November Chariy CAL: 11/17 - 11/22

busy-bee-lmt

:bang:thair:yell:thair:bang

Now that that's out of my system. I discovered a mistake way, way back when I attached the second skein on yarn to the pink shawl and have had to make ANOTHER trip to the :frog:2frog frog pond. :2frog:frog Sigh! :sigh Oh well start in again. Hopefully I've got it right this time.

Hope you all are having better success than I am. :blush

Linda, I'm sorry you had to go back to the pond.

I was attempting a new hat pattern this time and after ripping out the the first 5 rounds 3 times I gave up and went with a different pattern. I've finished 1 hat yesterday and started a second.

Need to do some sewing today, working on Christmas outfits for the grandkids and hopefully a little crocheting this evening.

Have a great day everyone.

For your snacking pleasure today. Your choice of pumpkin pie with whipped cream or pecan pie. Calorie free of course. Served with orange spice tea or Dunkin Donuts coffee.

Hi, everyone! It's a chilly, cloudy day today here. A great day to stay inside and do some crocheting. Hopefully I've got the fix on the shawl and finally get it finished. This one is truly a labor of love.

Hope you all have a great weekend. :manyheart

I'll have the pumpkin pie with whipped cream and Dunkin' Doughnuts coffee. My left arm and hand are wrapped, but I tried putting a little piece of silky feeling cloth tape on my little finger and index finger. It worked. The yarn slides over the tape. I can crochet. Slower than normal, but crocheting. I finished a child's cap yesterday. It will be donated to my church's clothes closet. I have not decided whether to start a new chemo cap (slouchy beanie pattern designed by CrochetSpot/Rachel) or finish weaving in the ends on the other chemo caps I have done. Tomorrow I can unwrap my arm/hand. Crocheting will be much easier than. Have a good day everyone.

Good morning everyone. We've reached the halfway point. Today I made banana nut cake with cream cheese frosting as our snacking treat as we work on our projects. I've got the kettle on and an assortment of coffees, teas, and cocoas for you to choose from. :kettle So grab a mug and have a great Sunday. :mug

I'm making progress on the pink shawl and can't even find the starting row at this point. :lol

I've been making hats like crazy, now I just need to find a quick but warm scarf pattern!!!

Glad you are making progress on your pink shawl.

It's been warm here, supposed to turn cooler tomorrow :clap, yes I like the :wgrin {cold} weather :yes

So many snacks in here, glad you told us the calories don't count due to charity items :D

René

Good Morning Ladies the coffee is on:mug. I am off from work this week and was still awake very early. Need to do some cleaning :yuckand then I think I will work on some charity squares:crocheting:cheer.

Hi, Rene! Nope, calories never count when you are doing something for charity at the same time. I've got a whole book on when the calories don't count. It's great fun reading and lets us off the calorie hook for all sorts of good reasons.

Glad you got the coffee on today cshort. :mug I've got the water for tea going now too. :mug And I made up a whole bunch of different flavored donut holes to be today's treat.

Coffee! Visiting our son in Nebraska and only 19 degrees when we got up. Brrrr. Long trip yesterday with flight delays, husband losing cell phone (only to be found many hours later in checked suitcase), then 4 hr drive after getting off airplane. At least no snow to drive in which was nice. Tried to stay cool when we discovered the missing phone as DH was beside himself. He did not have a password on his phone and had downloaded a document to it just before leaving on this trip with very sensitive info (lots of passwords to every account we have). I was ready to behead him on the spot! Called out daughter and she called to have the phone inactivated but only protected contact list, not all other data programs on phone. Hard lesson learned! Phone reactivated, has password protection now, inconvenient but gives peace of mind. TECHNOLOGY! Love it or leave it? He has promised to remove info when he gets up this morning.

I did get one infant wrapper done while waiting for flight. Not sure if I will be able to do any more. The stress yesterday really wiped out my energy.

Good morning all. It's a beautiful fall day here with sunshine and warm temps. We still have some pie, cake, and donut holes for the last day of the group. Please post your totals in large, bright letters and I'll add them all up in a couple of days and post our totals for all to see. And pictures of your items are always welcome too. It's been great visiting with you this month and hope to see you all again next month. I'm off to get a mug of tea. :manyheart

'Morning....very bright and sunny here, now up to 23 degrees (DD texted that it is 36 and raining at home. Everyone off to school/work so just DH and me home. Going exploring in North Platte today and will help our DIL go three different directions this afternoon with grandchildren's games or sports practices. Up at 2am crocheting but I got 2 more preemie wrappers/snuggles done. Don't think I'll be able to complete anything more.

4 preemie hats

3 preemie wrappers/snuggles

'Morning....very bright and sunny here, now up to 23 degrees (DD texted that it is 36 and raining at home. Everyone off to school/work so just DH and me home. Going exploring in North Platte today and will help our DIL go three different directions this afternoon with grandchildren's games or sports practices. Up at 2am crocheting but I got 2 more preemie wrappers/snuggles done. Don't think I'll be able to complete anything more.

4 preemie hats

3 preemie wrappers/snuggles

Congratulations! You did very well. :clap :clap :clap

It's been hard to crochet with fingers, hand, and arm wrapped. But finished a child's cap from a pattern published in Oct. Crochet World. Also crochet 1 adult cap using Dot Matthews Ugly But Warm pattern. Have started a second one.

I am also using the Dot Matthew's pattern for the Ugly but Warm Hat, it is a great pattern.

7 Hats

tried several scarf patterns and frogged, settled on a neckwarmer to go with the hats for the homeless.

René

I finished:

6 cat toys

1 cat mat

I had a foster kitten get a little sick this weekend and then I got sick. So I didn't do much but the mat since I did the 6 toys last weekend when I had the dates wrong.

The chip in my camera has decided to stop working. It's kind of old, so I guess that's normal. Sorry no pictures.

Yay, gang! :clap :clap :clap We all did well! :clap :clap :clap

Totals for this month:

6 cat toys

1 cat mat

4 preemie hats

3 infant wrappers/snuggles

1 child's hat

1 adult hat

3 hats

9 squares

6 yo-yos

1/2 a prayer shawl

7 hats

(That's a total of 16 hats in assorted sizes.) :clap:clap :clap

If anyone still has numbers to add just jump on in with them and I'll update the list.

Pulling together my doll donation. Mom sent me a package of stuff along with my Aunt. I have stuff I have put away. The project is due a few days earlier than expected, but I think the girl that gets this doll is going to have one well dressed Springfield doll for Christmas. I have a couple of hats to make and one more dress that may make the cut. I am also going to try to throw in a couple of crocheted safety cones and barrels to go with toy cars that people donate.

I finally finished the crocheting on the pink prayer shawl this afternoon. :yay Yay!!! :yay Still have to hide the tails and wash it, but the hard part is done.

Yay, gang! :clap :clap :clap We all did well! :clap :clap :clap

Totals for this month:

6 cat toys

1 cat mat

4 preemie hats

3 infant wrappers/snuggles

1 child's hat

1 adult hat

3 hats

9 squares

6 yo-yos

1/2 a prayer shawl

7 hats

(That's a total of 16 hats in assorted sizes.) :clap:clap :clap

If anyone still has numbers to add just jump on in with them and I'll update the list.

:cheerGreat Job Everyone!:cheer

Archived