crochet tote addicts CAL

ducky73

Happy Holidays everyone. I hope you all have a peaceful, blessed weekend.:hug

I had to run out and finish some shopping since i decided i had made enough stuff. holy cow i was lucky to still be all in one piece at the end of it. people are nuts. stopped at the cemetery on the way home and put flowers on my aunts, grandma and grandpa's graves. no one else had so I am glad I did something. and I finally got the grave blankets made and delivered for my niece's and FIL. I make them for them every year. they are so expensive to just buy and I like to personalize them. I theme them differently every year.

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good evening all!

Have had a busy day - took GSs shopping for PaPa this morning and found just what they wanted. Came home and got the house cleaned up and ready for Santa to come and leave presents under the tree.

My great-nephew is also here and we made cookies this afternoon. I've made cookies for over 40 years and this is the same recipe I've always used--they are terrible. It was hard to get them off the pan. I guess I'll get butter (trying to be good and keep the calories down) but I guess the margarine just isn't the same anymore. I noticed it has the percentage of oil and it's 53 instead of 62. That's the only thing we can think of. Anyone else had problems?

Well I guess I'd better go. We're getting ready to go back out shopping and get it all finished so I don't have to go anywhere tomorrow!

Sue - glad you're feeling better.

Ann - thanks for the recipe. I just may try it.

Everyone enjoy your Christmas holiday and time with family!

Ann -

Ann: I hope the weather is good for your trip!

Still not quite better yet, but getting there...slowly. :) I work all day tomorrow and 1/2 a day on Christmas. It's what you have to do when you take care of animals. Then it's dinner with my parents and my weekend starts! Suppose to go shopping with Jana on Monday (trifecta of craft stores and lunch!). Tuesday if I'm up to it we will go to Sea World.

:turtle:vheart

Now the weather is supposed to be fairly good, so I have my fingers crossed, lol! I hope your work day goes smoothly tomorrow and Sunday and you feel good enough to go shopping with Jana! Oooohh, and Sea World! Woot!

Happy Holidays everyone. I hope you all have a peaceful, blessed weekend.:hug

I had to run out and finish some shopping since i decided i had made enough stuff. holy cow i was lucky to still be all in one piece at the end of it. people are nuts. stopped at the cemetery on the way home and put flowers on my aunts, grandma and grandpa's graves. no one else had so I am glad I did something. and I finally got the grave blankets made and delivered for my niece's and FIL. I make them for them every year. they are so expensive to just buy and I like to personalize them. I theme them differently every year.

It's so nice of you to bring flowers to the cemetary. I used to do it every year, but can't get there any more. It's sad that no one remembers.

Good evening all!

Have had a busy day - took GSs shopping for PaPa this morning and found just what they wanted. Came home and got the house cleaned up and ready for Santa to come and leave presents under the tree.

My great-nephew is also here and we made cookies this afternoon. I've made cookies for over 40 years and this is the same recipe I've always used--they are terrible. It was hard to get them off the pan. I guess I'll get butter (trying to be good and keep the calories down) but I guess the margarine just isn't the same anymore. I noticed it has the percentage of oil and it's 53 instead of 62. That's the only thing we can think of. Anyone else had problems?

Well I guess I'd better go. We're getting ready to go back out shopping and get it all finished so I don't have to go anywhere tomorrow!

Sue - glad you're feeling better.

Ann - thanks for the recipe. I just may try it.

Everyone enjoy your Christmas holiday and time with family!

It must have been fun shopping with the gs's! I love baking cookies with the grandkids too! I don't have any suggestions about the butter though. I usually go with margarine myself. I have been told it makes "inferior cookies", LOL! (she never got any more of my cookies! :lol

Hi everyone.

Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays

:hug

Happy Holidays to you too! :hug

:sheepxmas:ctree:santa

Ho Ho Ho!!! Merry Christmas Eve!!!! Hope you all have a wonderful holiday! My son-in-law is working today and tomorrow -he works 2p-10p- At least my GS won't know the difference this year. Next year Christmas falls on his day off so he'll be home for it. :)

Sue- You asked how I lined the SBT's by sort of following the tutorial here: http://www.futuregirl.com/craft_blog/2008/1/tutorial-sew-lining-for-crocheted-bag.aspx

I hand stitched the lining in around the top It really makes them look great! Of course didn't take a picture with the lining in, but I have mine that I kept for me with the lining-

post-27163-13589772083_thumb.jpg

I hand stitched the lining in around the top It really makes them look great! Of course didn't take a picture with the lining in, but I have mine that I kept for me with the lining-

Here are the pics of my first tote, made for daughter.

it turned out nice :)

Both look fantastic!

Baby K and I are following Santa on norad....he is in Russia right now! Woot!

Baby K has a virus, woke up with temp of 101.8! Meds, went down, but on the climb again! Guess we'll be staying home tonite instead of the family party!

