Doily Luminaries

Those are fabulous! I definitely need to look into making a few of those luminaries. They would make great Mothers' Day gifts (for my mom anyway).

I agree! My first thought was (total honesty here :lol) for me then for my mom and my sisters. I have a hard time working with thread so I think I'll see if I can't find some at a thrift/second hand store.

3 years ago I made crochet snowflakes about 3 inch in size, joined the points to make wraps, secured/ stretched them around cleaned pickle and olive jars in different sizes. I did not have to use any kind of glue. I then tied organza ribbons around the necks of the jars taking care to not let the ribbons above and by the jar openings. I also used the low-heat tea lights that sit in the plastic holders to be sure the glass would not overheat.

Last time my daughter visited, she confiscated all 9 of them. Maybe it is time to make a few more!

sweet!

Today on tipjunkie's tip-me-tuesday I saw a lantern using the edge of a paperdoily...they sponge or spray painted, using the doily as a stencil...looked neat. So now I'm thinking snowflakes on a jar (or smaller lacy motifs, depending on the jar size) but using that "frosted" look spray paint (or thin-thin coats of white)...so the snowflakes become a stencil. that might look cool, too! (so would glueing them on, of course...or doing what ReniC just described) :D

Archived