ManfaMae

Patterns for Cotton Projects

Question

I bought a pack of three skeins of Sugar N' Cream yarn- 12 oz "Mod Twists", 12 oz "Mod Ombre" and 14 oz solid "Mod Blue". I loved the colors in the store, but it was purely an impulse buy and I have no idea what to do with it now. The only thing I've ever made with cotton is dishcloths and I really don't want to make a bunch of dishcloths. I checked out the Sugar N' Cream website's free patterns, but since the package was three different colors, I'm having a tough time figuring out what to make. Does anyone have any ideas of what else I could make with cotton yarn?

Thanks!

Samantha

post-2534-135897638186_thumb.jpg

Edited by ManfaMae

9 answers to this question

The colors are very pretty! Here are just a few items to choose from:

tea cozy

placemats

yarn/project bag

beach bag

catch all basket

potholders

scarves

decorative pillows

The list goes on and on: Lion Brand is just one site that has several of these patterns.

Edited by ReniC
eta

I gave my cousin a bag like that and she made a beautiful granny square baby blanket. You can use the ombre and the blue. What ever you decide please post a pic, they are beautiful colors.

Hediye

A fellow crocheter has her baby blanket 1/2 done and ran out of yarn. She is ISO the “mod ombre” that's in your pack. Would you be interested in selling that skein?

Details on the label are:

Modele ombre

B# W230360

4 ply 12 ounce skein

It is a variegated blue, yellow, white green combo

I will gladly be the liaison should you be interested.

PM me any time and thanks for considering!

EagleEye

okay - so i went big. i have a bunch of bernat handicrafters cotton yarn - i am working ona checkafghan pattern that i found somewhere :) i am about 1/3 of the way through and its going to be a much lighterweight blanket than you would think :)

I bought a pack of three skeins of Sugar N' Cream yarn- 12 oz "Mod Twists", 12 oz "Mod Ombre" and 14 oz solid "Mod Blue". I loved the colors in the store, but it was purely an impulse buy and I have no idea what to do with it now. The only thing I've ever made with cotton is dishcloths and I really don't want to make a bunch of dishcloths. I checked out the Sugar N' Cream website's free patterns, but since the package was three different colors, I'm having a tough time figuring out what to make. Does anyone have any ideas of what else I could make with cotton yarn?

Thanks!

Samantha

granny cotton birp cloths?

Thanks, everyone, for your great suggestions! I have a friend that is expecting a baby this spring, so I think I have decided to do a granny square baby blanket with the cotton yarn.