Mama Kuddles

Merry Christmas Eve Everyone! :ctree

We had our family get-to-gether today and it was so nice! The kids were so excited to open their presents and loved their hats! Little Ashlyn (2 1/2 yrs) was adorable. She kept saying "it's a Kitty hat!" :lol DH is now sleeping and will be going in to work for 11pm, so it's back to normal for us. We don't have anything special planned for tomorrow. He'll get home and sleep to be ready to go back to work tomorrow night. Maybe I'll start packing away all the yarn that's spread out all over the house from my Christmas projects! :lol Oh, did I mention that my DIL asked me if I was interested in making 10 dog blankets for her sister's new puppies? :eek Sure, Of course I'll do it! :hook:lol

Joanne, love the lining in your SBT!!!!

Laurel, your SBT in beautiful!!! :clap

Mama K, hope Baby K feels better! :hug

Hey Gang! So good to read all of you... :) We had an awesome Christmas Eve celebration here, and we are all set and ready for Christmas morning... This is the first year we've gotten all the Christmas prep done this early; we were all done with everything before 2:00 AM!!! Woot!

Okay, it's after 3 now, so I'm going to be heading to bed soon. I'm glad those of you that have had get togethers already had good times, and I wanted to wish everyone a Very Merry Christmas!!! :hug:ghug All around... :D

Good morning and Happy Day after Christmas!

Had a wonderful day yesterday! DH totally surprised me by giving me a Pandora bracelet with charms! The bracelet is too big, but they told him, it can easily be exchanged. He also got me the Nook Simple Touch. :). He was very happy with his new coat and new clothes I got him and even (gasp) went to his closet and packed up some things to bring to Goodwill!

My middle DD gave me one of her pieces of artwork and a pictorial book on baseball ballparks. My youngest DD, SIL and GS gave me a NY Giants Lawrence Taylor Jersey!! It is awesome! My oldest DD gave me a yarn winder! I was truly blessed with such wonderful gifts!

I started a hat last evening for my step GS and will finish that up today too and get it in the mail tomorrow.

Going to go have some coffee and then get ready for our shopping excursion

Later on will be some "hooking" time!!!

Good Morning All!

Hope you are all well this day after Christmas. I "splurged" yesterday and ate a Christmas cookie, so I'm not having such a good tummy day today. (yeah, I know better, but it was Christmas!) :santa It's over, it's done, move on! :). My godson called yesterday to say that he'd be stopping by in a few days with his mom to drop off my present. Guess I'd better get busy and finish her gift! It's still sitting on my needles only 1/3 way done! :eek At least his gift is done! :lol Boy, I've never been this late before! UGH! I'm hoping for more motivation in the new year! :lol Have a great day everyone! :hug

Joanne, sounds like you had a great Christmas! Those are some mighty nice presents you got! :clap Have a great time shopping!

Sue, hope you're feeling good enough to meet up with Jana today!

Mama K, doing anything special today?

Holiday Hugs to all :hug:hug:hug

Good morning! Ann/Joanne, sounds like you had a good day yesterday (yeah Ann, sometimes we just gotta do something we shouldn't!) as did Baby K and I! She is over the moon with her gifts! And the fact she doesn't have to go back to school for two weeks!

Today? Hanging around the house, trying to get it cleaned up a bit.......I do NOT go out with the shoppers.......it's a zoo out there!

Love to all!

Mama Kuddles

Good morning! Bruce got me the original EdgeryDoo (I have the 12" square) and can't wait to try it out! He also got me a new fish tank. My other 2 have turtles in them, but I wanted to have a FISH tank. :)

Meeting Jana in about 2 hours for some shopping and lunch. Tomorrow we head to Sea World. :)

Slept really well last night...finally. Still have a congested cough, but it only comes and goes.

Joanne, the thought of LT still gives this Redskin chills. :eek

:hug to all!

:turtle:vheart

Good Morning All!

Sounds like everyone had a great Christmas. Ours was really good and a lot of fun. The boys got guitars and they did a concert for us yesterday. It was really cute.

I got a $50 gift card to Walmart, new scarf and gloves (Grandsons picked them out). Oldest GS made everyone necklaces out of pony beads (yes, we all wore them). DH gave me money to shop with, and I got a movie and a cd I've been wanting.

The girls loved their SBTs, loaded them up with their presents and took them home. GSs really like them too.

Mama K - hope Baby K is feeling better. Glad she had a great Christmas.

Sue - Wow, a new fish tank!! Glad you're feeling better.

Ann - glad you had a good day!

My sink stopped up yesterday morning, so I've not been able to do dishes. Have to go get some stuff today to get it unstopped.

Well, I'd better get ready, boys are up and we need to get going. At least I"m off today!!! Only a 3 day week this week!

Enjoy your day!!

Archived