crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

Mona- that's a beautiful tote!!!!

Haven't done much crocheting today (actually haven't done any:lol) Ran errands, stopped that ACM and Michael's just because I love going there- The only thing I bought was an "f" hook and a mill end bag of pretty robins' egg blue yarn- I loved the color!!!

Then I did the dreaded grocery shopping and laundry! All done now!! :)

My friend who had the baby recently asked me if I could make her and her DD a lip balm holder- she sent me a pic and I found the pattern on Rav here and it calls for an F hook--which I didn't have--any excuse to go the craft stores:lol:lol I think I may make a few of these since I bought tons of Peaches N'Cream at the Dollar Store a few months ago!!!

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there! I'm still around Mama! :D No crafting for me yet today. Still been getting in lots of napping. I don't know what that's all about, I'm just exhausted all the time lately. Maybe the meds. :think OH! I finished the scarf with the mosaic yarn. I love the look! I do think I'd like to try the yarn again to make a tote! :yes Hope everyone's having a wonderful weekend! :hug

Good morning and welcome to the weekend!!!! I stayed late last night but am taking the weekend off!!!

I am planning to finish the RR and hopefully the scarf I'm making with the Mosaic yarn- or maybe I'll see if it'll work as a cowl of some sort and be finished with it. Agree I don't like it for a scarf- but a maybe a lapghan or like Mama a purse or tote!!

Babysitting tonight so DD can take one of her good friends out for a belated birthday dinner!!! WOOT!!!

Enjoy your time with Ryan tonight!!!

Good morning!

Joann, I'll be curious to see that scarf/cowl/whatever when it is done!

Baby K and I will try to take it easy all weekend.....we are both still coughing so just going to lay low. Plus she has homework to catch up on......

I am sewing a new purse! I've had the pattern forever (bought off etsy, it is a messenger bag) so cut out some of the pieces last nite. Will hopefully work on it more this weekend. I'll be sure to post a pic.

Hope everyone is well! So many have dropped out of our tote posts, hope they are just participating in others!

Mama K

Looking forward to seeing your new purse! Hope you can get that nasty cough to go away! :hug

good morning everyone,

I have been busy with trying to keep up in school and working. I have been charge nurse lately and wow sometimes it can be overwhelming. I was very flattered the other day, a family asked me if I had ever thought of doing private care because they would like for me to continue being their fathers nurse after he is discharged. :eek it was a moment that will stick with me because he was a very challenging pt. but they said i always came in the room with a smile and treated him with dignity. it made me think that maybe i am doing something right.

anyways I have had crochet ADD lately. I cant stay focused on anything. I have started no less than 5 project and none are anywhere being finished.

How nice to know that you are in the right field! As for crochet ADD, welcome to the club! :lol

We're going to HL sometime today! I really need to find some yarn to go with the yarn I already have for the shawler. Hopefully I can find something that won't be too expensive.

Well, our 70 degree weather is gone, it's 42 now. It was nice not having to wear a coat for a couple of day!

Everyone have a great day!!

Hope you have a great time at HL!!!! I'm sure you'll find something that works!

Some of us are just lurking in the background!!

Here's a bag I did last month. Just finally got pix off the camera.

Fantastic bag!!!!

I'm still here too, just not much to say. I am on other threads too

:hi

Mona- that's a beautiful tote!!!!

Haven't done much crocheting today (actually haven't done any:lol) Ran errands, stopped that ACM and Michael's just because I love going there- The only thing I bought was an "f" hook and a mill end bag of pretty robins' egg blue yarn- I loved the color!!!

Then I did the dreaded grocery shopping and laundry! All done now!! :)

My friend who had the baby recently asked me if I could make her and her DD a lip balm holder- she sent me a pic and I found the pattern on Rav here and it calls for an F hook--which I didn't have--any excuse to go the craft stores:lol:lol I think I may make a few of these since I bought tons of Peaches N'Cream at the Dollar Store a few months ago!!!

Cute lip balm holder! And nice excuse to go shopping! :lol

Love the colours:cheer

I'm still around too, must make some more of these totes:hook

Good to "see" you!

Glad to hear from several of you! Nice to hear (and see!) all the projects! The bag, the scarf, all wonderful!

I sewed today! Worked on my new purse......I did also put the lining in the new Tic Tac Tote I made with another Mosaic colorway.....I'll try to get a pic up tomorrow!

We stayed in ALL day! Hope it helps us get well!

Well, off to get her ready for bed. Thanks for checking in all of you!

Mama K

Oh, here's the scarf I made with the mosaic yarn. I almost forgot to show you, I was so excited about my Joann's order! :lol

turned out beautiful! Love the self striping

Sorry, just in a funk I can't seem to escape.

:turtle:vheart

:hug:hug

Sorry, just in a funk I can't seem to escape.

:turtle:vheart

:hug:hug:hug

Glad to hear from several of you! Nice to hear (and see!) all the projects! The bag, the scarf, all wonderful!

I sewed today! Worked on my new purse......I did also put the lining in the new Tic Tac Tote I made with another Mosaic colorway.....I'll try to get a pic up tomorrow!

