February Charity CAL 2/17 - 2/22

nicolep

Wow, I missed the bus this month. Work has been high-drama these past two weeks and I am so tired of looking at the computer when I get home that I missed the start. But I will try to get something done!

Glad to hear how busy everyone is!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finished a newborn size dress for the pregnancy center baby shower. I can't post a picture of it though. :( I tested the pattern and it's not for sale yet.

I just started a baby sweater and hat set for the same cause. That's a published patter so I will be able to post a picture of it when it's done. I don't know if I'll get it finished by the end of the CAL this month.

I didn't end up with much extra time after all. Every time I sat in my chair for 30 or 40 minutes I fell asleep, not 30 minute catnaps, but for a couple of hours. :lol

I'm still working on my doilyghan, but I'm afraid it's too open. I'm going to do a little more tonight to get to another section, and then show it to some friends at lunch tomorrow who know lots more about babies and let them decide. If not, I'll frog it and start another pattern.

I've just started the third section of the doilyghan I'm working on. I think it will be okay for a preemie ghan since they are pretty much just for show in the nursery and not really for practical use. It's turquoise and apricot colored.

I've just started the third section of the doilyghan I'm working on. I think it will be okay for a preemie ghan since they are pretty much just for show in the nursery and not really for practical use. It's turquoise and apricot colored.

Can't wait to see a picture of that one. The colors sound gorgeous.

I'm not going to get the doily-ghan finished, but maybe close. My baby-expert friends said it was ok, so I'm going on with it. I'm maybe 3/4 done.

I've really been pretty distracted with work and other things while this was going on this month, and haven't accomplised much these days. I'm hoping to do better in March. By then I should be back to my regular work schedule and settling into my normal routines again. So - here's to March!

I have finished 4 of the 6 hats. I am hoping to pop in a movie, maybe North and South and finish off the other two.

I have been watching the doily-ghan thread closely, I love seeing them come to life!

I'm going to go ahead and post my totals as I have to go to work. Have ends to tuck in and one slipper to sew up yet but can't get it done before leaving.

2 pair preemie booties

1 pair adult slippers for chemo unit

1 chemo cap

I'll try to post a picture as soon as I can.

Well, once you wrap a baby up in it, who cares if it's flat?? People will be looking at the cute baby and the beautiful handwork, not laying it on the floor! I think it's a WIN!

You're so sweet and made me feel so much better! Thank you! :hug

I feel like I should post this in little tiny gray letters - only

3/4 of a baby blanket

That's sad. I don't have even a progress photo at this point. But allow me to whine that it hasn't been an easy week. I HATE being at work at 7:30 a.m. instead of 4 p.m. It really messes me up. As I said, March will be better. :yes

Wow, Linda, what a nice piece. You ladies are tempting me to try one although it's WAY out of my league. I finished a chemo hat for a gal in Aus and one cat mat. I will try to get pictures posted tonight. I was apparently too busy watching Glee and then doing who-know's-what to get the pictures done last night.

1 cat mat

1 chemo hat

Archived