crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

Joanne, glad your home safe, but really not sure about the sound part. :D it's a good thing I really like you!!:lol:lol:lol But I have to agree, I'm not sure about the"sound" part either:lol:lol:lol

Mama and Tonya, both of you feel better...that's an order!!! :tryme

Sherry, I'm sorry I FORCED you to go buy yarn. :rofl

:turtle:vheart

Don't feel bad about forcing Sherry to buy yarn--I'm sure she doesn't mind:lol:lol:lol:lol

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ann - I think a different color accent/flower would be a great idea....maybe even just a different color border :think

Melani - Great job with Sue's pattern :manyheart

Wow!!! Fantastic bag!!!! Love your colors!

I think I might try both to see which I like best and go from there! Thanks for answering! :hug

Melani- Love how Sue's new tote turned out!!! Beautiful!!!

:ty everyone! :D

Well, here's my tote that I tested for Sue. Yes, I was forced to go and buy more yarn--it's all Sue's fault!

I used Sugar n' Cream, Hot Purple for the main color and Country Side Ombre for the mesh part. Will be giving this to a coworker that is going to a new job and tomorrow is her last day. The purple is her favorite color.

It's super easy and looks great. I put several skeins of yarn in it the one that's hanging on the door.

Thanks Sue for letting me test your new tote pattern!

post-27829-135897735688_thumb.jpg

post-27829-135897735692_thumb.jpg

Melani - love the way your tote turned out. The colors are great!

Mama K - hope you're feeling better tonight.

Tonya - hope you're feeling better as well. We are having a lot of allergy problems here with 80 degrees one day and 30 the next. Hang in there and rest!

They are predicting a "winter storm" here this weekend. At least I have lots of yarn and new Jimbo hooks to play with if I get snowed in :lol

Have a great evening all!

Well, here's my tote that I tested for Sue. Yes, I was forced to go and buy more yarn--it's all Sue's fault!

I used Sugar n' Cream, Hot Purple for the main color and Country Side Ombre for the mesh part. Will be giving this to a coworker that is going to a new job and tomorrow is her last day. The purple is her favorite color.

It's super easy and looks great. I put several skeins of yarn in it the one that's hanging on the door.

I love it in the purples!! Great job, Sherry! :hug

ok..where is the pattern..I have to have that one! I bought a bunch of cotton for another tote..and it won't happen lol. Lots of color combos and they are all in a box screaming to be made into that tote!

Cough it up Sue..when can I get it!!

Good morning all! Thanks again for well wishes on my cold getting better.......I think I'm better! I'm gonna beat whatever this is, dang it!

Great new totes! I finished testing it last nite as well, in blues, and I love it!

Later girls!

post-17419-135897735757_thumb.jpg

ok..where is the pattern..I have to have that one! I bought a bunch of cotton for another tote..and it won't happen lol. Lots of color combos and they are all in a box screaming to be made into that tote!

Cough it up Sue..when can I get it!!

I have a big tub of cotton & all the little skeins are dancing around saying "ME, ME!" I think this may be my Christmas present bag this year.

Love it in purple!!!!

Melani - love the way your tote turned out. The colors are great!

Mama K - hope you're feeling better tonight.

Tonya - hope you're feeling better as well. We are having a lot of allergy problems here with 80 degrees one day and 30 the next. Hang in there and rest!

They are predicting a "winter storm" here this weekend. At least I have lots of yarn and new Jimbo hooks to play with if I get snowed in :lol

Have a great evening all!

Glad you've got your supplies ready! :hook They're talking about a small storm here too. Need to gather my hooks and yarn around me! :lol

Good morning all! Thanks again for well wishes on my cold getting better.......I think I'm better! I'm gonna beat whatever this is, dang it!

Great new totes! I finished testing it last nite as well, in blues, and I love it!

Later girls!

It's beautiful in blue too!

Just tested Sue's second cotton buster and wow does it go fast! About 3 hours! Woot! I used my double worsted cotton so just one strand and I made the handles just a titch shorter to my liking.....Love it! Thanks again Sue for letting me test!

post-17419-135897736419_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the kind words on the purple tote. My now former coworker loved it!

Mama K - love the blue one! And the other one is great too. What is doubled worsted cotton and where do you get it???? Inquiring minds want to know (like we NEED more yarn!! LOL) Glad you're feeling better.

Mary and Mona - yep it's a pattern you need to get! Looking forward to seeing all kinds of new totes on here!

Ann - hope you're feeling better! I love to stay home and crochet when the weather's bad.

