crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sue love the pic!!

Tonya- Glad you made it through class!!! Do you have to work tonight?

In for the night-watching football! We saw the end of the exiting 49ers/Saints game. Went out for dinner tonight and tomorrow we're staying in after we go for brunch ==I started a scarf- found out that my DD's roomie's birthday is next week--so I'll give it to her. She has no idea I'm making it for her! She loved the hat- and we all wore our warm hats out tonight!

thankfully my weekends are sat, and sunday so if I work friday night I dont work sat. night. otherwise I would not have taken a sat. class. so in other words no I have tonight and tomorrow off so I can sleep once I get a page of homework done. and then tomorrow is homework all day. I have to get ahead so I dont have to worry about it as much during the week.

thanks to all who answered my question. and sue i totally understsnd! we"would just have to be creative in describing what you look like :) (an example might be "i have brown eyes like chocolate"

i try to associate colors or scents

Morning All! Ok, who turned off the heat! It's 3, yes, I said 3 degrees outside! :wbrr My dear, sweet hubby came home on his break to walk the dog so I wouldn't have to go outside! :manyheart I will definitely be staying indoors and crocheting today! :lol Stay warm everyone!!! :hug

We are in the middle of remodeling at work. They put a window in the lab so people out in the gallery can see what we are doing. Our manager got some pictures of us working on a turtle (I'm pulling blood to do a glucose check). Thought you'd like to see.

[ATTACH]50213[/ATTACH]

:turtle:vheart

Great pic!!!

i made it through class, not sure how much spanish i picked up being so tired. but i got my points for being there and sat behind a really tall lady :lol

You probably picked up more than you realize, unless the tall lady was blocking some "air waves" in front of you! :lol

Sue love the pic!!

Tonya- Glad you made it through class!!! Do you have to work tonight?

In for the night-watching football! We saw the end of the exiting 49ers/Saints game. Went out for dinner tonight and tomorrow we're staying in after we go for brunch ==I started a scarf- found out that my DD's roomie's birthday is next week--so I'll give it to her. She has no idea I'm making it for her! She loved the hat- and we all wore our warm hats out tonight!

WOOHOO! Did you watch the Pats game?! :cheer I didn't "watch" it, but DH had it on. I was brushing my teeth when they got their last TD and he shouted! I jumped a foot! Poor Juno went running, she didn't know what was going on! :lol Sounds like you're having a nice time in Beantown. Of course DD's roomie loved her hat! You do wonderful work! I'm sure she'll love her scarf too!

thankfully my weekends are sat, and sunday so if I work friday night I dont work sat. night. otherwise I would not have taken a sat. class. so in other words no I have tonight and tomorrow off so I can sleep once I get a page of homework done. and then tomorrow is homework all day. I have to get ahead so I dont have to worry about it as much during the week.

Try to fit in some crochet time too. :hook

thanks to all who answered my question. and sue i totally understsnd! we"would just have to be creative in describing what you look like :) (an example might be "i have brown eyes like chocolate"

i try to associate colors or scents

Ooohhh, I like that idea! Eyes like chocolate! :lol

:wcold:wbrr:wgrin

Good morning!!!

It's 8 degrees here at DD's!

Ann- That was sweet of your DH to come home on his break to let Juno out:manyheart!! Yes, we watched the game, but to me, it wasn't that exciting! It was kind of lopsided-in the Patriots favor. The 49er's/Saints game was more fun~;) We watched the 4th quarter of that game and it was exciting right to the end!!!

DD was happy that the Pats won. Her bosses will be in a good mood on Tuesday!

Glad that our plans involve staying indoors for the majority of the day! We are going to brunch- but that is literally right around the corner!!!

Kuddles- Did you have a nice relaxing :crocheting day yesterday in Chi town? Did the snow stop?

Melani- After reading your post, we put on NCIS --I have so many episodes on DVR--and never seem to get the time to watch them!!!

Hugs to all- off to pour a cup of coffee!

Morning! Like some of you, BRRRRRR!

Yes Joanne we got a titch of snow yesterday but it was pretty, not the kind that stacked up! Baby K wanted desperately to go out and play in it, I wasn't up to it but told her yes for later today. She has a snow suit so SHE will be warm, unlike her Mama!

We are on day two of our three day weekend. Both her school and mine are closed tomorrow. At least we have an extra day!

Well happy crocheting everyone!

Mama K

Had a great day-out to brunch and then inside all day watching football and crocheting! I made a scarf, a cowl and worked on a baby blanket!

And best of all, my GIANTS won:clap:yay:clap

Sue- Pop must be as happy as I am!!!!!

:wcold:wbrr:wgrin

Good morning!!!

It's 8 degrees here at DD's!

