Rose Petals Square (Pretty Petals square)

The pretty textured raised shells of this square will remind you of Rose :rose Petals as you are stitching.

Extremely versatile it can be worked as big or as small as you wish with it’s two round repeat once the square is established. Use your favorite yarn and hook, it’s up to you. Make anything from a dishcloth to a king size afghan. Makes it’s own border, just simply change colors the last two rows, easy peasy!

Peach blanket pictured is worked in Caron Simply soft as a baby blanket. Pattern instructions include hook size and ounces needed for a 32”X32” baby afghan.

Tested as Pretty Petals square, (big thanks to testers) and renamed to Rose Petals Square. There were already a couple of patterns with the same name in the Ravelry database.

Pattern available on Ravelry: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/rose-petals-square

post-41864-135897673897_thumb.jpg

Love your pattern, is is EASY and could it be done with different color rows or does it look better in all one color?

It certainly could be done in more than one color! Would be really pretty.

Just bought it - and I am lost on round 3

if round 2 is all double crochet how does this work

""Working in Back loops only ch 1, Turn. Sc in space formed by last sc of last round. Ch 2, skip next 2

dc, sc in next dc. Skip next 2 dc. (Sc, ch 1, sc in ch 1 corner space. Ch 2, skip next 2 dc, sc i"""

Just bought it - and I am lost on round 3

if round 2 is all double crochet how does this work

""Working in Back loops only ch 1, Turn. Sc in space formed by last sc of last round. Ch 2, skip next 2

dc, sc in next dc. Skip next 2 dc. (Sc, ch 1, sc in ch 1 corner space. Ch 2, skip next 2 dc, sc i"""

Hi,

I sent you a private message with my some notes on the pattern that should help. Also sent you my email address if you have any other questions. I offer full support with my patterns.

Thanks, Carlinda

Love it, want to buy it, what experience is needed, easy, intermediate or ?

I would say it is an intermediate pattern to start, but once you get the two row repeat down and done a couple of times it is easy.

I got my pattern for the rose petals square

and it is a beautiful design.can you change colors

like may be every few rows or so? :manyheart

Edited by alacajun
wish there was a video for this I have the pattern but still confused.

I got my pattern for the rose petals square

and it is a beautiful design.can you change colors

like may be every few rows or so? :manyheart

There isn't any reason why you shouldn't be able to change colors. :hook

• 5 years later...

See post 10 above, where the designer replied to Kafskorner:

Hi,

I sent you a private message with my some notes on the pattern that should help. Also sent you my email address if you have any other questions. I offer full support with my patterns.

Thanks, Carlinda

You can find Carlinda's email address on the Ravelry page.  Maybe the most efficient thing would be to email her for clarification.  

edit---sorry, it is on her designer page, not the pattern page.  here is link http://www.ravelry.com/designers/carlinda-lewis

Edited by magiccrochetfan

• 2 years later...