Hello from NC!

tinker

W

Hey Tinker, I'm new too not from NC, from Alabama, but my favorite yarn store is in NC ... mostly because it has nice yarns and is sooooooo crochet friendly!!! Not many LYS's like that!

Which store is that?

Oh wow, Tinker, I'm in Cornelius! Right near Knit One Stitch Too, if you know where that is. It's neat to have another Charlottean around here, do you by any chance teach at CPCC? Do you have any favorite yarn stores in the area?

Hey Tinker again!

Please forgive me ... I can only get on a couple of times a week and there is so much traffic on this board I can't keep track of where I am and where I am going. I'm a newbie at that and maybe should've started with a slower board. I anyone has any experience, strength and hope to pass along so I don't get overwhelmed, email me.

In answer to your question, "Where is that?"

Jacksonville, NC

Phooty's Yarn Cottage

Great Place!

Hi Tinker! And welcome (am I allowed to say that when I have only been here myself for about 2 days?:lol )

Don't think of learning to knit as being a traitor...any craft that can have women standing in front of a wall of yarn shelves, stroking and Oooing and Awing is a good thing. Both crocheting and knitting have different purposes. I know how to do both, and both are great.

Hey Kathy,

I don't know all the rules here, there are so many rules about so many things I get confused, but the shop in Jacksonville, NC has a website all you have to do is type in "yarn jacksonville nc" or just "phootsy's" and it'll pop up. Are we allowed to post links and stuff in our messages?

By-the-way my friend from Alabama has son stationed at Camp Lejeune, which is in Jacksonville. That's how I found out about the store, we visited there. They also offer free shipping which works for me!

Len

Oh wow, Tinker, I'm in Cornelius! Right near Knit One Stitch Too, if you know where that is. It's neat to have another Charlottean around here, do you by any chance teach at CPCC? Do you have any favorite yarn stores in the area?

Yup, I teach at CPCC.

I have heard of that store but I've never been there. I usually just go to Michael's or Hancock Fabrics. There's a yarn store in Ballantyne... I think it's The Peace of Yarn. They have really nice yarns but they are expensive.

what post are you on? im military also.

I'm in Jacksonville, My DH is stationed in Camp LeJeune. It looks like you are in Fort Bragg about an hour or so away.

I'm in Jacksonville, My DH is stationed in Camp LeJeune. It looks like you are in Fort Bragg about an hour or so away.

we had a buddy just finish at lejeune. He was a coremam for the navy. we visited him before he left, (He is actually in iraq now). it was quite a drive. 2 1/2 hrs. it was hard as i was 9 mo. pregnant at the time :whew

Camp Lejeune is in Jacksonville, NC right? That's where Phootsy's is.

I've only been to Phootsy's once. Loved the store, but I'm a threadie at heart. She carries Yarn and not thread.

Archived