Our House Part Two

JulieKay

Good morning everyone. It's partly sunny and partly cloudy at this point today. We had more rain in the night. Kim has a recheck at the doctor this afternoon. Her coumadin level was off last time, so they have to make sure that it's back where it should be. Shouldn't take long.

The AC is not making noise anymore!!! Thank goodness!!! The guy said there was a piece of metal vibrating against something- whatever it was, he fixed it and I sure hope it stays that way!!!!

Hooray! :yay Glad it was an easy, quick fix.

OK, getting ready to head upstairs and get my rear to bed. Up early for my drive and probably won't check in before leaving :think I'll probably check in while away though, but I ask for forgiveness in advance for any typos or 'text talk' since I'll be on my phone or nook and my fingers just go that way when I can't just type normally :lol

Have a safe trip. :hug

I'm just getting a chance to check in. I've started my organization project. I have 47 cubes on a wall. I'm sorting by colors. I'll post a picture once I'm done. Yarn is coming out of the wood work. Have a good night. Hope to check in earlier tomorrow.

Don't get buried in the yarn. Sounds wonderful to have that much space for the yarn.

Good morning and Happy Friday- 8 more hours of work and then I'm off for 10 days!!!

I started a SBT for Tammy last night- I just love this pattern and it is looking nice in the delft blue and soft white! I should have it in the mail when I return from Boston.

Time to get ready since there's always lots to do on the last day before vacation. Have a wonderful day everyone!

Have a wonderful time on vacation! What are you doing? Are you going somewhere? ENJOY!!!!:cheer

Morning everyone!

Yes bachelor buttons do grow here. And theyre happy to reseed themselves. Maybe I should add some to my hill..

Past 2 days have been very rainy. supposed to get more today. Hopefully the creeks will stay in the creeks instead of overflowing.

Hope the creeks behave themselves.

Have a great day! I'll catch you all later. :manyheart

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, ladies!

I'm just getting a chance to check in. I've started my organization project. I have 47 cubes on a wall. I'm sorting by colors. I'll post a picture once I'm done. Yarn is coming out of the wood work. Have a good night. Hope to check in earlier tomorrow.

Oh, how nice!! can't wait to see the pics!:cheer:clap

The AC is not making noise anymore!!! Thank goodness!!! The guy said there was a piece of metal vibrating against something- whatever it was, he fixed it and I sure hope it stays that way!!!!

Terrific news!

well, little Miss Lucy gained 11 pounds in less than a month. She's now 39 pounds. A guess on her future size: either she's into an early growth spurt and will slow down soon OR she's going to be 80 to 90 pounds!:eek

Wow

I dont know a blooming thing about dogs ,except which end to FEED, but that sounds like it will be one huge pup when grown up. Were the mom or dad really huge ,or did they look about normal sized ?

We didn't see her dad, but he's a K-9 working dog, so he can't be that small. Mom was small, we thought, even for a female....Lucy's coloring looks like mom, but there's no way to know what the final look and size will be:lol

Sparkie took after his dad 100%....size and temperment...

Hello, Friends :waving

My family went on a holiday to my parents' time-share as soon as the girls wrapped-up the school year. We had a wonderful time with a lot of swimming, some hiking, a bit of playing at the playground, crafting, and then we discovered Food Network. I was in love! The girls watched with me, too, and we could not get enough of the cooking competitions and challenges in the evening. Upon our return home, I came down with a sinus and throat infection that I thought was going to 'do me in.' :sick DH was working out-of-town and the girls were having the grandest time at Vacation Bible School, but I was dragging, just to get them to town every night for their activities. I am happy to report that I have, finally, turned-the-bend and am feeling like myself, again. Was that ever a long road!!

How is everyone doing? I have read back through the posts, and I *think* I am caught up, again, but there is no way I am going to be able to comment to each of you before dinner this evening. DH flew home in the middle of this week, and that extra pair of hands is awfully nice to have around here :bheart We have been going back-and-forth, trying to find someplace to go, together, to celebrate our anniversary next week. I am leaning towards the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, but Door County, Wisconsin is not ruled out, either. Decisions, decisions :think Next Wednesday, Kyri and I are taking a class through Community Ed to learn to kayak -- keep your fingers crossed, please, that the weather cooperates, and that the sun shines to keep us warm that morning. After that, DH and I will head "somewhere" through the weekend. The girls look forward to spending the 4th of July holiday with my parents every year, as there are so many parades, gatherings and the big fireworks display over Lake Superior that night. They have told us that they would rather not vacation with us that weekend, so DH and I are free to go wherever our little hearts desire :lol

