Baby gift

DesertCrocheter

Attached is the link to the baby gifts I made for my friend E who is expecting a boy any day now (her due date is tomorrow). The jacket is a 12-month size (I already made him a 6-month size in a different color), and the girl's tank is Chelle's tank top (which was so easy to make and so well written, thanks Chelle!) in a 3T for his big sister.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a383/DesertCrocheter/gifts/IM002678.jpg

Thanks for looking, Patty

Beautiful work. I'm sure your friend will feel honored to received such a nice gift! :hook

Thanks, ya'll, for your kind words. I'm still so new at this crocheting that when something comes out looking like it's supposed to, I get real excited! :P Reecie, the little boy sweater is made out of Homespun Montana Sky, with Deco for the trim. It is super soft and should, I think, wash and wear nicely. His parents are not the pastel color type, so I really wanted a deep, rich color, and I agree, this one is gorgeous. Actually, there are a number of great Homespun colors. And Quirkyvirgo, a lot of people bought big sister toys or craft things for her, to give herself something to do, but she's only two and a half, so she can't really occupy herself too well without supervision. When I made another version of this sweater for Baby Boy last month (using a different Homespun color), her mama reported that she immediately tried to put the sweater on even though it was a 6-month size and not for her. So I figured a little top, and not another packet of construction paper, might be a good idea. And it was so much fun to make! Patty

Archived