crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

Yeah, Monday supposed to be sunny and around 40 degrees! Brrr! Winter is back! :lol

Glad you had a nice time at the meet up! The mani/pedi sounds wonderful too! I actually did a bit of clothes shopping the other day too when we stopped at Walmart. DH talked me into it. I've lost so much weight and all my clothes are falling off of me! :lol I hate spending money on myself, but since I got some birthday money, I tried some jeans and a dress on. I figured out why they've been falling off. Everything I have is size 1X-2X and my new jeans are a size 10! :lol Guess I should splurge a little more when the tax money comes in! LOL!

Yeah, sunny Monday, but the rain is close behind it and it's cold again! Hope the flowers and trees don't get hurt!

Oh, yes, Ann, you should definitely splurge on some clothes!!! My "big" clothes were size 12 and 14 and I'm in an 8 now. I can't imagine how 1x-2x were even staying on if you are now wearing a 10!!:lol

It's getting cooler out here too- rain hasn't come yet, but supposed to this evening and tomorrow! Glad I got my errands out of the way today! I hope that it doesn't get too cold and hurt the flowers and trees either!:(

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh, yes, Ann, you should definitely splurge on some clothes!!! My "big" clothes were size 12 and 14 and I'm in an 8 now. I can't imagine how 1x-2x were even staying on if you are now wearing a 10!!:lol

It's getting cooler out here too- rain hasn't come yet, but supposed to this evening and tomorrow! Glad I got my errands out of the way today! I hope that it doesn't get too cold and hurt the flowers and trees either!:(

I do a lot of holding on and pulling up! :lol

I do a lot of holding on and pulling up! :lol

I would imagine so:lol:lol

Good morning all!

It's a grey, dreary, cool, rain :rain in the forecast day here. Of course it isn't Monday when Sue promises the :sun will shine!!:lol

Time to go make breakfast and start the day!

Wishing you all a good one!:hook

Good morning my chatty friends!

Sue, DD could do much worse than being a mini you! She is still sleeping with the felted turtle (named Shelly)!

Joanne - you could have sent me those clothes! I was around a size 20/22 and am holding around a 14! Got any left? LOL

Ann - honey! Hugs for you today! Hope you feel well and enjoy your day!

The rest of you.......check in for Mama K and let us know what you are doing this weekend!

Me? Oh I learned that Ikea has fabric by the yard! Who knew! I looked on line and saw some that would be fantastic purses so yup, off I go this morning to the one near me, about 30 minute drive. Baby K and I (plus friend) are very excited! Okay, maybe I am the only one excited.........

Well, doing some laundry now, the Ikea opens at 10 so I have a titch of time...

Love from Mama K!

Good Morning All!

It's a grey, dreary, cool, rain :rain in the forecast day here. Of course it isn't Monday when Sue promises the :sun will shine!!:lol

Time to go make breakfast and start the day!

Wishing you all a good one!:hook

We've got the same kind of day here! I'm all bundled up and trying to get warm! :wbrr

Have a wonderful day everyone! :hug

Sue, DD could do much worse than being a mini you! She is still sleeping with the felted turtle (named Shelly)!

Joanne - you could have sent me those clothes! I was around a size 20/22 and am holding around a 14! Got any left? LOL

The rest of you.......check in for Mama K and let us know what you are doing this weekend!

Me? Oh I learned that Ikea has fabric by the yard! Who knew! I looked on line and saw some that would be fantastic purses so yup, off I go this morning to the one near me, about 30 minute drive. Baby K and I (plus friend) are very excited! Okay, maybe I am the only one excited.........

Love from Mama K!

Morning Mama! Looks like we were posting at the same time again! :lol Who woulda thought that Ikea had fabric! Of course, I've never been to one, but I thought it was just furniture. :think Have fun today!

Love from Mama K!

My son works at the Ikea in Denver. He talks about how HUGE the store is. He's lost about 15# since he started the job, just from walking and moving boxes!

We've been luck enough to have gorgeous weather this weekend--supposed to hit 80 today.

I've got to get out in the RV and do inventory. We're headed out next weekend on a three day trip. I hope to get in some crocheting while we're gone and maybe a stop at a nearby Hobby Lobby.

Hugs and prayers to all!

I don't go often at all Ann, that store is WAY too big and crowded! I'm getting there at 10 when they open today so it won't be quite as crazy busy!

Mama K

I hear it's easy to get lost in them! :lol

My son works at the Ikea in Denver. He talks about how HUGE the store is. He's lost about 15# since he started the job, just from walking and moving boxes!

We've been luck enough to have gorgeous weather this weekend--supposed to hit 80 today.

I've got to get out in the RV and do inventory. We're headed out next weekend on a three day trip. I hope to get in some crocheting while we're gone and maybe a stop at a nearby Hobby Lobby.