I guess I'll have to go to HL tomorrow. Youngest DD asked if I could make a baby blanket for her friend, then it was can you make 2? Then, will you make another one?? So I have a request for 3 baby blankets. I told her only if she buys the yarn! The yarn's on sale and with DH's discount, it won't be quite as bad. At least I don't have to have them done tomorrow :rofl:rofl

Have a great evening!

Later girls!

Just tested Sue's second cotton buster and wow does it go fast! About 3 hours! Woot! I used my double worsted cotton so just one strand and I made the handles just a titch shorter to my liking.....Love it! Thanks again Sue for letting me test!

:applause Looking good, Mama!! :hug

:manyheart

Nice!!! I finished one about 3am! :lol Will post pics later today. I'm curious, like the others, about the double worsted cotten. Never heard of it before! Details please! :D

Thanks for the kind words on the purple tote. My now former coworker loved it!

Ann - hope you're feeling better! I love to stay home and crochet when the weather's bad.

I guess I'll have to go to HL tomorrow. Youngest DD asked if I could make a baby blanket for her friend, then it was can you make 2? Then, will you make another one?? So I have a request for 3 baby blankets. I told her only if she buys the yarn! The yarn's on sale and with DH's discount, it won't be quite as bad. At least I don't have to have them done tomorrow :rofl:rofl

Have a great evening!

Thanks, I wish I was feeling better to! :lol I talked with the nutritionist yesterday and she's going to recommend a new formula, so hopefully that will help. My hooks and yarn are set up, ready for today's storm, but so far I don't see any snow! I feel soooo bad for you having to go shopping at HL today! NOT! :lol Now, having to make 3 baby blankets in a short amount of time I can relate to! Good luck!

Ooops, I'm a little spacey this morning, almost forgot to say Good Morning!!!! DH just ran home to help me with a couple things and he said that it is snowing! Guess it's good that I have my hooks at the ready! :hook I forgot to say on my previous post that it felt so good to make a tote last night! I missed making one, it had been a while and it was just what I needed to cheer me up! Now I can get back to the baby things and everything else that is waiting on the list! Thank you Sue! :hug Your timing for new patterns is perfect! :)

Good morning!

We have snow here too! Not sticking to the streets yet though. Perfect day to stay inside and take care of some cleaning and then some hooking! Hoping to finish the RR (no, make that I will finish the RR).

Have fun at HL, Sherry!

Hope that the change in formula will work out for you Ann! Can't wait to see pics of your newest tote! Yup, Sue does have a way of coming out with a pattern just when we need it. I'm chomping at the bit to start a CBT!!

Beautiful totes, Mama!!! Yup- Sue makes up great tote patterns!!!!

Who makes double worsted cotton?

I got it from peaches and cream when they put their cones on clearance, got several for about $3 each! they are now over $10 each....although I must say I prefer the Sugar and Cream.....

Mama K

Thanks Sherry and Melani. See above for answer to double worsted cotton. I sure liked being able to just use one strand but really, the yarn splits too easily for my liking. And now the price is crazy expensive! But you CAN still buy it from their web site.....

Ann - yippee on doing a tote finally! It does feel good doesn't it! I just finished a baby sweater. To do something different. Nope, know of no babies to give it to so of course it is now on Bear and Baby K is enjoying it. Spoiled! LOL

Hey Joanne! We got about half an inch of snow at my house but over in Indiana, they are getting dumped on from lake effect snow! Yikes!

Well, today Baby K will see her godmother for lunch. I will get a short bit of time alone......probably use it to work on taxes. Fun, right?

Love from Mama K

Taxes and fun should not be in the same sentence, Kuddles!!!:lol

Finished all the cleaning that I wanted to get done! The important rooms- kitchen and bathrooms! ;) Now that the kitchen is all spic and span, DH suggested that we go out to breakfast!:clap

Good Morning all!! Getting ready to go to HL. Just waiting on the boys to finish getting ready!

Ann, hope the new formula works for you. Glad you've got your hooks and yarn ready. We're supposed to get a winter mix (which means sleet, ice, and maybe some snow), usually it's more ice than anything else. I'll have plenty to keep me busy if we get snowed/iced in.

Joanne - Enjoy your breakfast out! And enjoy your time crocheting.

Mama K - I feel your pain about the taxes. AT least we're getting money back this year!

Well, they're ready to go. Talk to you later.

Thanks everyone, I'm really hoping the new formula works too. :xfin

Mama K, thanks for explaining about the double worsted cotton. Sounds interesting, but I think it will stay that way at that price! :lol Glad Baby K is (or Bear) is enjoying the baby sweater! It's nice to spoil them when we can! :)

Ok, I finally got a pic of the Cotton Buster II, although it's not a great pic. Here it is!

post-16860-135897736511_thumb.jpg

Archived