I have been crocheting quite a bit -- wool purse to be felted (yes, another one :blush), two nifty scarves out of Red Heart Curly Q yarn, and a baby romper using Bernat Coordinates (I ran out of yarn with only 3 rows remaining on the matching jacket :cry. I have visited 5 Jo-Ann and Wal-mart stores and 1 Michaels, and I cannot find another skein of the yarn, anywhere. The romper may have to be given as a shower gift next month on its own, if my luck does not improve here, soon.). Currently, I am working on a little sundress and pair of bloomers for my friend's daughter in Chicago. Said friend called me last week and asked if I could pinch-hit for her daycare provider for 10 days at the end of July. I was so thrilled to be asked, as I adore visiting my friend and her hubby, so, now, I am hustling to make a few goodies to bring her new DD.

I will be around more, now, that I feel well. I missed you all :ghug I'll chat more, later.

well, little Miss Lucy gained 11 pounds in less than a month. She's now 39 pounds. A guess on her future size: either she's into an early growth spurt and will slow down soon OR she's going to be 80 to 90 pounds!:eek

WOW!!!! :eek No wonder she thinks she's the Alpha people in your household. Sounds like she is going to be a really big girl.

Hello, Friends :waving

My family went on a holiday to my parents' time-share as soon as the girls wrapped-up the school year. We had a wonderful time with a lot of swimming, some hiking, a bit of playing at the playground, crafting, and then we discovered Food Network. I was in love! The girls watched with me, too, and we could not get enough of the cooking competitions and challenges in the evening. Upon our return home, I came down with a sinus and throat infection that I thought was going to 'do me in.' :sick DH was working out-of-town and the girls were having the grandest time at Vacation Bible School, but I was dragging, just to get them to town every night for their activities. I am happy to report that I have, finally, turned-the-bend and am feeling like myself, again. Was that ever a long road!!

Glad you are finally feeling better. :hug You've been missed.

How is everyone doing? I have read back through the posts, and I *think* I am caught up, again, but there is no way I am going to be able to comment to each of you before dinner this evening. DH flew home in the middle of this week, and that extra pair of hands is awfully nice to have around here :bheart We have been going back-and-forth, trying to find someplace to go, together, to celebrate our anniversary next week. I am leaning towards the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, but Door County, Wisconsin is not ruled out, either. Decisions, decisions :think Next Wednesday, Kyri and I are taking a class through Community Ed to learn to kayak -- keep your fingers crossed, please, that the weather cooperates, and that the sun shines to keep us warm that morning. After that, DH and I will head "somewhere" through the weekend. The girls look forward to spending the 4th of July holiday with my parents every year, as there are so many parades, gatherings and the big fireworks display over Lake Superior that night. They have told us that they would rather not vacation with us that weekend, so DH and I are free to go wherever our little hearts desire :lol

Good luck! :hug

I have been crocheting quite a bit -- wool purse to be felted (yes, another one :blush), two nifty scarves out of Red Heart Curly Q yarn, and a baby romper using Bernat Coordinates (I ran out of yarn with only 3 rows remaining on the matching jacket :cry. I have visited 5 Jo-Ann and Wal-mart stores and 1 Michaels, and I cannot find another skein of the yarn, anywhere. The romper may have to be given as a shower gift next month on its own, if my luck does not improve here, soon.). Currently, I am working on a little sundress and pair of bloomers for my friend's daughter in Chicago. Said friend called me last week and asked if I could pinch-hit for her daycare provider for 10 days at the end of July. I was so thrilled to be asked, as I adore visiting my friend and her hubby, so, now, I am hustling to make a few goodies to bring her new DD.

I will be around more, now, that I feel well. I missed you all :ghug I'll chat more, later.

Have a wonderful Anniversary get-away. You both deserve it. :clap :clap :clap

The angels are playing ninepins again here. Have a wonderful weekend everyone. :hug:manyheart:hug

:yay:clap:yay No more work for 10 days!!!:yay:clap:yay

Got home, and DH was looking at hotel prices- yes, we tend to do things last minute- so last minute change to the plans- I'm heading to Boston alone and going to visit DD by myself- leave early in the AM tomorrow and come back Monday when she leaves for work!

Then, on Tuesday, DH and I are going to head to Inner Harbor in Maryland where the hotel prices are so much more reasonable than Boston and spend a couple of days down there!

Did some laundry and cleaning when I got home and now all I have to do is pack up a few things!