Ann- That was sweet of your DH to come home on his break to let Juno out:manyheart!! Yes, we watched the game, but to me, it wasn't that exciting! It was kind of lopsided-in the Patriots favor. The 49er's/Saints game was more fun~;) We watched the 4th quarter of that game and it was exciting right to the end!!!

DD was happy that the Pats won. Her bosses will be in a good mood on Tuesday!

Glad that our plans involve staying indoors for the majority of the day! We are going to brunch- but that is literally right around the corner!!!

Kuddles- Did you have a nice relaxing :crocheting day yesterday in Chi town? Did the snow stop?

Melani- After reading your post, we put on NCIS --I have so many episodes on DVR--and never seem to get the time to watch them!!!

Hugs to all- off to pour a cup of coffee!

:lol Glad you had fun!! I ended up not getting to watch much of the marathon... we went to our former neighbor's for the birthday cake and ice cream and ended up there until nearly 9:00 PM, so there were only a couple more episodes on by then!! :hug

Hi All, we've had a busy weekend. Oldest GS was 7 yesterday--so we went out to breakfast, he picked the place--Cracker Barrel, so he could pick out a birthday present :), then we had to make his cake. He decided on cupcakes, so we decorated them and then got to open his presents and then eat the cupcakes and ice cream. He then went home with momma cause he had a friend coming to spend the night.

But they are both here again tonight--both of them called (first the little one, and a couple of hours later, the oldest one called) to come and stay here. So my morning will be really busy as oldest GS has to be ready by 7:30 to go to school. I have to work as well (I don't get this holiday off, and apparently his school doesn't close for it either).

So all of you who are off tomorrow - enjoy your day!!

Ann, stay warm and stay inside crocheting!!

Joanne - hope you have a great time with DD and be safe going back home.

Sue - cool picture!

Mama K - enjoy your day off tomorrow. Hope you get to stay in where it's nice and warm!

Tonya - Sounds like a busy semester for you--I know you're looking forward to FL.

Well, I'd better get busy and get things finished up so I can go to bed. I almost have the RR done, just one more round!!

Enjoy your long weekend everyone!

Hi All, we've had a busy weekend. Oldest GS was 7 yesterday--so we went out to breakfast, he picked the place--Cracker Barrel, so he could pick out a birthday present :), then we had to make his cake. He decided on cupcakes, so we decorated them and then got to open his presents and then eat the cupcakes and ice cream. He then went home with momma cause he had a friend coming to spend the night.

But they are both here again tonight--both of them called (first the little one, and a couple of hours later, the oldest one called) to come and stay here. So my morning will be really busy as oldest GS has to be ready by 7:30 to go to school. I have to work as well (I don't get this holiday off, and apparently his school doesn't close for it either).

Ann, stay warm and stay inside crocheting!!

Joanne - hope you have a great time with DD and be safe going back home.

Sue - cool picture!

Mama K - enjoy your day off tomorrow. Hope you get to stay in where it's nice and warm!

Tonya - Sounds like a busy semester for you--I know you're looking forward to FL.

Well, I'd better get busy and get things finished up so I can go to bed. I almost have the RR done, just one more round!!

:hug My kids don't get the day off tomorrow, either. It's an early release day, though, so they'll be home before lunch! :lol

Good Morning! Well, nothing I touched with a hook worked out yesterday. Everything went to the frog pond! :( I'm hoping for a better day today. I hope all of you had better crochet days! :hook Enjoy the extra day off for those of you that don't have to work today! Those of you that do.... :hug

Belated happy birthday to your dgs! Sorry you have to work today. :hug

:hug My kids don't get the day off tomorrow, either. It's an early release day, though, so they'll be home before lunch! :lol

An "almost day off"! :cheer:lol

Good morning!

Ann- Hope that you don't have to make any trips to the Frog Pond today!!! Nothing is as frustrating when you have to make repeated trips there!!!

Sherry- Belated Happy Birthday to your DGS!!! Hope your morning goes well and that everyone gets where they need to be on time!

Melani- Sounds like a fun day despite not seeing all of the NciS episodes. Enjoy your 1/2 day off today!

It's cold here again today- but going to be warmer than yesterday so that's a good thing. Coffee is ready so off I go!!!

Have a good day-

Good Morning! Well, nothing I touched with a hook worked out yesterday. Everything went to the frog pond! :( I'm hoping for a better day today. I hope all of you had better crochet days! :hook Enjoy the extra day off for those of you that don't have to work today! Those of you that do.... :hug

Belated happy birthday to your dgs! Sorry you have to work today. :hug

An "almost day off"! :cheer:lol

:hug My crochet day wasn't bad yesterday, even though it started after 1:00 AM!! LOL Do you know what the worst part of a half day for me is? They always do the first half! So I still have to get up and take the kids to school, and today I have to go get them and feed them lunch! :lol I'm not seeing this as a half day off! :manyheart If it were, I would have been able to sleep in this morning... :tired

Good morning!

