Crochet and Knit Shawl

DesertCrocheter

I'm trying to use up stash yarn so I can buy myself some new yarn (I've been on a yarn diet for almost 2 years, and it's just about killing me! :lol). I had 3 skeins of Colorado Yarns Knitaly in a lovely rose color and thought that would be perfect for a shawl. I used the Knit and Crochet Shawl pattern from the Caron Connections newsletter a while back. I am so pleased with how it came out. The knit body was easy, and even without the crochet border looked nice, so I may make another without the border. The Knitaly was bought when a LYS closed years ago, and I loved working with it. I spilt soda on my Eva's shawl on a flight last year, so washability is a premium for me. :P The shawl isn't blocked, so the points don't look as nice as they should.

Thanks for looking! Patty

post-186-135897674575_thumb.jpg

post-186-13589767458_thumb.jpg

Thanks all! The yarn diet is simply because SweetPea65 brought over 5 boxes of her yard sale yarn scores for me to make Project Linus blankets with 2 years ago, and I felt i had to focus on that. Well, that, and the lack of a raise for a few years also had something to do with it. I'm afraid of the bender I'll go on when I fall off the yarn diet wagon, though. :yarn

Patty

Archived