We stayed in ALL day! Hope it helps us get well!

Mama K

Hope your sewing time was good "healing" therapy and you feel better tomorrow! :hug

I finally got around to weaving in the ends of the spiders and cobwebs afghan and SBT that are birthday presents for my best friend. The rainy day made for good crocheting time.

Beautiful afghan! Love the SBT too!

turned out beautiful! Love the self striping

:hug:hug

Thank you! :hug

Sue - :hug:hug:hug:hug

Ann - could be your meds making you sleepy. Hopefully you'll get some crocheting time in soon.

Mama K - hope staying in helped today. Sounds like you busy sewing!

greyhoundgrandma - beautiful afghan and tote! Glad you got all the ends done!

Joanne - glad you had a good day today! Any day is a good day when you get to go yarn shopping! :lol

We did get to HL today. I got some more yarn, not the same kind but found something that would blend with it. It was more than I normally would spend but I used my gift card for it. I also found the knooking kit (with 3 hooks) and instruction book. I'm looking forward to trying to learn that.

Also got GS a huge puzzle of a firetruck. He's gotten 3 pieces of it put together so far. He'll have to work more on it tomorrow.

Well, I'm gonna start on my new project! Have a great evening!

Oh, here's the scarf I made with the mosaic yarn. I almost forgot to show you, I was so excited about my Joann's order! :lol

I love the scarf!

I sewed today! Worked on my new purse......I did also put the lining in the new Tic Tac Tote I made with another Mosaic colorway.....I'll try to get a pic up tomorrow! Can't wait to see the pictures

We stayed in ALL day! Hope it helps us get well! Hopefully resting, sewing, staying in side and relaxing is what you and Baby K to finally kick this thing and feel better!!:hug

Mama K

I finally got around to weaving in the ends of the spiders and cobwebs afghan and SBT that are birthday presents for my best friend. The rainy day made for good crocheting time.
Absolutely beautiful--and don't you just love the idea of an afghan with matching SBT??:manyheart

Sue - :hug:hug:hug:hug

Ann - could be your meds making you sleepy. Hopefully you'll get some crocheting time in soon.

Mama K - hope staying in helped today. Sounds like you busy sewing!

greyhoundgrandma - beautiful afghan and tote! Glad you got all the ends done!

Joanne - glad you had a good day today! Any day is a good day when you get to go yarn shopping! :lol

We did get to HL today. I got some more yarn, not the same kind but found something that would blend with it. It was more than I normally would spend but I used my gift card for it. I also found the knooking kit (with 3 hooks) and instruction book. I'm looking forward to trying to learn that.

Also got GS a huge puzzle of a firetruck. He's gotten 3 pieces of it put together so far. He'll have to work more on it tomorrow.

Glad you finally made it to HL and it's nice when you spend $ that didn't come out of your pocket!! Hope you enjoyed starting your new project!!!

I made a couple of the lip balm holders and finished the Mosaic scarf. Just went to take pics and the battery is dead so it's charging now!!

Edit: = I forget to say

:cheerGo Giants!!:cheer

:cheer Glad you finally got to HL!!! Looking forward to seeing pics of your project when it's done!

I love the scarf!

I made a couple of the lip balm holders and finished the Mosaic scarf. Just went to take pics and the battery is dead so it's charging now!!

Edit: = I forget to say

:cheerGo Giants!!:cheer

Thanks! Darn camera! Looking forward to seeing the pics! Oh, and GO PATRIOTS!!!! :cheer:lol

Good morning all! Hugs to those that need them!

We may venture out today, but if not, lots of resting or at least quiet activities! Still blowing blowing blowing! This is the longest head cold I've ever had! So we are just taking it easy. May go to Joanns today since we never went out yesterday......and I have mileage money that is just 'fun' money sooooooo if I buy yarn or fabric, it is like medicine, right?

Take care all my girls!

Mama K

Good morning all! Hugs to those that need them!

We may venture out today, but if not, lots of resting or at least quiet activities! Still blowing blowing blowing! This is the longest head cold I've ever had! So we are just taking it easy. May go to Joanns today since we never went out yesterday......and I have mileage money that is just 'fun' money sooooooo if I buy yarn or fabric, it is like medicine, right?

Take care all my girls!

Mama K

It's the best kind of medicine! :lol Hope you have fun at Joanns!

Just posted the new mosaic bag over at show and tell - go there to see the inside with lining. Here is the outside. LOVE it!

Just saw it in Show and Tell! It's beautiful!!!

Just posted the new mosaic bag over at show and tell - go there to see the inside with lining. Here is the outside. LOVE it!

Love the stripes. Next time I give in to a JoAnn sale it's going to include some mosaic yarn.

AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL:clap I can't come up with enough wonderful adjectives to describe just how stunning this tote is!!!! WOOT!!!!!!

:manyheart

Some pics of the lip balm holders and the scarf made with Mosaic yarn---not exactly totes- but these are what I've been working on!:lol

The lip balm holders are really cute! And the scarf is soooo pretty!!!! I didn't like working with the Mosaic, but the colorways are gorgeous! :clap

Archived