Need Help Understanding Pattern

5grands

Hello All:

I am in the process of making a beautiful doll dress and I am having difficulties understanding rnds 8-27. I worked rows 1-7 with no problem. However, when I got to row 8 I started working in rnds. My understanding is that when you start working in rnds rather you work in one continious rnd or you work the complete rnd and join with a sl st and turn you are usually always told to join. I understand well how to join a rnd. The problem is that once I get to the end of rnd 8 the pattern says:

Ch 7, sc picot in last ch sp, ch 4, tr at base of first ch 7 of rnd (ch 4 and tr count as a ch 7), turn

The problem is this pattern never says join and I think this is what is confusing me. The norm is when you crochet in rnds you join with a sl st. The word I am stressing over is join, furthermore, it is hard for me to tell if the dress is joned in the front or not. Has anyone every encounter anything like this before. Please help.

Joyce

Hello All: Ch 7, sc picot in last ch sp, ch 4, tr at base of first ch 7 of rnd (ch 4 and tr count as a ch 7), turn>>>>The problem is this pattern never says join. >>>>>>>, it is hard for me to tell if the dress is joned in the front or not Please help.Joyce

Please say what doll you are making and where the patten is.

"tr at base of first ch 7 of rnd"

Your join is the tr at the base of the first ch 7 that started the round. At least that is what it tells me..hopefully there WAS a ch 7 at the beginning!

Welcome to the 'ville!

Hello All:

I am in the process of making a beautiful doll dress and I am having difficulties understanding rnds 8-27. I worked rows 1-7 with no problem. However, when I got to row 8 I started working in rnds. My understanding is that when you start working in rnds rather you work in one continious rnd or you work the complete rnd and join with a sl st and turn you are usually always told to join. I understand well how to join a rnd. The problem is that once I get to the end of rnd 8 the pattern says:

Ch 7, sc picot in last ch sp, ch 4, tr at base of first ch 7 of rnd (ch 4 and tr count as a ch 7), turn

The problem is this pattern never says join and I think this is what is confusing me. The norm is when you crochet in rnds you join with a sl st. The word I am stressing over is join, furthermore, it is hard for me to tell if the dress is joned in the front or not. Has anyone every encounter anything like this before. Please help.

Joyce

Hi and welcome to the ville:hook. It looks to me that when you do the tr at the base of the first ch 7 of the round, that is the joining. That kind of joining puts you at the top of an "arch" in the stitch pattern.

Usually when you have a question about a pattern or stitch, the best place to post is the Crochet Help sections, for maximum exposure:)

"tr at base of first ch 7 of rnd"

Your join is the tr at the base of the first ch 7 that started the round. At least that is what it tells me..hopefully there WAS a ch 7 at the beginning!

Welcome to the 'ville!

Didn't see your post before i started typing, this is what i think too:hook

Archived