Peaches & Creme

upc2000

the walmart near me still has it---or did last week. also i just ordered some from the website and they have a notice that prices are going up. so somehow i guess it is still in production, even though the Pisgah company was bought out.

we stilll have scads of peach's here at my wallys but the cone price has just rocketed up over a buck or more didn't check out the small skein prices as I had just done some major damage at micheals 1 buck a skein sugar n cream..think I will stock up on some cones next trip just in case :(

Not quite sure, but it looks like they are only going to discontinue everything but the ww and double. They have all the rest down to 70% off. Yeah prices did go up, but it is still cheaper than Sugar and Cream cones.:hook

Don't know about Walmart, as mine stopped carrying it long ago.:angry

Over on the Peaches & Creme forum, the lady who worked at Pisgah for years says that she was told that Spinrite was discontinuing the double-worsted. It's a shame, if that's true - as no one else makes a double-worsted cotton. It doesn't make sense that Spinrite would discontinue it, but that's what they told her. :(

The 980 (double-worsted) IS marked down 70% -- cones are only $2.66 or something like that now (what colors they have left of it - it's selling out fairly quickly....) The 930 (regular cotton worsted) is the one & only product not being reduced.

AFAIK, that doesn't mean that Spinrite is discontinuing everything - but the sale of the company may not have included all of the existing product already on hand, so Pisgah may be just trying to recover what they can out of the existing stock before Spinrite takes over altogether. I don't know.....??? I just wish the double-worsted wasn't being discontinued...

I was just in my local wal-mart earlier this evening. The small skeins that used to be $1.47 are now priced at $1.77. The cones used to be $6.97, now priced as $7.97 . Not sure if it is just the yarn going up or a case of roll-backitis..... every time wal-mart announces "hundreds of rollbacks" not long after you start seeing rollups all over the store.

My Walmart doesn't carry Peaches and Cream. They barely carry yarn. I get aggravated every time I go in there; just can't help but remember how much yarn that they used to carry.

I was just in my local wal-mart earlier this evening. The small skeins that used to be $1.47 are now priced at $1.77. The cones used to be $6.97, now priced as $7.97 . Not sure if it is just the yarn going up or a case of roll-backitis..... every time wal-mart announces "hundreds of rollbacks" not long after you start seeing rollups all over the store.

The increasing cost of cotton was one of the driving forces putting them out of business.

Archived