My attempt at the Chiffon Doll

Ailsa

Thank you all, when I made her I preferred her without features on her face for some strange reason, but I doubt a little girl wants a faceless doll :/

• 2 months later...

Ahhh... she is very cute! I liked the Amish dolls I used to make without a face, but other than those, I prefer a face too. A little expression is a good thing. :)

I used to make a lot of dolls but haven't in years. I have been saying I was going to make my Raggedy Annie again. Every time I'd make one for me, someone would see it and want it and what can you do -- have to let her move away. But I thought about making one and keeping her in my bedroom so no one would see her. Shame on me though for thinking like that, right? Need to spread our dolls around as long as someone wants them, I guess. A doll is such a personal gift -- they can give or receive hugs and kisses. Comfort when you're down, sick or just upset. They can help share happy times and joy. They are just like a little person without needs.

The one I used to make looked like a Raggedy Annie but she had very long legs and was meant to be a draft stopper for in front of the door. I never would use her as that -- she was just too pretty! :) Yours is very pretty too! Enjoy her! I think the older I get the more I revert to childhood things!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Ahhh... she is very cute! I liked the Amish dolls I used to make without a face, but other than those, I prefer a face too. A little expression is a good thing. :)

I used to make a lot of dolls but haven't in years. I have been saying I was going to make my Raggedy Annie again. Every time I'd make one for me, someone would see it and want it and what can you do -- have to let her move away. But I thought about making one and keeping her in my bedroom so no one would see her. Shame on me though for thinking like that, right? Need to spread our dolls around as long as someone wants them, I guess. A doll is such a personal gift -- they can give or receive hugs and kisses. Comfort when you're down, sick or just upset. They can help share happy times and joy. They are just like a little person without needs.

The one I used to make looked like a Raggedy Annie but she had very long legs and was meant to be a draft stopper for in front of the door. I never would use her as that -- she was just too pretty! :) Yours is very pretty too! Enjoy her! I think the older I get the more I revert to childhood things!

I found it real hard giving her a face to be honest, I did prefer her without a face. Its a fabulous pattern, so easy to follow and I was so pleased with how she looks. I get what you mean as everytime I make a doll or teddy I just want to keep it!

I haven't been on in a while, but I'm glad to see that someone is still enjoying my Chiffon Doll!

Great job!

Oh I hope I linked your pattern properly?

Thank you for the pattern! I love it! I tried so hard to find a pattern that ended with a doll that reminded me of a proper rag doll and your pattern did exactly that! thank you again :)

Archived