Dusti- I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering how you were- and now I see that you have been very, very busy- and glad to hear you are now feeling better. Have fun with the kayaking- and fingers crossed for good weather! have a nice getaway with DH for your anniversary. Even though I am not the cook that you are, i do enjoy the Food Network shows!

Faille- glad you dropped in to do the questionnaire- hope all is well with you.

Judy- Sounds like Lucy may be a big dog!!:eek Hope she has been behaving and that you are feeling better each day!

Linda- Angels were bowling here too- on my way home from work, the rain was coming down in buckets and it's quite cool out. Glad we didn't hurry to open the pool this summer!!!

Marisa- Hope you are having fun at the ball game tonight...speaking of which, I just realized the Yankees are on!!!

WOW!!!! :eek No wonder she thinks she's the Alpha people in your household. Sounds like she is going to be a really big girl.

Sparkie still tops her at 110 pounds:lol though he's a gentl giant.

Joanne, my meds are helping, though it's still a bother...

And Little Miss Lucy is being dealt with more decisively so she'll get the idea. She's already acting a bit better. The thing to remember is any attention (such as when she's acting up) is better thannone in her opinion. So I just put her in her crate till she calms down.

Good morning ladies

A quick and quiet check in . Cam spent the night and is asleep in the next room,so trying to be quiet and not wake him .I went to bed early --was VERY tired for some reason. Papaw stayed up with him to watch Return of the Mummy ... He loves scarey movies, but I wont buy him any of the NEW scarey movies.. I buy him the black and white versions. Just dont think it's good for kids his age to watch any of the gorey stuff. I dont even like it ,and I am PLENTY old enough to watch it .

Anyhow, we had fun ,we played a new game last night which he enjoyed , had spaghetti for supper ( his request) ,so I think he had a good time . We never do EXCITING things here ,but he seems to like it ,he always calls asking to come back . He is sure funny .Makes me laugh a lot . He is turning into quite a character .

Our weather sounds a lot like some of you guys --we have had LOTS of rainy days .Yesterday was actually cold out in the morning,and didnt get very warm all day .

Didnt get much time to fiddle with my Knook project since Cam was here. He keeps me hopping. I think because I am always home alone all day and nothing that I have to do for anyone,so I just do what I want,when I want .

Dusti

Sorry you have been sick,but glad you are now feeling better. Sounds like you have some busy weeks coming up ! Good luck on the kayak lessons. I never tried that. We DID got canoeing a few times with the kids when they were younger,and did a lot of crashing onto the banks and trees,and also flipped it over a couple times, but it was fun .

Congrats on your anniversary coming up ! We had our 34th one a couple weeks ago .

Joanne

Great news that you are on vacation --hope you enjoy every minute of it .

Hi there Linda !

Keeping busy down your way ? And when did you say the big move is ? I think it was a ways off ,right ? I'd be so excited. I LOVE to move,although we never moved further than another house here in town . It'd be exciting to move to a whole new state .

Hi Faile

Good to hear from you ! Crewel is a form of embroidery -- it uses a little thicker-type thread,almost like thin yarn,and instead of making the X's like cross stitch, it's kinda like paint by number with yarn --filling in the blanks with colors .

I did some as a kid, but not even sure they still make the kits anymore ... If they dont have it at Walmart, I dont know about it,because I rarely go any further than that for craft supplies .

You all have a good day --gotta get my rear in gear .

Good morning all. Dropped niece and nephew off at work. I'm staying up even though I didn't go to bed until after 2am. I'm going to finish this yarn/wip project today!

Joanne - enjoy your vacation.

Linda - where and when are you moving? I would like to meet you in person before you go. It may be the only chance I have to meet a fellow house mate in person. We should be able to connect now that I'm not working.

Julie - Have fun with Cam.

Judy - Glad you're feeling better. Hopes recovery speeds up for you!

To all other housemates...have a great day.

Good morning my housefriends. It's overcast again today and it calls for rain and thunderstorms off and on all weekend.

Rosie is teaching another friend to quilt. I get to help a tiny bit now and then when she's at Rosie's and I'm not on duty with Kim. There was an error in the pattern she was using and I figured out to work around it. She is stumped on how to quilt it and I'v got an idea or two on what she could do. We may have a quilting gathering here at our house to work on it in the next week, which Kim would love.

I've had the book Andersonville for a week now and am a bit over 2/3 of the done with it. It's fascinating reading with very vivid characters. The inhumanity of the prison conditions makes for hard reading at times, but it's still spell binding.

