Rememberance blankets

sem464

Well, thanks to Ro I have been inspired to start back up on my charity work. I guess I had forgotten how much I enjoyed it. Here are 4 blankets I have made. They aren't as whompy as they look - edges are a little ruffled, which doesn't allow them to lay right. These are all between 9" & 11". I will give these to my friend Sally tomorrow night. She is the one that distributes them to the hospital.

Sorry having trouble with the size of pic again, even after resizing. Please view at link below:

http://photobucket.com/albums/y53/chris463/?action=view&current=rememberanceblankets.jpg

What's a Rememberance Blanket? Sorry to be so dumb......

Those look precious, not whompy at all!

Ok, from what I understand a Rememberance Blanket is a tiny blanket given to the parents of a baby or fetus that did not survive. Something they can hold on to, a keepsake of the baby that didn't make it. Not sure I am wording this very well. Sorry.

'The one that I make for the hospital here only wants tight weave, So that little fingers don't get caught"

This was my theory also, but for the most part the spaces are not big at all, except on the pink butterfly one (and they are only here & there).

Good job. The one that I make for the hospital here only wants tight weave, So that little fingers don't get caught..

If they are remembrance blankets they will go to the parents though, right? In memory of the little one that they lost.

Archived