Perfume on yarn...

I didn't see this under the search....but I have a B I G problem. I'm allergic to scented things and I didn't think about it when I bought some yarn from eBay...it came last week and it smells to high heaven of the persons stinky perfume...it's 5 skeins of Caron Simply Soft. I have it in the garage because it cannot be in my home.

Is there ANY WAY to get rid of the smell ?:think

and yes I will know better next time...

Thanks !:D

eeekkk....I don't have any rubber bands..( I used to keep ferrets and they would eat them, so no rubber anything around the house) and I live in FL...no hose of any kind...well...looks like I'm gonna have to devise a way...thanks ladies !!!:lol

I tried this with yarn that came from a smokers house. Try Fabreeze. Now it may take a couple of times, but it does work. I know what you are going thru. I also am allergic to perfume. Make sure you get the liquid unscented.:hook

thanks..I DO have some unscented Febreeze...( I use it in my cars ac...yeah it's weird...my car, ever since I got it (brand new), if it sets more than 3 days without the ac being run, smells like vomit...so the auto techs told me to put Febreeze in the intake and it works...)

I know! I didn't have any REG. PANTY HOSE, i quit wearing those a while back, lol all i had, were the knee high ones! HE HE HE.

:blush I didn't read the whole thread you linked to - I just got to the rubber bands :devil

I'm not sure how it would work but I wash my stuffed animals in a pillow case, you might tie a skein in tight into a pillow case and wash it that way.

thanks..I DO have some unscented Febreeze...( I use it in my cars ac...yeah it's weird...my car, ever since I got it (brand new), if it sets more than 3 days without the ac being run, smells like vomit...so the auto techs told me to put Febreeze in the intake and it works...)

huh. I suppose it would. How did you know where the intake thing was?

I'm a car girl...it's at the bottom of the windshield on my car. (my Dad was a mechanic and I can do 'small' repairs...when I'm able..lights, brakes, oil, wipers, etc.) I'm one of 'those' that drives a stick and likes speed....:eek

:lol:lol:lol

Archived