:yay:clap:yay No more work for 10 days!!!:yay:clap:yay

Got home, and DH was looking at hotel prices- yes, we tend to do things last minute- so last minute change to the plans- I'm heading to Boston alone and going to visit DD by myself- leave early in the AM tomorrow and come back Monday when she leaves for work!

Then, on Tuesday, DH and I are going to head to Inner Harbor in Maryland where the hotel prices are so much more reasonable than Boston and spend a couple of days down there!

Did some laundry and cleaning when I got home and now all I have to do is pack up a few things!

Joanne, have a marvelous time on vacation. Both parts sound like lots of fun.:hug

Joanne, my meds are helping, though it's still a bother...

Glad to hear it! :hug

And Little Miss Lucy is being dealt with more decisively so she'll get the idea. She's already acting a bit better. The thing to remember is any attention (such as when she's acting up) is better than none in her opinion. So I just put her in her crate till she calms down.

Good for you!!!

Good morning ladies

A quick and quiet check in . Cam spent the night and is asleep in the next room,so trying to be quiet and not wake him .I went to bed early --was VERY tired for some reason. Papaw stayed up with him to watch Return of the Mummy ... He loves scarey movies, but I wont buy him any of the NEW scarey movies.. I buy him the black and white versions. Just dont think it's good for kids his age to watch any of the gorey stuff. I dont even like it ,and I am PLENTY old enough to watch it .

I hear you.

Anyhow, we had fun ,we played a new game last night which he enjoyed , had spaghetti for supper ( his request) ,so I think he had a good time . We never do EXCITING things here ,but he seems to like it ,he always calls asking to come back . He is sure funny .Makes me laugh a lot . He is turning into quite a character .

You may not do 'exciting' things, but you do 'special' things that center around Cam. Nothing can replace those happy quiet memories. They will color all his days as nothing else ever will. My children have those kinds of memories of their time with their Grandma Peg. They are priceless.

Hi there Linda !

Keeping busy down your way ? And when did you say the big move is ? I think it was a ways off ,right ? I'd be so excited. I LOVE to move,although we never moved further than another house here in town . It'd be exciting to move to a whole new state .

Always busy, it seems. We'll be moving some time next year, but there's lots to do in the mean time. Lots of sorting and disposing of things that won't fit in the new place since it will be much smaller than this house. Not my favorits part of moving, that's for sure. And moving to another state is much harder than moving within the same town. But being near their grandchildren and being a part of their lives as they grow up will be a good thing.

'morning, peeps! :hug

Jules that's so nice to hear Cam is over again:c9

Our back yard was turned over yesterday so we can have sod laid...but because of the rain it'll be on Tuesday. That's the same day my baby brother (he's 56) and his wife come to visit from NC! Oh, well...at least the yard will look good eventually. It's just a bit of a challenge with the pups.

Have a good day...I'm busy getting the guest room ready. Not sure if DB will fit on th ebed, even though they DID have a Queen bed till a few years ago.

He's 6'8"

He may end up on the floor somewhere. Good thing my side of the family is very casual:lol

Later, gators:hug:manyheart

Good morning all. Dropped niece and nephew off at work. I'm staying up even though I didn't go to bed until after 2am. I'm going to finish this yarn/wip project today!

Linda - where and when are you moving? I would like to meet you in person before you go. It may be the only chance I have to meet a fellow house mate in person. We should be able to connect now that I'm not working.

I'd love to meet with you. I don't have a lot of time off, but would be glad to have you come here. We'll be moving some time next year. Plenty of time to get together multiple times.

Our back yard was turned over yesterday so we can have sod laid...but because of the rain it'll be on Tuesday. That's the same day my baby brother (he's 56) and his wife come to visit from NC! Oh, well...at least the yard will look good eventually. It's just a bit of a challenge with the pups.

Have a good day...I'm busy getting the guest room ready. Not sure if DB will fit on th ebed, even though they DID have a Queen bed till a few years ago.

He's 6'8"

He may end up on the floor somewhere. Good thing my side of the family is very casual:lol

Later, gators:hug:manyheart

Oh my! He is one tall drink of water. Enjoy your time together.

Hey Val

Boy, you must be anxious to get your yarn organized to stay up that late working on it. And you must have a HUGE pile of it !

That'd be neat if you and Linda could meet up sometime. I bet you guys would have fun .

Linda

That's nice that you are finding some others to help with their quilting,and I bet Kim would love it if you had some of them in,she would be highly entertained with some new people in the house .

