Afghans...

Does anyone else have an issue completing them? I will start them and that's about as far as it gets. I'm working on one for my baby nephew but can't seem to find the motivation for it. It seems as if it's a long project I just can't seem to focus.

That happens to me too, but I usually do get back to it. Just make sure you keep a copy of the pattern & the hook size near it. It always seems like we will never forget what we were making, but we do. I've had to give up on several projects, over the years, because I forgot what I was making.

I seem to have more problems with projects that have to be sewn together. I have 2 beautiful cardigans that I made last year. All the pieces are made, but I've never gotten back to them...

That happens to me too, but I usually do get back to it. Just make sure you keep a copy of the pattern & the hook size near it.
Good thinking. What I try to do (but don't always) is to keep a project in a plastic zip bag along with the pattern and relevant hook or needle information. I will even tell myself which brand of implement I used because it can make a difference when coming back to it later. If I neglect this, it can sure cause me some grief. :eek

I currently have 9 afghans in progress. I try to rotate back and forth between them so I don't get bored. One of them, I just have to weave in ends on about half of the hexagons and then sew them together and it's done.

I'm glad to know im not alone. But then again I also still have a model to put tgether. Wand a puzzle. I think i am an endless procrastinator. Lol. I will definetly keep all the suggestions in mind. All seem very helpful. :)

another suggestion I have that has helped me in the same situation, is to take breaks from it, do some granny squares, a scarf, a hat, something that is done rather quickly, and then I feel more like picking up the big project again for a while.

Yep, I do this too (when I actually have time for crochet). My husband thinks I'm nuts... "Why are you starting something else when you have *item* on the go?" "Because I'm bored of it and fancy a change sweetheart". Only takes me making something different to go back to the big project. :D

Maybe a pattern of squares, like an heirloom sampler, would hold your interest better.

I had to look that up but wow I really like those! I'm going to go on the hunt for pattern books when I have money. :)

Archived