.

Have fun!

The silent auctions I have gone to had the items set out with a container by them. People purchased tickets and then used one end of the tickets to put them in the containers of the items they wanted. At the end of the auction, a ticket would be drawn and whoever had that matching ticket number won the item. So I do not know what kind of a silent auction requires a starting bid.

As for a price, I have sold coasters in sets of 4, for 2 dollars for plain ones, up to 5 dollars for fancier ones. It really depends of the cost of the yarn used and how much time you put into it.

The silent auctions I have gone to had the items set out with a container by them. People purchased tickets and then used one end of the tickets to put them in the containers of the items they wanted. At the end of the auction, a ticket would be drawn and whoever had that matching ticket number won the item. So I do not know what kind of a silent auction requires a starting bid.

As for a price, I have sold coasters in sets of 4, for 2 dollars for plain ones, up to 5 dollars for fancier ones. It really depends of the cost of the yarn used and how much time you put into it.

The way this club has done it is to have a sheet next to each item, where there's a starting price (an estimated value), and people write their names along with their bids. At the end, high-bid winners are announced. Personally, I prefer donating my efforts to afghans for Project Linus, because the dollar amount I,d sell for never comes close to the material and labor. Plus, you can never predict what people will buy. They'll Gush over something you,ve made, but when they can buy the item, don't want to open their pocketbooks! But because the club picked my favorite charity, Doctors without Borders, I'm going along with it.

I love the pattern for these cute little coasters, http://whiskersandwool.blogspot.com/2012/04/daisy-coasters-free-pattern_21.html

So I binged out on the pattern and made two sets of eight from some cotton yarn I had on hand. A club I belong to is having a charity fund raiser, and I thought about donating these, but don't know (a) whether they'd sell and if so (b) what starting price to place on them for the silent auction. Any ideas?

Wow, we really think alike! I made a set of these with the yellow centers for myself a few weeks ago! I just love Doni's patterns. :)

As for the auction, if you are selling them in sets of 4 I would put at least $4 or $5 on them (and honestly, they are worth more!) as a starting bid and hope that people go up from there...

Archived