I bet it is a super big project to make a move that far. We moved several times to other houses on the same streets -- we lived in 3 houses on one street,and 2 houses on another . One time we moved to the house behind us, so we only had to cross the back yards to move . We thought it'd be an easy move, but it was a HUGE one .

I'm glad to hear the updates on Andersonville. That book has been on my TBR pile for many years ,but have never attempted it yet . It sounds very interesting and educational .

Jude

Wow, how'd you end up with such a whopper of a brother when you are such a tiny little thing ? Hope you have a great visit . How long will they be staying ?

Not much new to report here,except Cam is still here -- him and pap were out in the back shooting off rockets today,then I found them a pair of night-vision goggles at a yard sale,so they have been busy fiddling with them. It's pretty entertaining just watching the 2 of them .

I told Cam the goggles will be for our ghost hunt that so far hasnt happened. He promised we will go when the "big cousins" come,which are my girl's kids,coming next month. Not all of them will go,one is too small, one is too scared,but the others probably will .

I guess Cam thinks there will be safety in numbers. I'm just wondering how I can BAMBOOZLE the police chief into allowing that many of us to be in the graveyard after dark . He gave permission for me and Cam last year, but this one will be a bigger production. Cam wants Sam to come and take a film of it so we can watch ourselves on our tv,so it is turning into a pretty big venture ,with camera crew,actors, etc ....

By the way., we had another funny story in the paper today == in the police reports, a woman in the south end ( bad end of town ),woke up and discovered multiple pills laying all over her front yard and immediately called 911 .

She wanted to report that someone was trying to grow Viagra in her front yard .

F~U~N~N~Y ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~:lol

That's it for Hillbilly Village .....

1-All time favorite yarn , if cost was not an option ? Bamboo

2-Favorite hook size ? H

3- How many hooks would you say you have,and do you have any really old or unusual ones ?Probably around thirty

4-What is the last THREAD item you made ? snowflake

5- If you had a whole day off and had nothing else needing done, how many dishcloths could you complete in one day's time ?5 or 6

6- What stitch do you still have trouble mastering, or you just plain don't like to use it ? reverse single crochet!

7-What is the fastest time it took you to complete an afghan ? 3 months!LOL

8 - What color of yarn will you NEVER use again ??neon orange

9- Can you remember the cost of yarn when you first started buying it ,compared to now ?Hasn't really changed much

10-Have you ever done latch hook kits ,and if so,what did you make ( picture on it )Yep, when I was a kid, can't remenber what they were??????????

11- Did you ever do paint by numbers ? Loved them!

12- Do you know how to do crewel ? Not a clue

13 -For those who are really good at knitting AND crochet,which do you prefer doing ?

14 -What would you say is the color of yarn you used MOST ever ?teals

15- Have you ever designed your own pattern,and if so,what was it ?

nope

Good morning! Happy Saturday!!!!!

JULIE!!!!!!! It's great to have you back:hug

JUDY-Sounds like Lucy is learning who's boss!

JOANNE- :cheerfor days off!

Well, BF is due home in a couple of hours-so my "me" time is over!:lol Actually I kinda missed him so it'll be nice to have him home. Finally feeling almost myself again, my stomach is still a bit uncomfortable but other than that I'm good. Obviously my shoulder is still sore but that's to be expected. Not much else is new or exciting in my corner of the world, so I'll talk at you all later!

Have a fabulous weekend!:hug:manyheart

Jude

Wow, how'd you end up with such a whopper of a brother when you are such a tiny little thing ? Hope you have a great visit . How long will they be staying ?

my dad was 6'4", mom 5'3" or so...I have another brother who is 6'5". They take after Dad's Lithuanian side, me and my sister look like and take after our Polish mom. In oter words: we were behind the door when the height gene was handed out:lol

DB and SIL will be here Tuesday into late Thursday. It was supposed to be a business trip for SIL but the client postponed...but they're still coming....:)

Not much new to report here,except Cam is still here -- him and pap were out in the back shooting off rockets today,then I found them a pair of night-vision goggles at a yard sale,so they have been busy fiddling with them. It's pretty entertaining just watching the 2 of them .

I told Cam the goggles will be for our ghost hunt that so far hasnt happened. He promised we will go when the "big cousins" come,which are my girl's kids,coming next month. Not all of them will go,one is too small, one is too scared,but the others probably will .

