Christmas balls (image intense)

chrissyf

Last year when christmas stuff went on sale i bought a huge box of shatterproof ornaments to cover...i can't find satin balls anywhere around me so i improvise. My plan is to give them to my family for christmas this year. The patterns are mostly from a ASN book Thread crochet Christmas tree balls. The patterns call for embellishments but i am not sure if i will i kind of like them as is.

post-9809-13589770648_thumb.jpg

post-9809-135897706483_thumb.jpg

post-9809-135897706486_thumb.jpg

post-9809-135897706489_thumb.jpg

Very, very pretty! My grandma made each of us one of these, (gold ornament covered with beautiful white thread crochet) one Christmas probably 30-35 years ago. I still have mine! You can see some of the shiny gold is wearing off the ornament if you look real close, but otherwise it still looks nice on the tree. :) My tree used to be all ornaments my Grandma made. Then little by little we added but still had handmade ornaments. Then I finally gave in and went the way of commercially prepared ornaments. I'd love to get back to an all hand-made ornament tree! They have so much more character -- especially if a product of years of collecting from family!

Very, very pretty! My grandma made each of us one of these, (gold ornament covered with beautiful white thread crochet) one Christmas probably 30-35 years ago. I still have mine! You can see some of the shiny gold is wearing off the ornament if you look real close, but otherwise it still looks nice on the tree. :) My tree used to be all ornaments my Grandma made. Then little by little we added but still had handmade ornaments. Then I finally gave in and went the way of commercially prepared ornaments. I'd love to get back to an all hand-made ornament tree! They have so much more character -- especially if a product of years of collecting from family!

growing up my mom made many ornaments mostly plastic canvas...she hates balls on the tree...wee only had special one...Pope John Paul II, ET, Boston Bruins and Diana, Charles and William...My Father and Stepmother follow that same idea with one exception the thread covered balls made by her mother. So i figured why not start doing the same an make something to be held on to and passed down. My family loves everything i make so i know it is well loved

Archived