Clothes for a few of my Girls in Doll collection

HappyOldCro

I have a doll collection, Mostly vintage gals 50 years and older.

9 Big gals, 3 Babies and 18 of the 8 to 10 1/2 inch category (only one is a child, others are high heel gals).

Since it is hard and expensive to try and dress them all in their original clothes, I have made outfits for 6 of the big girls and a stole for the 10 1/2" Uneeda Tiny Teen/Suzette.

The 18 inch Laura Ashley is the only one with a store bought pair of pants, everything else the big girls are wearing has been sewn or crocheted by me.

The others are 16" P 91 Toni, 14" unmarked Sweet Sue with a Modern wig, 16" Harriet Hubbard Ayers (still need to hem dress), 20" 14R (still have to curl her hair) who only had a bustierre (?) and skirt I sewed (in first pic) and I had since made her a vest (red head in 2nd pic). The small Uneeda doll is the only one of the little ladies I have crocheted for, her dress is a vintage one.

The doll in cream silk brocade gown is a VT 18 Miss Revlon, and the dress is from a vintage pattern that I took liberties to decorate with an applique instead of the lace the pattern called for. I crocheted her a fur stole with Fun Fur. All the other crocheted or sewn items were done by ear, no patterns.

post-14620-135897671291_thumb.jpg

post-14620-135897671295_thumb.jpg

post-14620-135897671298_thumb.jpg

post-14620-135897671301_thumb.jpg

post-14620-135897671304_thumb.jpg

Thank you for lovely comments, the one in middle is one I have owned the longest. The unmarked doll that I believe is a Sweet Sue. She is one of my favs. Her face is so sweet and innocent, and she is a petite 14" so she is easy to sew for. I thought of giving her the longer curly hair and ruffly chiffon type gown/dress that Sweet Sues are known for, but I thought she looks so cute this way, and I didn't want to make her into a reproduction.

All my girls will be a hand me down remembrance for my daughter/grand daughters and great grand daughter.

Oh Carol, they are all so adorable, my personal fav is the last one, in blue and white stripes, I don't know why, she looks to me to be the oldest of the gals?? You do fabulous work Ms. Carol, those girls are well cared for!!

Thanks Kay, but actually she is from the 60's. All the others (except for the 1st 18" one) are older and from the mid to late 50's. She is all vinyl, and the others are in the transitional period, some all hard plastic, and some mixed hard plastic and vinyl. I primarily prefer the smaller fashion dolls, (most are pre-barbie) for space reasons but the sampling of larger ones I have is just because they appealed to me and were ones I wanted as a child, but parents couldn't afford.

Archived