I guess Cam thinks there will be safety in numbers. I'm just wondering how I can BAMBOOZLE the police chief into allowing that many of us to be in the graveyard after dark . He gave permission for me and Cam last year, but this one will be a bigger production. Cam wants Sam to come and take a film of it so we can watch ourselves on our tv,so it is turning into a pretty big venture ,with camera crew,actors, etc ....

Cam sounds like such a sweetheart

By the way., we had another funny story in the paper today == in the police reports, a woman in the south end ( bad end of town ),woke up and discovered multiple pills laying all over her front yard and immediately called 911 .

She wanted to report that someone was trying to grow Viagra in her front yard .

F~U~N~N~Y ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~:lol

That's it for Hillbilly Village .....

oh, geez!:lol

Well, I'm finishing up the surface stitching on the front pocket of the diaper bag, have the lining sides sewn, need to iron down the top and sew it in and WALA! it will be finished! It's been an interesting project to say the least. Finished another towel topper while at the mama's sitting with her so my sister could run errands and have some time out and away. Picked up the Angel Food packages I had ordered and shared with my mama and sister. So, that's been my weekend so far. Just getting the things on my list accomplished.

Got cabbage, carrots and potatoes in the fruit and veggie box I ordered. Hmmmmm...have nice big slice of ham....okay, everything into the crockpot, boiled dinner for supper. Just have to decide whether to make biscuits or cornbread to go with.

Hi Faile :wave

Dusti, good to see you and know you are feeling better. Enjoy your time away with DH.

Julie, sounds like you're having a good time with Cam, as usual.

Linda, we've been having house rattling, window shaking boomers here and lots and lots of much needed rain. Just wish the wind and lightening didn't come with it. But, I'm thankful anyway.

Where are you moving? So you will be moving with Kim and John?

The quilting bee sounds like a lot of fun. Wish I could still hand and machine quilt. :sigh But thankful I'm now able to see good enough again to start using my sewing machine.

Joanne, :yay:cheer:clap:woo VACATION!!! :woo:clap:cheer:yay

Wrennie, the creeks here are running strong. The Big one down the hill behind my house is over it's banks in some areas. Mostly the low farmlands. Sure hope your's behave!

Valerie, good to get something finished :clap No wonder you stayed up. I would too. Although, I always make mistakes if I'm tire :(

Judy, my family is very casual too, give them an air mattress or a futon or clean spot on the floor and they are good to go :rofl

To everyone else :hi and hope you are have a great weekend!

:hug everyone

Hi house mates----

I didn't go to Boston----I spoke with DD last night and she talked me out of it- she said that vacation is supposed to be relaxing and that it would be tiring to drive up to Boston today and back home on Monday and then head to Annapolis/Baltimore for a few days. She said she is definitely coming down here when Ryan is born for a few days and may also be coming for a weekend in July to visit my middle DD and we can get together then.

I actually slept in for the first time in a verrrrry long time. We went to the library today and got a book on tape for the car ride tomorrow-Ice Cold by Tess Gerritson- (a Rizzoli and Isles story) I can't wait for the series to start again in a couple of weeks!!!

We got a great deal on a nice hotel in Annapolis so we are leaving tomorrow morning and coming home on Wednesday. I read a little bit today, watched some of the Yankee game, took a nap and also did some crocheting. A very relaxing day so far. I can't remember the last time I got so much sleep:lol:lol:lol But I do feel rejuvenated and ready for vacation now!!!!

Jude

I guess it's a good thing it turned out like it did -- it would have been odd if the girls got the TALL gene and the boys got the short one. Worked out better this way I bet. Did the boys play basketball in school ?

Toni

Sounds as if you are having an enjoyable weekend ! Hope the weather stays quiet and gives you some peace . No storms here today-- just very cool and grey.We had the sun come out a few minutes,but not much . It was fine though, I dont much like the bad hot weather .

Joanne

That sounds great, nothing wrong with catching up on some rest . It probably will be much more relaxing if you only have to make one drive to one place, then can enjoy your time there .

I'm sure you will be happy to spend some extra time once the new babe arrives !

Joanne

That sounds great, nothing wrong with catching up on some rest . It probably will be much more relaxing if you only have to make one drive to one place, then can enjoy your time there .

I'm sure you will be happy to spend some extra time once the new babe arrives !

Julie,

Yes, for once my DD was right and I'm glad she talked me into staying home. I do love Boston and I love going to visit her, but at least I know I'll be seeing her soon.

Now off to figure out dinner! (since I was supposed to be going to Boston, I didn't plan on cooking):lol

I'm thinking BLT's .....

Archived