Yarn Companies-LISTEN UP!!!

Why oh why dont the yarn companies show a picture of the BACK of their wearable patterns??? So many times I look at a pattern on line for a shawl, or sweater, or vest, etc. and wonder what does the back look like??? Very frustrating!:angry

Not only that, have you noticed how often you cannot get a good, clear view of the entire piece? Necklines are half covered with hair, cuffs don't show well, and pictures are often cut off above the hemlines.

Also wish they would make their patterns more "print friendly", especially the PDF ones.

They take up so much paper and ink. Lion Brand seems to be the worse. I also hate those "headers" that take up so much colored ink, solid bands of red, blue, green, etc.

I resize some of these and just print "current view", in order not to waste my ink. Of course, it might have something to do with the fact, that I print out a "ton" of patterns.

More than I can finish in this lifetime, wonder if I can stash them somewhere to find for the "next round"??? LOL

When printing, you have the option of only printing specific pages, which is what I tend to do with the LB patterns because, like you said, they have an entire page with the logo and name which wastes so much paper and ink. I don't like to resize the text though, because its small enough as it is :lol

To save space, paper, and ink when I print(or save) a pattern what I do is to Highlight all of the pattern to "copy" and then "paste it" to a Word doc. and then save. THEN, I open the word doc, delete all of the unneeded verbage, logos,headers, color swatches, stitch abbreviations, or whatever. Then I have a completely "clean" copy to save to my computer.

Sally

That's what I do and it's perfectly ok to do that so long as it's for personal use. Don't forget to add the url/web address to the page or you may never find it again.

Another thing I do to conserve ink and paper (I have so many patterns printed off) is to print 2 pages to each sheet. It works out well if it's a shorter pattern - you can make the words big enough to see. If you really want to get organized you can print the picture on the opposite side of the paper if it doesn't fit.

I know, it's too bad...more publications should be like Knit 'N' Style...they show both the front and the back of the piece (they also throw in a Melissa Leapman crochet piece every month, too!).

I ran into the "hair" issue when I was making my cabled crochet jacket. I was really struggling with the neckline--the pattern just didn't make sense and the shawl collar was hidden by the model's hair! I finally just winged it and crocheted way more rows than I was supposed to, and it came out fine.

:c9

I know this is a little off subject BUT still would like yarn companies to hear.

Is it me or just maybe been unlucky?---:think

A few months ago I was making something with white RHSS. In midst of creating my project the yarn was damaged with RED (what looked like paint) I contacted them and they sent me a new skein.

Also in many brands I've noticed--- it's getting harder and harder to pull the yarn from a pull out skein....RH, Bernat etc. Seems more and more terrible knots WITHIN the skeins. I get frustrated and end up cutting and knotting :(................anyone else having these troubles????????????? :eek

Archived