Ann- Hope that you don't have to make any trips to the Frog Pond today!!! Nothing is as frustrating when you have to make repeated trips there!!!

Sherry- Belated Happy Birthday to your DGS!!! Hope your morning goes well and that everyone gets where they need to be on time!

Melani- Sounds like a fun day despite not seeing all of the NciS episodes. Enjoy your 1/2 day off today!

It's cold here again today- but going to be warmer than yesterday so that's a good thing. Coffee is ready so off I go!!!

Have a good day-

Thanks, Joanne! See above regarding a half day "off"... :lol

I'm taking Arielle to get her some basketball shoes today. :yay She'll be happy! :yes

Pretty soon, I'm going to go to my crochet corner and see about getting some more squares finished/started & finished. :D

And best of all, my GIANTS won:clap:yay:clap

Sue- Pop must be as happy as I am!!!!!

Pop is thrilled. I was happy to see NE crush Denver. I am NOT a Tebow fan. :D

Morning! and thanks Sherry for the good thoughts about today!

Heat wave coming....going to be above freezing here today, rain later turning to ..... freezing rain over nite! What the what??? Sigh....

Baby K and I will head out early to run to Walmart for a few things then over to Joanns to get some fusible fleece on sale for my sewing and oh yeah, guess I should use my 50% coupon on some....yarn!

Have a great day all!

Mama K

Good Morning Everyone!!! I haven't posted in this thread for a while, and was glad to see that most everyone is still around. I don't know why, but I seem to have lost a good deal of my computing and crocheting time and it just keeps getting worse!!!

Oh well, it looks to be an interesting day around here. ds and his fiancee went to labor and delivery last night and they kept them in the hospital. She was only a two, but she had contractions coming every 5 minutes since 3:30 yesterday morning and was bleeding. We are waiting now to hear what the dr decides to do. She is five days overdue now and already had an induction scheduled for 5:30 tomorrow morning. I am about to get dressed and head to the hospital myself. Maybe the little guy will make his appearance today.

Oldest GS was 7 yesterday

Happy Belated Birthday to your GS!!! It's a shame that he didn't get the day off - we did here, but NOT for the holiday. It is a "teacher's conference day". I don't care. I didn't have to get up at 5:30 to go start that freezing cold bus. I'm happy!!! :lol

Enjoy your day as well! :hug

I know what you mean! That is sooooo frustrating! I did my share of frogging yesterday as well, but finally managed to make some progress on the potholder I was making before passing out shortly after 1:00am. I hope you have a much better hooking day today!!! :hug

:hug My crochet day wasn't bad yesterday, even though it started after 1:00 AM!! LOL Do you know what the worst part of a half day for me is? They always do the first half! So I still have to get up and take the kids to school, and today I have to go get them and feed them lunch! :lol I'm not seeing this as a half day off! :manyheart If it were, I would have been able to sleep in this morning... :tired

Wouldn't school be a lot better if it started about 10:30am and ran until around 5:00pm?!? :lol

Heat wave coming....going to be above freezing here today, rain later turning to ..... freezing rain over nite! What the what??? Sigh....

Baby K and I will head out early to run to Walmart for a few things then over to Joanns to get some fusible fleece on sale for my sewing and oh yeah, guess I should use my 50% coupon on some....yarn!

Have a great day all!

Mama K

A heat wave and yarn shopping all in one day?!? I'm so jealous!!! :lol :lol :lol :lol

Stay warm and enjoy your new yarn!!! :hug

Good Morning Everyone!!! I haven't posted in this thread for a while, and was glad to see that most everyone is still around. I don't know why, but I seem to have lost a good deal of my computing and crocheting time and it just keeps getting worse!!!

Oh well, it looks to be an interesting day around here. ds and his fiancee went to labor and delivery last night and they kept them in the hospital. She was only a two, but she had contractions coming every 5 minutes since 3:30 yesterday morning and was bleeding. We are waiting now to hear what the dr decides to do. She is five days overdue now and already had an induction scheduled for 5:30 tomorrow morning. I am about to get dressed and head to the hospital myself. Maybe the little guy will make his appearance today.

