Caplette for charity

walker1021

The charity group I belong to has asked for items to be sent to an elder center on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation. I thought a pretty little caplette would be nice for some special lady to wear. The button came from my mom's button collection. Thought it was perfect for this project. (my daughter modeled this for the picture)

Thanks for looking.

p.s. The pattern can be found here

post-5504-135897627665_thumb.jpg

post-5504-13589762767_thumb.jpg

Jana, that is really beautiful, it looks more elegant in black. What type of yarn did you use and did you have any problems with the pattern.

Hediye

Hediye ~

The pattern was a little difficult to follow at first and there are quite a few errors (thanks to Ravelry for having a link to the corrections). But it was so worth it in the end.

Believe it or not, I used plain old Caron Simply Soft. Not my favorite yarn to use, but it drapes so pretty.

I made this a while back and ended up giving it away as it just didn't look good on me. Your daughter looks beautiful in it! What a wonderful gift for someone!

Thanks, Dextersmom. I'm imagining a special older lady wearing this to the dinner hall at the home - not only to keep the draft off her shoulders, but also to spice up her outfit. Good thoughts :)

Archived