Hugs and prayers to all!

Wow, the place must really be huge for him to have lost that much weight! Great place to work for a dieter! :) Have a great time next weekend! Are you going anyplace special?

Hi everyone ! hope you are doing well :hug

Hiya! How are you doing?

Love from Mama K!

Oh I wish I knew- I dropped them off at Goodwill this morning! I probably have some more when I go through some summer clothes and if do, they are yours!

Have fun at Ikea getting fabric!!!! I went to AC Moore this morning to use my $10 Rewards certificate since all yarn is 30% off. I bought some Bernat Waverly with my certificate to use for a baby RR -2 different shades of blue and I already had the white. This will be for the boy twin my DD's sis-in-law is expecting. I was going to start a tote or work on my shawl, but think I want to get at least one of the RR's out of the way.

Mona- A three day weekend away sounds great!!! Like Ann asked- anyplace special?

Ann- It's cool- and I'm back to wearing layers. The weather change is probably because I went and got a pedicure yesterday-:lol Today I'm wearing my Uggs to keep my feet warm!!!!

Can't wait to hear about the fabric finds! We've gone to Ikea and it is so big! You can spend a day there! Kuddles definitely has the right idea to get there as soon as they open!!!

Wow, the place must really be huge for him to have lost that much weight! Great place to work for a dieter! :) Have a great time next weekend! Are you going anyplace special?

One of DH's hobbies is military vehicles and every year we go to Mobile, AL to a show/flea market that one of the AL military vehicle preservation groups has. It's at the park on the bay where the Battleship Alabama is. Really good food at the motel beside the park. And a Hobby Lobby across the bay.

:hi everyone!

Just getting caught up with all the posts; Friday I was babysitting, and had to get the little ones to my brothers, and take my eldest to pick up a vehicle as he had Drill this weekend and no wheels to get there... Michael had State Solo & Ensemble yesterday (he got a 2 on his solo - and the duet couldn't be graded... wish we would have known that earlier, but what can you do?) and then the drama club he's in performed their play yesterday evening so it's been a busy couple of days!

I'm glad to read how everyone is doing! Sending all of you :hug and I hope you all enjoy the rest of your Sunday...

Wow! So wonderful to hear from all of you this morning! Let's see.....

Bought 2 pieces of fabric at IKEA. The thicker almost canvas or duck cloth material, great for bags, all the prints were super big on them! For curtains I imagine. However I found two that could work so bought one yard of one, and two of the other. Don't plan to go back there anytime soon!

Mona - I so can see how you could lose 15 pounds there working....hmmmmmm maybe I should get a part time job there! Have fun on your trip!

Hi there Lacey!

Joanne, your a sweetie......let me know if you find anything else and we'll 'talk' to see if any others would work for me!

Hi Melani! You sound busy as usual!!

Well I better get back to laundry and such......I am hoping for a few minutes of sewing.....got half my mom's new purse done yesterday and would love to work a bit more. I go down to visit in two weeks and I'm going to give it to her for a combo Easter/Mother's Day gift.....butterflies again, her favorite!

Love to all!

Mama K

Hello ladies!

Funny my line of thinking lately...how'd you get that cut on your arm? Great horned owl, duh. Doesn't everyone get to play with them? :lol

Never been to an Ikea. Nearest one is on the other side of Orlando. Not doing that.

Thinking of getting a parakeet and training it. How fun would that be? I know, I'm strange. Thought of getting a rabbit to teach it hurdles, but thought that would be too much. Would need a larger cage.

:hug and :manyheart to all.

:turtle:vheart

Have fun at Ikea getting fabric!!!! I went to AC Moore this morning to use my $10 Rewards certificate since all yarn is 30% off. I bought some Bernat Waverly with my certificate to use for a baby RR -2 different shades of blue and I already had the white. This will be for the boy twin my DD's sis-in-law is expecting. I was going to start a tote or work on my shawl, but think I want to get at least one of the RR's out of the way.

Woot for yarn shopping, especially when it's on sale! I bought some Waverly this week too! :devil

Ann- It's cool- and I'm back to wearing layers. The weather change is probably because I went and got a pedicure yesterday-:lol Today I'm wearing my Uggs to keep my feet warm!!!!

Can't wait to hear about the fabric finds! We've gone to Ikea and it is so big! You can spend a day there! Kuddles definitely has the right idea to get there as soon as they open!!!

I'm bundled up in sweatpants and a heavy shirt on top of my t-shirt, heavy socks and slippers! I'm thinking of looking for my heavy sweatshirt too! Brrr! :lol

One of DH's hobbies is military vehicles and every year we go to Mobile, AL to a show/flea market that one of the AL military vehicle preservation groups has. It's at the park on the bay where the Battleship Alabama is. Really good food at the motel beside the park. And a Hobby Lobby across the bay.

