Anyone Else Not Getting Their Magazine???

JustAddGlitter

FYI: This is a rant! Grrr... :lol

Long story short: one of the crochet mags I subscribe to is ALWAYS late getting to me. For a while it got less late and I let it slide but with the most recent issue it is currently THREE weeks late going by the date it's released on newsstands.

I wrote to customer service and copied the mag's editors on my e-mail (since they're actually 2 different companies) and basically said that it was way too late getting to me and I'm not happy.

The editors e-mailed me right away to apologize so I thought that was great. The customer service rep (who works for the company that actually ships the mag) e-mailed me and basically told me that it was no big deal, that stores always get the magazine BEFORE subscribers and that I was saving money by subscribing so whatever (I'm paraphrasing of course, lol)

I immediately wrote him back and said that I get EVERY other mag I'm subscribed to before it hits stores. And I also asked him how I could be "saving money" when I've paid in advance for something I haven't gotten. I told him it would be one thing if I got it the same week as the stores but my mag isn't even coming CLOSE and getting it almost a month later is crazy.

I got a response for a 2nd rep BLAMING THE POST OFFICE. I immediately wrote back and said that I seriously doubted it was the fault of my post office. (What do they think, that there's some underground hookers at the PO who steal crochet mags?!) I also added that it's now been 3 weeks since the issue was released and I still don't have it. The last thing I said was that if the next issue is this late, I'm cancelling.

Can you believe this nonsense? If I can't get the mag before everyone else (like every other magazine I'm subscribed to) then I expect it at least when it gets to stores if not shortly after. But this is ridiculous. This magazine seriously needs to fire this company and go with another carrier.

Pfffttt...Saving money my backside! If I have to, I'll cancel my sub and use a coupon at HL or AC Moore and get it there. I'm so steamed but this at this point, I can only laugh. lol

Anyhoo, thanks for letting me blow off some steam! :hug

I subscribed to Interweave Crochet but i cancelled for this same reason. I got very tired of seeing it in stores and waiting for my copy. I would be wanting a magazine so i would end up buying another magazine instead just to have something to look at! Now i just buy IC when i see it in a store and usually dont buy any other crochet magzines so i think i am actually saving money by not subscribing!

Can you get a virtual subscription instead of print? I found I prefer them for many reasons.

I haven't gone digital, I just prefer flipping pages and making stacks around the house. LOL

I subscribed to Interweave Crochet but i cancelled for this same reason. I got very tired of seeing it in stores and waiting for my copy. I would be wanting a magazine so i would end up buying another magazine instead just to have something to look at! Now i just buy IC when i see it in a store and usually dont buy any other crochet magzines so i think i am actually saving money by not subscribing!

That may be what I end up doing. This has just gotten nuts and if I can get them 40-50% off with a coupon in stores I may just start doing that.

Thanks for the responses y'all! :hook

I have noticed this as well. Oddly enough the post office never loses DH sports magazines and the postman is an avid sports fan. So I don't think the crochet gremlins are hoarding my magazines until they finish the latest patterns at the headquarters.:hook

I acutally do have a dual subscription to one of the magazines that offers it because it is easier to download the patterns I want to have copies of to work from later. However, I don't find reading the e-magazine to be easy or enjoyable. I also like the fact that I can share, sell, or donate my magazines if I choose in the future. The digital option leaves me with $0 value after purchase.

on a sort of related note, i just got my first issue of crochet world and it happens to be the same copy I purchased where I got the flier to get my subscription. Gave the extra copy to a friend but its a bit frustrating. not as much as getting something 3 weeks late.

on a sort of related note, i just got my first issue of crochet world and it happens to be the same copy I purchased where I got the flier to get my subscription. Gave the extra copy to a friend but its a bit frustrating. not as much as getting something 3 weeks late.

No, you're right, that would be frustrating to me too! That has happened to me as well, luckily I've been doing so many swaps I've been able to give them away! :lol

I believe if you let them know they'll extend your subscription one issue.

Archived