September Charity CAL - 9/22 thru 9/27

busy-bee-lmt

Finalized plans with my Aunt today. We have a family doll and a charity 18" doll project we are going to be working on together in addition to my other family doll projects. I am really excited. We have a couple options for a Christmas donation, there are several groups in the area that collect toy donations. The fun part is going to be making the clothes together. We are going to try to schedule some mutual work times to make some clothes for the two dolls. One is going to a family friend who is having some challenges, the other will go to a charity to be determined.

She is going to do some knitting and sewing. My Mom has promised to send some knitted items. I am going to crochet some stuff. There will be two girls with well dressed dolls this Christmas.

Hi, I'm usually the first one to jump in here, but I had another surgery on my ankle on the 22nd, so today is the first time I have been at the computer! You all seem to be getting some work done! Yeah! Love the dino pics! I made a beanie hat today because it's a good small project you can do with your foot up, so maybe that one will have to get donated!! Keep it up!

Denise

Finalized plans with my Aunt today. We have a family doll and a charity 18" doll project we are going to be working on together in addition to my other family doll projects. I am really excited. We have a couple options for a Christmas donation, there are several groups in the area that collect toy donations. The fun part is going to be making the clothes together. We are going to try to schedule some mutual work times to make some clothes for the two dolls. One is going to a family friend who is having some challenges, the other will go to a charity to be determined.

She is going to do some knitting and sewing. My Mom has promised to send some knitted items. I am going to crochet some stuff. There will be two girls with well dressed dolls this Christmas.

What great projects for two lucky little girls!

Hi, I'm usually the first one to jump in here, but I had another surgery on my ankle on the 22nd, so today is the first time I have been at the computer! You all seem to be getting some work done! Yeah! Love the dino pics! I made a beanie hat today because it's a good small project you can do with your foot up, so maybe that one will have to get donated!! Keep it up!

Denise

Hi, Denise. Hope the surgery isn't going to keep you laid up for too long. :hug

Hi Ladies!

Bailey ~ Oh, your family doll project sounds wonderful! My aunt used to knit and crochet doll clothes for my sisters and I. :manyheart She also taught me to crochet when I was 7 or 8. :)

Denise ~ Ankle surgery does not sound like fun. :hug I hope it heals quickly and you feel better soon.

Hi Linda!

Not much crochet time for me this weekend, but I did finish one scarf and hope to finish another one today or tomorrow. :)

I'm a couple of days late in joining, but am doing squares (not granny squares) to be sent to a person who will then turn them into afghans for charity

Also did some rectangles for HAP and think the last one was on the starting day so I can count it in.

I'm a couple of days late in joining, but am doing squares (not granny squares) to be sent to a person who will then turn them into afghans for charity

Also did some rectangles for HAP and think the last one was on the starting day so I can count it in.

Welcome to the group!

Didn't get any crocheting done yesterday. John came home early so had to hurry-scurry to get everything done that needed done before he got back. Was so short on sleep that I read and napped for several hours, then went and picked up my new glasses. Took a bit of getting used to, but they are great! Don't have to tilt my head to see through the sweet part of the lens now. And having prescription sunglasses is sooooo nice. Haven't had those in years.

I'm hoping to get all three Uglee Dolls finished by Tuesday night. Have a great day everyone. :manyheart

Time is passing and the days have gone by fast. Remember to post your totals in nice big letter and colors so I can find your results.

All three Uglee Dolls now have faces, so the stuffing now begins. With a little luck they will all be finished up by tonight.

Yay, group!! :cheer:cheer:cheer

Anyone who hasn't posted yet I'll add your totals as they come in. We did a lot!

Afghan completed for library fundraiser

4 Chocheted dinos

8 squares

1 HAP rectangle

1 scarf and most of another one

1 Beanie hat

3 Uglee Doll bodies/faces

Archived