Lot's of Peaches and Cream for Totes(Img Heavy)

Tampa Doll

Ah I know my stash is a drop in the bucket compared to some on here.

Someone had asked what I was going to do, now that there will be no more PNC, so I wanted to show them that I have plenty left.

I have only a little of the other, and no wool, makes me itch.:hook

It's a virtual :c9 o' cotton over there MaryJo! :lol

I have about 8 cones of it for future use - I too will miss them - are they going to stop production of it after the 28th and ship other things?

I knew they were going out - but will they re-open under a new name or buyout company?

:whewWhew!! That's good to know the Crochetville totes will continue despite the closing of Peaches and Cream. I have been blessed with one and its good to know the tradtion will continue for a long time to come. So many more will be blessed also.

I wanted to check a couple of places before I answered Shuttlebug's questions.

They are closing the stores on Feb 22 and they will not be opened again. They are to begin shipping on the 28th. Now this is according to the web site.

On Ravelry, they are saying that anything left will be shipped, who knows where. They will be taking inventory and such around the 22nd. Now this is suppose to be what Flo has told someone on Raverly. So not sure what is what.

Hey who knows, the left over could be seen in Big lots soon.:shrug

I use lots of double weight cotton :( where will I find it if EP closes down?? :eek I sorta stopped buying regular peaches and cream ww ,opting for a few cents more for cotton like Coates cream de la cream which in my humble is more vivid in color and the colors hold up better with multiple washings as in kitchen stuff and just feels good..also like lion's brand , but sure love those cones and as fate would have it my Wally's just started getting some good colors on the cones of Peaches which made me happy cuz the shipping is high on EP site and or ,I am a cheapskate one of the two :) at any rate I am going to blow the yarn budget and order some Double weight cones am sure will never see them at this discount price again..this really is sad news indeed. Just remember news snippets I have been hearing claim cotton is going up up up like gas.. if you need to rationalize some buying :lol:rant

I got my last order today. It is a total of 17 cones. 7 in the first order and 10 in the last.

I had to chuckle as in the box with the yarn was a pamphlet of all the yarn they sell and the calendar they were selling called Sticks Hooks and Shuttles.:hook

Well, expect the price of all the other cottons to go up. First because the price of cotton is going up and also, there is one less of the compition.:hook

post-105-135897631668_thumb.jpg

That's a big haul MaryJo!

Glad you got it all and the Sticks, Hooks and Shuttles Calendar sounds cute - especially like the "Shuttles" part ;)

How I wish my hands were good to go for tatting still - how I miss it!

So tell me what is your first project with the new cotton going to be - any designs on it yet??

Can you see ideas for new tote themes?

The black/pink/white is called Black Cherry.

Right now I am trying to find places for the cones. Ah I can see several that can be at lest 3 bags. Like the Black Cherry. A black or white or pink tote with the verigated for handles and outline?

I am going to have some fun now.:hook

Archived