August Charity CAL - 8/18 - 8/23

nicolep

I could not believe it when my phone yelled at me to start the charity CAL today. How could another month have gone by already?!? :eek

I hope you all can join me this month for charity crafting.

For new comers -

Anything handmade (crochet, knit, sew...whatever you like to do) counts towards the charity CAL. A group of us get together once a month and dedicate six days to charity. We chat about what we're making and lots of other non-craft things that pop up. At the end of the event, we post our totals in big, bold letters so we can all see how much a few people can do.

I'm going to do my best to get both of the HAP afghans I have on hand crocheted together. One of them is a little under half way finished. I haven't started the second yet. As long as nothing major comes up, I should be able to get it done with no problem.

I also need to finish a newborn-size shirt, too.

I'm in. I've been watching for the notice. I'm working on a quilt for a fundraiser for a family with huge medical bills, a prayer shawl, and Uglee dolls. So those will probably be what I'll be working on this time.

:cheer Tonya :cheer I'm glad you'll be able to join this month

cshort - I hope you can stop by some. Are you a teacher?

Yes I am a teacher. I teach a preschool class for children with autism and developmental delays.

I got a jump start on the projects for this weekend. I've got the body section of an Uglee doll crocheted. None of the bits and pieces yet, but it's started. This one is in Christmas green.

Every month I am as shocked as you are! Who put the calendar on fast forward?? I'm in!!

I know, right?! Before you know it, winter will be here and we'll be talking about Christmas stuff. In truth, I've started gifts already. I'm determined to not wait until the last minute this year.

I got a jump start on the projects for this weekend. I've got the body section of an Uglee doll crocheted. None of the bits and pieces yet, but it's started. This one is in Christmas green.

:cheer Go, Linda, go! :cheer

Uglee doll #1 done and #2 started. These will go to a friend who is having a fundraiser to help pay medical bills that have become huge during her husband's fight with cancer.

Nicole, did you really use the word "Christmas" already? Oh dear. That reminds me that I swore I was going to make quilted place mats for everyone on my list this year. Sounded like a great idea in January.

Finished a beanie hat today waiting for a dr appt. Need to tuck in the ends and I'll post a picture.

hat for the mission. Always wanted to try cables and found out not only are they not very hard, they are a bit of fun too!

Looks GREAT!! Love the color, too! :tup

Archived