Does this look familiar to you?

Jennip

Question

I purchased this pattern from an Ebay seller but it was lost in the mail....The seller does not know what publication it was from.

Does anyone know what publication this cute pattern is from? I would love to buy the magazine!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/250858528955?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_602wt_956

Admin Note: Apparently someone has uploaded a scanned image of the entire magazine to some site, and is charging people to download it. This site does NOT to be affiliated with the copyright owner in any way. Please do NOT post links to any site where this issue can be downloaded. I've already had to delete this link from this thread twice. If you think you have found a legitimate site to purchase this magazine, please send a PM to AmyS first to check things out before posting the link. Thank you.

15 answers to this question

I knew I had seen this pattern before! Went and looked thru my book stash and sure enough I have the magazine. Its COUNTRY AFGHANS Spring 1999 Issue. Lots of really pretty afghans in this old issue. I don't know why they stopped publishing this magazine. Each copy was great!!

People have been cutting up a number of the old magazines and reselling the pieces which is legal. You can't sell copies, but you can sell the original pieces as separate items. Sadly, it makes it hard to find additional copies of the pattern if the original page is not stamped with the magazine label. I have been collecting a number of the older Annie's magazines and I find a number of the patterns sold online as individual patterns. I am starting to recognize the layout of some of the magazines so even when I don't see the magazine label I have a good idea if it is one of the ones I collect.

I can often find the whole magazine for less money than the single patterns are selling for with the bidding wars that go on.

I love this magazine too much to sell it but if they were selling the pattern from it then the copyright has run out. I'll be happy to share the pattern. Just PM me your email address

Just because someone is selling something, that doesnt mean the copyright has run out.

I purchased this pattern from an Ebay seller but it was lost in the mail....The seller does not know what publication it was from.

Does anyone know what publication this cute pattern is from? I would love to buy the magazine!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/250858528955?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_602wt_956

Jenny, is there not some recourse thru eBay or paypal? You paid for the magazine pages, and the seller says, oops I mailed it but it got lost in the mail....Seems like they owe you a refund to me.

Jenny, is there not some recourse thru eBay or paypal? You paid for the magazine pages, and the seller says, oops I mailed it but it got lost in the mail....Seems like they owe you a refund to me.

She refunded my money, that is not the issue. I was just so disappointed that I was not going to receive the pattern when I had my heart set on it. You know what I mean.

A link was posted to what appeared to be a scanned copy of this magazine. I have temporarily removed all posts related to that link until I can determine if the magazine publisher itself actually posted that document.

Chances are, they did not, and somebody uploaded that magazine to the internet without their permission. Which means it's copyright infringement for them to have posted it, it's contributory copyright infringement to share that link with anyone else (as well as a violation of our forum guidelines).

I'll check it out further and let you know what I find out. For now, anyone who has that link, please do not share it with anyone else. There's a very slim chance that the magazine publisher has posted this, in which case, I'll come back and restore the link and let everyone know all is okay.

She refunded my money, that is not the issue. I was just so disappointed that I was not going to receive the pattern when I had my heart set on it. You know what I mean.

Oh, I'm really glad to know the seller refunded your money! :) I hope you can find a copy of Country Afghans on ebay or something, now that Lynn identified it:hook it is weird how magazines come and go on the publishing scene.

Yes, I always wondered why they stopped publishing that particular magazine. Or, if it IS still published where in the world can you get one! lol They always had such pretty patterns and not just one to a magazine like some other publications, this magazine has a bunch!

Oh, I'm really glad to know the seller refunded your money! :) I hope you can find a copy of Country Afghans on ebay or something, now that Lynn identified it:hook it is weird how magazines come and go on the publishing scene.

As luck would have it, I received the pull out magazine pattern from the Ebay seller in my mailbox a few minutes ago:lol I do not understand the mail system, I purchased it on the 5th and she mailed it right away..... Anyways, thank you for everyone's help. (Off to repay the seller):manyheart

As luck would have it, I received the pull out magazine pattern from the Ebay seller in my mailbox a few minutes ago:lol I do not understand the mail system, I purchased it on the 5th and she mailed it right away..... Anyways, thank you for everyone's help. (Off to repay the seller):manyheart

Well, that's a happy ending:lol:hook

that is a lovely pattern and know that you know where it is from, you could set up an eBay search for it -- so you're automatically notified if Country afghans appear....

you can set up a search alert with allibris and google, too.

Good luck!

Apparently someone has uploaded a scanned image of the entire magazine to some site, and is charging people to download it. This site does NOT to be affiliated with the copyright owner in any way. Please do NOT post links to any site where this issue can be downloaded. I've already had to delete this link from this thread twice. If you think you have found a legitimate site to purchase this magazine, please send a PM to me first to check things out before posting the link. Thank you.

Archived