September Charity CAL - 9/22 thru 9/27

busy-bee-lmt

WOW! Where has this month gone? I'll give Nicole a break and host this month.

This CAL is open to any and all crafters whether you crochet, knit, sew, or whatever. We gather for 6 days to make items for the charity of your choice making items for others. We chat about what we're doing and whatever else happens to come up during that time. Pictures of what we do are always appreciated, too. At the end of the time we post our accomplishments in big, bold colorful letters. A couple of days later I'll post a summary of what we've accomplished for others so we can see what even a few of us, each in our own little corner of the world, can do. We DO make a difference.

Some ideas of things that have been done include preemie afghans and hats for NICU units, cat mats for shelters, scarves and hats for the homeless and/or for college students with no families of their own, helmet liners for the troops overseas, prayer shawls, HAAP squares, items for victims of natural disasters. The possibilities are as varied as those of us who make them. Anything is appreciated.

So grab a cup of tea, coffee, or cocoa and join us in a worthwhile project or two. Looking forward to seeing all of you. And if you want to start early that's okay, too.

I've got a number of things in progress at the moment. I've got a prayer shawl that needs it's sides done, I'm making Uglee Dolls for a church bazaar that's coming up, and preemie afghans and hats. I'm not sure which projects will get the nod, but at least one of them will make the list.

My dinos are due this week. I finised two and am working on a third I started yesterday. I hope to have four completed in total before I drop them off.

Welcome, Bailey!

Hi! I love making scarves for charity and would love to join you! I am starting another one this evening using RH Soft in Seafoam. Looking forward to seeing what everyone is working on!

Linda, thank you for hosting this month. :manyheart

Thanks for hosting, Linda! I have been completely consumed by other things and flat out forgot. My bathroom remodel starts tomorrow. Lord knows what my house is going to look like the next week or so.

I'm likely not going to be able to do much of anything this month, but I'll check on ya from time to time. :D

Hi, Mary and Nicole.

Your scarves are always lovely, Mary.

And Nicole, we all have times when life gets in the way. We'll be glad to hear from you when you get a minute to check in.

Bailey ~ I'd love to see a picture of your dinos when they're done.

I have all my pictures posted on my blog.

Dino 1

Dino 2

I haven't had the chance to take a picture of the third one as I just completed him last night. I almost finished the head of the third one before bed last night. I hope to have him finished today. I need to drop them off tomorrow.

I have all my pictures posted on my blog.

Dino 1

Dino 2

I haven't had the chance to take a picture of the third one as I just completed him last night. I almost finished the head of the third one before bed last night. I hope to have him finished today. I need to drop them off tomorrow.

They are adorable, Bailey!

Thanks for your support everyone.:hug

I finished the T-Rex, the fourth dino and have a Pteradon on the hook. I will be posting pictures of the finished ones this week. If I finish him tonight he goes. If not he will make a nice Christmas gift or perhaps join a Christmas donation. Either way he won't go to waste.:lol

Yay, Mary and Bailey. You are both doing great! I started an Uglee Doll yesterday and am almost done crocheting the piece that will form the body. Then it's just making and attaching all the bits and pieces.:D

I dropped four off at the Church today. Glad I did as their donations looked thin. They have another round for Christmas so we will see if I get something done for that. I suspect the unfinished one is going to be for a December birthday. I have several dino requests going.

Yay, Mary and Bailey. You are both doing great! I started an Uglee Doll yesterday and am almost done crocheting the piece that will form the body. Then it's just making and attaching all the bits and pieces.:D

I have heard of the Ugly Dolls but I have never seen one. I can't wait until you post a picture.

Bailey ~ Oh, I love Dino #3! I think he (or she? ;)) is my favorite so far. :clap

It's time for me to get some crocheting done. :hook

The first one I made was a girl as it went by the name of Plessy. It was supposed to go to a nephew, but I sent it home with my Aunt for her grandson.

I dared not venture into getting personal with these guys as I wanted to be detached so it would be easier to give them to strangers.:lol:lol I don't want to be worried about their new homes. I left them in a pile with the other donations and I won't lie it was hard not to want to find them good homes.:lol:D

Good Morning!

Linda ~ Can't wait to see more Uglee dolls! Oh! Will you have pics of the preemie things, too?

Bailey ~ I can see why you don't want to get too attached to the Dinos...they are absolutely adorable and it would be hard to part with them. :yes I love #4! :cheer

I'm nearly finished with one scarf and only need two (3?) vertical rows on another.

Good morning. Day two and on a roll. I'm trying something different with the Uglee Dolls this time. I'm making several bodies, then I'll make the face parts and attach them to all the bodies, then all the arms and legs. I'm about half way through the second body. This first is medium blue and the second is dark purple.

Mary, I'll be glad to include a picture of the preemie things.

Well I wanted to join in last month but there was no way I was getting anything done. Yesterday I finished the last of the squared for a granny afghan to be raffled for the local library at their chili cookoff in one week. So hopefully I'll be back on here soon with the finished project. I have also purchased the yarn for scarfs for the winter special olympics but that'll have to wait till next month.

Well I wanted to join in last month but there was no way I was getting anything done. Yesterday I finished the last of the squared for a granny afghan to be raffled for the local library at their chili cookoff in one week. So hopefully I'll be back on here soon with the finished project. I have also purchased the yarn for scarfs for the winter special olympics but that'll have to wait till next month.

Hi! Congratulations on finishing the squares! Pictures would be wonderful when you have time. :yes I have the special olympics colors, too...just need to get started. :)

Linda ~ Great idea for assembling the dolls!

No crochet time for me yesterday, but I hope to have some later today. :hook

Welcome! It sounds like you are doing great!

I have the bodies for three Uglee Dolls crocheted with the first side sewn together. And I have one eye crocheted now. The third one is a warm brown.

Archived