Happy Belated Birthday to your GS!!! It's a shame that he didn't get the day off - we did here, but NOT for the holiday. It is a "teacher's conference day". I don't care. I didn't have to get up at 5:30 to go start that freezing cold bus. I'm happy!!! :lol

Enjoy your day as well! :hug

I know what you mean! That is sooooo frustrating! I did my share of frogging yesterday as well, but finally managed to make some progress on the potholder I was making before passing out shortly after 1:00am. I hope you have a much better hooking day today!!! :hug

Wouldn't school be a lot better if it started about 10:30am and ran until around 5:00pm?!? :lol

A heat wave and yarn shopping all in one day?!? I'm so jealous!!! :lol :lol :lol :lol

Stay warm and enjoy your new yarn!!! :hug

:hi Great to hear from you!! Absolutely, a school schedule of 10:30 to 5 works great for me! LOL Keep us posted on your new delivery... :):manyheart I was scheduled for inducement with my first son on Monday, the 27th of July 1992, and went into labor the Friday night before. He was born Saturday night, finally, after they finally decided to go ahead and induce me!! (By the way, my due date was the 10th, so yeah, I was kind of ready for him to go ahead and be born already!) :hug

Good morning!

Have a good day-

So far, so good! No trips to the frog pond yet! :yay Did you finish the scarf?

I'm taking Arielle to get her some basketball shoes today. :yay She'll be happy! :yes

Pretty soon, I'm going to go to my crochet corner and see about getting some more squares finished/started & finished. :D

Yeah, that doesn't seem like much of a day off! :lol Have fun shoe shopping and hope you get some of those squares made!!! :hook:hug

Pop is thrilled. I was happy to see NE crush Denver. I am NOT a Tebow fan. :D

:cheer

Have a great day all!

Mama K

Oooohhh, come pick me up please! I want to go to Joanns too! :lol

I've given up on the patterns I was trying yesterday and started a potholder. That seems to be coming along well! I guess that's what the yarn wanted to be! :lol Good luck to ds and his fiancee! Keep us updated! :yay

well out to work outside for awhile. Not to bad..except it's 16 degrees outside.

Finished more divine hats for chemo patients over the weekend. Have to figure out what kind of edging I want on a prayer shawl I'm making. The edging the pattern calls for doesn't look good to me. It's the half moon shawl if anyone else has ever made it with an alternative edging...let me know if you have!

Off to the great outdoors....

Christie- Good to hear from you!!! Hope by now DS's fiance had your grandson!!!

Glad to hear your yarn decided that it wanted to be a potholder Ann!!!:lol Yes, I finished the scarf and gave it to DD to give to her roomie on her actual birthday. She'll be surprised that it was for her. She saw me working on it, but has no idea I was making it for her!!!

Melani- I am an early morning person so I don't think I would have liked school hours that started at 10--I'm much more productive in the morning- then I have a little crash in the afternoon--and then I get a second burst of energy in the evening.

Kuddles--So, what yarn did you buy? Inquiring minds NEED to know:devil

I was glad that NE won too Sue--I'd love a re-match of Giants/Pats in the Superbowl--but first, Giants need to beat the niner's on Sunday!!!

:hi Great to hear from you!! Absolutely, a school schedule of 10:30 to 5 works great for me! LOL Keep us posted on your new delivery... :):manyheart I was scheduled for inducement with my first son on Monday, the 27th of July 1992, and went into labor the Friday night before. He was born Saturday night, finally, after they finally decided to go ahead and induce me!! (By the way, my due date was the 10th, so yeah, I was kind of ready for him to go ahead and be born already!) :hug

Wow! You really went late! I did that with my first child in February of 1990. She was 2 weeks late and went into distress. I wound up with an emergency c-section.

Well, anyway, no grandbaby yet! The contractions were going no where so they sent her home about 1:00 this afternoon and said for me to bring her back at 5:30 tomorrow morning for her scheduled induction. We will all be so glad when he is finally here! :D I will have my laptop with me at the hospital and will let you all know what is happening as I am able. :ghug

I've given up on the patterns I was trying yesterday and started a potholder. That seems to be coming along well! I guess that's what the yarn wanted to be! :lol Good luck to ds and his fiancee! Keep us updated! :yay

Sometimes we just have to listen to the yarn! :hook

Thank you for the well wishes! I will keep everyone informed. :)

well out to work outside for awhile. Not to bad..except it's 16 degrees outside.

Finished more divine hats for chemo patients over the weekend. Have to figure out what kind of edging I want on a prayer shawl I'm making. The edging the pattern calls for doesn't look good to me. It's the half moon shawl if anyone else has ever made it with an alternative edging...let me know if you have!

Off to the great outdoors....

:wbrr Stay warm!!!

Christie- Good to hear from you!!! Hope by now DS's fiance had your grandson!!!

Not yet, but definitely gonna happen soon! :D

finished a divine hat this morning. Didn't quite use up all the yarn...grrrr. I may have to start some kind of scrap 'ghan with the self striping yarn..maybe with black..maybe a RR. Since the self striping yarn is different than say rhss I don't think it would look good added to my granny scrap 'ghan that uses the more standard ww yarn like rhss or caron pounders. But I have to do SOMETHING with these yarn ends. Not enough for another hat...

Went to walmart..bought more self striping yarn :lol for more hats for the cancer center. -8

wtd: -7

Archived