Ooohh, sounds like a place my DH would love and of course I'd be happy at the HL! :D

:hi everyone!

Just getting caught up with all the posts; Friday I was babysitting, and had to get the little ones to my brothers, and take my eldest to pick up a vehicle as he had Drill this weekend and no wheels to get there... Michael had State Solo & Ensemble yesterday (he got a 2 on his solo - and the duet couldn't be graded... wish we would have known that earlier, but what can you do?) and then the drama club he's in performed their play yesterday evening so it's been a busy couple of days!

I'm glad to read how everyone is doing! Sending all of you :hug and I hope you all enjoy the rest of your Sunday...

Busy, busy! Hope you get some rest now!

Wow! So wonderful to hear from all of you this morning! Let's see.....

Bought 2 pieces of fabric at IKEA. The thicker almost canvas or duck cloth material, great for bags, all the prints were super big on them! For curtains I imagine. However I found two that could work so bought one yard of one, and two of the other. Don't plan to go back there anytime soon!

Well I better get back to laundry and such......I am hoping for a few minutes of sewing.....got half my mom's new purse done yesterday and would love to work a bit more. I go down to visit in two weeks and I'm going to give it to her for a combo Easter/Mother's Day gift.....butterflies again, her favorite!

Love to all!

Mama K

It makes sense that the fabric is for drapery/curtains. Glad you found some that would work! I checked out their website and was shocked by all they offer!

Hello ladies!

Funny my line of thinking lately...how'd you get that cut on your arm? Great horned owl, duh. Doesn't everyone get to play with them? :lol

Never been to an Ikea. Nearest one is on the other side of Orlando. Not doing that.

Thinking of getting a parakeet and training it. How fun would that be? I know, I'm strange. Thought of getting a rabbit to teach it hurdles, but thought that would be too much. Would need a larger cage.

You make me :D (teach a bunny to do hurdles! :lol) I used to have a parakeet many, many years ago and that dang thing hated me! I couldn't train him for anything. Every time I let him out of his cage he would bite me! When I moved to OR, I gave him to my grandmother and darned if she didn't fall in love with him and train him! He was sweet as could be for her. I can't remember the words, but he did say a couple words for her after a while! Birds! :lol

Hello ladies!

Kids that show rabbits have had parents called in for arm scratches..think they were cutting!

You make me :D (teach a bunny to do hurdles! :lol)

yup! :D

Hello ladies!

Strange but very loved!

Mama K

Hi all,

Quick pop in to say good night! I was just settled in with the RR- 5 rounds in- when my DD and GS came over! What a wonderful surprise. (Unbeknownst to me, since she had called earlier and spoke with DH while I was at ACMoore and he didn't tell me they were coming over) We had a great time- and I thoroughly enjoyed spending time with him! Amazing how the innocence of little ones can really brighten up a day!!!

Hugs to you all!!!

Oh, and about 6 PM, the sun came out. I started chuckling when I saw it, and DD and DH asked me what was so funny. I said, I just thought about my friend Sue who said the sun would shine on Monday- and here it was shining a little bit earlier. I think they thought I had lost my mind!

Morning everyone!

Another Monday, and another week begins.

Melani- You sure have been busy- but at least it seems like it is 'good, family fun busy"!!

Mona- Your upcoming trip sounds perfect- something for your DH and something for you!!! Win-Win!!!

Kuddles- Did you get any time to work on your Mama's purse? Have you begun the arduous task of packing yet?

Sue- Enjoy your SUNNY Monday off!!

Ann- I like the Bernat Waverly yarn- and Michaels had it all on clearance. ACMoore seemed fully stocked so I think maybe it's not being discontinued as I originally thought- just going away from Michael's! But since I like it so much figured that I'd get that with my $10 certificate.

Make it a good day!

Happy Monday Morning!

Joanne, I always enjoy starting my day with a message from you! Hope you have a great day!

My boss is back today.......but first I go to the state office so won't be back to my office till mid morning.

I finished my mom's purse! Love it! More importantly, she will! I'll get a pic snapped soon and post. I want to make myself one from this pattern......

And nope, no real packing yet. I think I am in denial.....

I hope everyone enjoys their day!

Mama K

Oh, and about 6 PM, the sun came out. I started chuckling when I saw it, and DD and DH asked me what was so funny. I said, I just thought about my friend Sue who said the sun would shine on Monday- and here it was shining a little bit earlier. I think they thought I had lost my mind!

Bruce always says that the sun comes out at 6pm on Sundays. :lol

Go look at the Other Crafts category in show and tell for the full story and more pix of the butterfly purse....

Mama K

:tup Love it!!! :yes

Archived