Has anyone used a Baby Cocoon?

I found a really cute pattern on Esty and I'm busy making it for my husband's golf outing. So my question is:

Have you actually used a Baby Cocoon with your own baby?

I'm wondering this, because I wonder if it's hard to put the baby actually into it.

Curious.

Thanks for your answers.

:manyheart

Good question! I have wondered along those lines myself. Are they easy enough to get on & off in say an "emergency situation" where someone would need changing pretty quick?

I have made them for the babies in my family. The mothers tend to roll them down, then roll them up the baby. I made one for my cousin who had a premature baby (by 3months) and the nurses at the nicu loved the cocoon. Said it was good for swaddling.

I would imagine the easiest way is to scrunch it down like a sock, put the feet in and roll it up.

That makes sense to me.

I found a really cute pattern on Esty and I'm busy making it for my husband's golf outing.

Ok being the strange one...I have to ask how does a baby cocoon relate to golf?? :lol

Ok being the strange one...I have to ask how does a baby cocoon relate to golf?? :lol

My husband is in charge of the silent auction. So I'm making a basket of girly baby items for the auction. I know I should have put that in the first note. :lol

This had me a little curious too. Maybe there is a gopher on the course that needs a cocoon?? :lol

I did make one for my grandson to have for his baby pictures. Turned out really cute. The cocoon that is. See, I made the large size since I knew he was going to be big. Well, he popped out 9 lbs 11 ozs. He was too big for the cocoon. We tried to get him to fit, but there was just no way. :sigh

Archived