crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

Great bag Mama! I'm with you, everyone tells me I could sell my bags but where's the fun in that.

I finished another felted bag and pic is posted in the same show and tell thread as the other 2.

:turtle:vheart

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alrighty then here is a picture of my new tote...this will be for my mother for mother's day. I will line it with awesome blue and black material I bought today at Joanns (pockets and a snap as well) and a fabric handle, most likely black.

This tote worked up fast, was not as hard as I thought it would be and has spike stitches which usually hurt my hands but I took my time and this didn't 'hurt'!

I bought it off etsy from the nutsaboutknitting shop.

Mama K

LOVE it!!! Wish I was your Mom!!! :lol She is going to LOVE this:manyheart It's beautiful!!!!

Great bag Mama! I'm with you, everyone tells me I could sell my bags but where's the fun in that.

I finished another felted bag and pic is posted in the same show and tell thread as the other 2.

Each and every one is beautiful!!!!!:manyheart

Good morning!

Tonya.....a friend saw my new tote and said 'you could sell those!' ....which I probably could but 1) could never get paid back for my time and 2) it then is not 'fun' like it is for me now. I love to constantly be creating! Speaking of, finished up my new tote bag last nite, I'll get a pic up soon.....

I was just wondering because I would so totally love one like that, but with my sewing skills so not happening.

I worked a little on my new tote, it is taking forever to get anywhere with it. I am finally packed. I had to buy a new suit since mine went MIA. it was not fun trying on swimsuits in feb. I doubt Ill be on anymore until after I get back. Im not taking my computer and my phone is hard to read. I might have to use it though because I will be going through withdraws missing talking to everyone. Sue I will see you Tuesday. :yes

Tonya - have a safe and fun trip!!

Mama K - love your tote! That black and blue one is beautiful!!

Evelyn - your projects are so pretty!

I've been working about Ducky as well. Will have her in my prayers.

Joanne - hope your day went well!

Ann - sounds like a nice busy day for you. Tell DH happy birthday.

Had DD and the boys and their dad over for dinner tonight. Other than that, I haven't had the boys all weekend. Got a lot of crocheting done. Almost done with the first RR baby afghan, just have the last round and the the edging round to do. Haven't worked on my shawler but will do that this week and start on the other RR. Found a mitten patten, oldest GS wants a fingerless mitten, so I'm gonna try to make him a pair--should be lots of fun since the pattern is the full mitten.

Have a great evening all

Hugs to all that need them!

Alrighty then here is a picture of my new tote...this will be for my mother for mother's day. I will line it with awesome blue and black material I bought today at Joanns (pockets and a snap as well) and a fabric handle, most likely black.

This tote worked up fast, was not as hard as I thought it would be and has spike stitches which usually hurt my hands but I took my time and this didn't 'hurt'!

Mama K

Oooh, pretty! I guess I'm going to have to break down and learn to line bags. I have a new sewing machine, so no excuse not to.

Mama K

GORGEOUS!!! That is very pretty... :hug

To those of who who work and have a holiday for President's Day I am officially jealous!:lol It's not a holiday where I work:(

On the plus side, there will be a lot less traffic going to/from work today~

Tonya- Have a wonderful trip!!!! Have fun meeting up with Sue!!!!

Have a great day everyone!!!

Well I'm one of those that has to work today. :( To those that are off, enjoy your day!

Will probably be another long day. I'm determined to get my filing done!! I got the boxes out on Friday to put up the old files and guess what :think The filing folders are not larger (about 1/4" to 1/2") and they won't fit in the box :eek So now I have to buy boxes. Will go do that this morning and get started.

Thanks for all the prayers for Sherri. I'll keep you updated as time goes on.

LOVE it!!! Wish I was your Mom!!! :lol She is going to LOVE this:manyheart It's beautiful!!!!

Thanks! But uh, you are not old enough to be my mom!

I was just wondering because I would so totally love one like that, but with my sewing skills so not happening.

My grandmother taught me to sew when I was a girl and it was one of the best things ever! I am not proficient, can't make clothing, but can do enough to do what I need to do!

Have a safe trip and have FUN!

Mama K - love your tote! That black and blue one is beautiful!!

Thanks so much!

Oooh, pretty! I guess I'm going to have to break down and learn to line bags. I have a new sewing machine, so no excuse not to.

Just jump in with both feet and just know you WILL make mistakes, but that is okay! Keep trying!

GORGEOUS!!! That is very pretty... :hug

Thanks!

To those of who who work and have a holiday for President's Day I am officially jealous!:lol It's not a holiday where I work:(

I work Joanne so I'm right there with ya!

I hope everyone has a super fantastic day! Remember to smile!

Mama K

Sue I will see you Tuesday. :yes

24 1/2 hours and counting! If you see this call me tonight!! :)

Thanks! But uh, you are not old enough to be my mom!

You're not old enough to be my Mama either, but that doesn't change a thing! :lol

My grandmother taught me to sew when I was a girl and it was one of the best things ever! I am not proficient, can't make clothing, but can do enough to do what I need to do!

Just jump in with both feet and just know you WILL make mistakes, but that is okay! Keep trying!

Mama K

I've done a little sewing over the years--placemats and napkins, mending, a few maternity clothes eons ago. All girls took home-economics back then. My mother sewed beautifully--made all our clothes when I was a child. She worked in a sewing factory for years--originally a panty factory (All our dolls had pretty ruffled lace panties.) There never seemed to be any reason for me to sew.

So it's just a matter of making it a "top of the list" task and getting to it!

24 1/2 hours and counting! If you see this call me tonight!! :)

I will, however I havent slept except for 1.5 hours I kept tossing and turning so I got up and cleaned until 530. so if i pass out call me.

On the plus side, there will be a lot less traffic going to/from work today~

Tonya- Have a wonderful trip!!!! Have fun meeting up with Sue!!!!

Have a great day everyone!!!

YAY for less traffic, I love working nights for the less traffic reason well that and no families visiting and less drs hovering.

and thanks:hug I plan on having a blast, I can not wait for tomorrow.

You're not old enough to be my Mama either, but that doesn't change a thing! :lol

So true!

I've done a little sewing over the years--placemats and napkins, mending, a few maternity clothes eons ago. All girls took home-economics back then. My mother sewed beautifully--made all our clothes when I was a child. She worked in a sewing factory for years--originally a panty factory (All our dolls had pretty ruffled lace panties.) There never seemed to be any reason for me to sew.

So it's just a matter of making it a "top of the list" task and getting to it!

How cool she worked in a sewing factory!

Yup it is hard to put anything on the top of the list isn't it!? so much to do!

Mama K

Archived