November Chariy CAL: 11/17 - 11/22

busy-bee-lmt

:hi Hi, everyone.

This CAL is open to anyone and everyone who wants to make some things for charity. The dates for this month are November 17 through November 22. Once a month on the third weekend of the month a group of us get together to make things for charity. Everyone is welcome. :welcome Even if you can only join us for part of one day you are still very welcome to join. Life gets in the way of our love of crochet and we all understand if you can't join us for all six days.

The items can be crocheted, knitted, woven, sewn, or whatever your special skills are. We start on Thursday (occasionally a few of us sneek a start in a day or two early) and ends on Tuesday (again, occasionally a day later if something is almost done.) We show pictures of what we are doing and gab on just about anything else as well as what we are making. At the end, everyone posts their totals in big colorful letters and I'll compile an overall list of our totals for the month. It's amazing how much we get accomplished.

With cold weather fast approaching it's time to think about hats and scarves for those in need, in addition to all the additional charities that we make things for. Churches are always a good place to donate hats and scarves and mittens if you don't already have a place chosen and/or are new to this.

Come join us for virtual coffee, tea, cocoa, and other goodies.

Your hostess for this month,

Linda T :manyheart

I'm in. I think I will be making my chemo caps. Having hard time to post this as left arm and hand wrapped for lymphadema therapy. Can't type using both hands. Hunt and peck with one hand is all I can do. That is slow for me. Can't type but still can crochet. So I'm in.

Welcome Kathy and cshort. Glad you can make it. I sympathize with your hunt and peck typing Kathy. Glad you can still crochet. I had a prayer shawl started but have decided that I need to use a bigger hook with it. I kept going for quite a while thinking it would get better as it got longer. Didn't, so it's the frog pond for me. :frog:2frog:frog

The last three months I have had crazy stuff come down on charity weekend. All I can do is laugh and hope that it doesn't happen this time!!

I crochet cat stuff (sleep mats and toys) for the shelter. I also sew blankets, beds and toys with fleece remnants.

I am always amazed to see the charity items that come from this CAL and the boxing day CAL. Makes me happy.

Planning on joining you. I will be traveling the 20th-25th but hope to be checking in. I'm taking chemo caps and socks with me to work on. My granddaughter will be having a birthday while we are with the family for Thanksgiving and I know she wants another lesson or two in crocheting. Will at least be checking in to see what and how everyone is doing.

Thanks so much for hosting, Linda. I'm going to try to work on things as time permits. I'm not holding my breath though! :lol

Glad to have you with us for whatever time you can squeeze in Nicole.

After taking my pink shawl to the frog pond, I've now crocheted back to where I was in the skein and am much, much happier with the results. It's so much softer now. Amazing what a size or two larger hook will do. :devil

Only two more days to go. Are your supplies ready? Have you picked your charity? Prayer shawls and preemie blankets are on my list of things to do. I've got the yarn and hooks ready.

Oh gosh, I got the dates mixed up again. I was so annoyed because I cut my finger on Friday and couldn't do much over the weekend. I showed up to report that I only did 6 cat toys and realized that we aren't there yet! Yippee!

This past Monday and Tuesday I had my arm and fingers wrapped for my lymphedema therapy. The cloth wrapping used on my fingers does not let the yarn slide smoothly. It makes crocheting impossible. This Friday my arm and fingers will be wrapped again and I will have to leave the wrapping on until Sunday. But I have thought of putting a couple small pieces of a slick cloth tape on my little finger and index finger. I think the yarn should flow easily over this tape. Hopefully I will be able to crochet. In case I can't, I have over 40 chemo caps done except for weaving/trimming the yarn end at the beginning of the cap and the yarn end at the end. So at least I can get that much done for the Charity CAL this weekend. I do have a child's cap about finished for my church's clothes closet. I should be able to finish it tomorrow. So I will have at least one cap done for the Charity CAL. Hopefully next month I won't be facing this problem. I am looking forward to hearing what everyone gets done.

Good morning friends. It's time to start. I've got virtual peppermint flavored cocoa simmering on the stove and cookies with dried cranberries, walnuts, and chocolate chips on a platter. Help yourself to the goodies as you craft away today. :kettle:cchip:cchip:cchip :mug I'll be starting with the pink prayer shawl that I frogged earlier in the week.

It's morning and I am ready to go for radiation. I have done a little crocheting:crocheting but took a step backwards. Frogged one row as I had missed a stitch on the previous row. Luckily it was right at the end of that row and I am almost back to where I was before frogging. Since we have some errands to run also I will be crocheting in the car and while waiting for my treatment. Linda, your cookies sound yummy. I think I will try 2.

It's morning and I am ready to go for radiation. I have done a little crocheting:crocheting but took a step backwards. Frogged one row as I had missed a stitch on the previous row. Luckily it was right at the end of that row and I am almost back to where I was before frogging. Since we have some errands to run also I will be crocheting in the car and while waiting for my treatment. Linda, your cookies sound yummy. I think I will try 2.

Good luck at your treatment. They are good, if I do say so myself. And even better, they are absolutely flavorful and calorie free. So help yourself. :D

Welcome PiscesCrocheter! Glad to have you join us.

I've got virtual cinnamon rolls, home-made and fresh from the oven for our treat for the day. Along with them we have peppermint tea and coffee simmering fresh and hot to help warm us up. All calorie free, unless you want to add some cream or butter to your choices.

I managed to almost double the length of the pink prayer shawl yesterday. With a little luck I can finish it today.

Morning everyone! Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I'll have a cinnamon roll please (to add to my rolls), but no butter, watching my life plan food changes.....and no cream in my coffee. Cool, wet, rainy with snow falling a little north of us. Also had an earthquake today on the other side of the mountains (eastern side of state). Didn't feel it here.

Knitting group at library needs baby items for NICU locally so shifting gears. Made FOUR premie hats last night and trying to work on a gown or two before I leave town tomorrow.

Hmmmm, cinnamon roll is delicious and hits the spot right on! How much knitting/crocheting does it take to work off the calories consumed?

Archived