August Charity CAL - 8/18 - 8/23

nicolep

Nicole, did you really use the word "Christmas" already? Oh dear. That reminds me that I swore I was going to make quilted place mats for everyone on my list this year. Sounded like a great idea in January.

I did that last year. And it turned out to be a lot more work than anticipated.

Finished a beanie hat today waiting for a dr appt. Need to tuck in the ends and I'll post a picture.

hat for the mission. Always wanted to try cables and found out not only are they not very hard, they are a bit of fun too!

Lovely!!!! :cheer :cheer :cheer

The weather has my hands aching like mad so haven't accomplished much this weekend. I have to get cracking on the quilt today. I found the backing material yesterday while I was out and about, so that was good.

Great work everyone!

Mary - The hat is lovely.

I haven't gotten much done. :sigh A friend moved into a new house last week. I was over there all weekend helping him paint, etc. We had fun though...only a little sore today. :tup

a tower of baby hats that I made last night and this morning. Talk about almost instant satisfaction! I was having waaay to much fun doing these.

Beautiful!!

I got two more strips put together for the fundraiser quilt yesterday. And Uglee doll #2 now has legs.

I got the first four strips of the quilt sewn together and most of the 5th strip sewed together before getting mixed up and sewing the last two strips on the wrong end. :frog:2frog So off to the frog pond for me. :2frog:frog I hope to have the top together by tomorrow.

Nice quilt Linda! I am a quilter too. Have a long arm machine. So I spend more time looking at other people's work than finishing my own!

Anyway, I can't find the hat I made that needs to have the ends tucked in. I have to hide yarn work with the foster kittens around! I did make these little toys from fleece scraps. They will go to the shelter.

post-13802-135897692399_thumb.jpg

Oh and of course the uglees are cutee. Where will they go?

Archived