what kind of yarn ball do you prefer?

I have been curious about what kind of yarn balls people use.

I used to use the regular yarn ball that rolls around as you use it. I now use the inside out yarn ball.

http://thenotsowildlife.blogspot.com/2011/04/inside-out-yarn-ball.html

What is your favorite?

I really hate winding my yarn into a ball b/c it always rolls all over the place when I am using it. I obviously have never tried the center pull method but I may now.

I only use centre pull skeins. I will do anything that is needed to get that centre pull. I have more adapted TP tubes and Paper towel tubes than any one person might need.

No matter how small the yarn amount I do Centre pull - even if it means a yarn butterfly:llama:llama:ducky

:rofl

When I wind yarn, which isn't any more often than I have to, I like to use my thumb to create center pull yarn cakes. I think I snagged a tutorial on YouTube a few years back and really like the results. However, I certainly prefer crocheting yarn to winding it!

When I wind yarn, which isn't any more often than I have to, I like to use my thumb to create center pull yarn cakes. I think I snagged a tutorial on YouTube a few years back and really like the results. However, I certainly prefer crocheting yarn to winding it!

I used to do this too but it never failed that the phone would ring as soon as I started to wind yarn. :rofl That was why I switched to TP tubes. I do agree that crocheting is more fun than winding though.

I used to do this too but it never failed that the phone would ring as soon as I started to wind yarn. :rofl That was why I switched to TP tubes. I do agree that crocheting is more fun than winding though.

I have used both methods (TP tubes and my thumb) to make center pull balls. Both work, but mine done using my thumb are much neater and have a flatter bottom.

Archived